[Clerics] Breastplate Focus/Click Feedback time

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Crystilla, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Rogue Augur

I will never go Hagi!! If you want survivability go Hsta
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

What? Remedy should be your primary heal on raids. You either Remedy-Light or you Remedy-Renewal-Renewal. The thing has almost instant cast time and crits for 40k normally, or way more on Paladins. There's no global cool down like there used to be.
  3. Fenthen aka Rath

Sorry for never making it this far into the EQ forums to realize the Priest community was active. ;)

That said, I skimmed through this a bit and wanted to add my input to the Great Chestplate Debate.

The VoA/RoF clicky is amazing. +4k to heals and focus to, what used to be, a primary raid heal. However now that Remedy has no GCD and should be the first heal in any Cleric's heal weave, the CotF BP is superior to be worn (plus better stats). There are different methodologies to raid healing: Remedy-Light (with AA heals, group heals, intrervention/contravention being able to be thrown in more often) or Remedy-Renewal-Renewal and abandoning Light altogether.
    The clicky however leaves much to be desired. The 65% bonus to nuke spells only lasts 35 seconds or so. I tried using it on a raid and only had a few spells benefit from it; even then I'm not a damage class so our DD spells have their limits. Being throttled back to 25% healing during that duration is also painful, and means I've basically abandoned the Cleric role (for the time being).

I still keep my RoF T4 BP in my bag for the click while I use the CotF BP for the focus/stats. It's painful to need both because the developers thought Clerics shouldn't be Clerics, but whatever. The only time I go "all out" with damage is during Neriak 1 or WK 1, and even then I'm dealing massive damage because of Turn Undead and not just my direct damage spells. If the BP click lasted longer and worked for damage-over-time spells as well, then losing the ability to click my healing breastplate would be a possible option. I can crank out 4-5 mil damage on either of those 2 raids, but it's not because I am casting only DD spells. I was really excited when I thought the BP had +75% to healing and not the reverse, believing that a percentage bonus would be substantially more than 4000 hitpoints worth.
  4. Rogue Augur

Is this going to be fixed, or are we going to have to go back and do old raids to have the proper click?
  5. Nylrem Augur

ummm.... how do you not have a Global Cool-Down on remedy? Am I missing something, because I sure have a cooldown before I can cast another heal. (which is actually more like 1.9s NOT 1.5s, time it yourself with multiple casts of Light)
  6. Mykaylla Augur

Fenthen is referring to the global refresh (how long all your spellgems are greyed out), not the individual spell recast timer (how long that specific spellgem is greyed out). These are different things. If you use raidloot for your spell info needs, global = rest, recast = recast.
    Prior to House of Thule, the remedy line from Ethereal Remedy on up would lock out *all* your spellgems for longer than standard global recast, which was originally 2.25 seconds, and then was reduced to 1.5 seconds. HoT changed remedy to use the standard global refresh, but the spell was still slower than interventions, contraventions, and the 11th hour line, and the same speed as a raid-focus-hastened renewal, with a much lower base heal and none of the extra benefits, so it was still not a desirable spell to most clerics in most circumstances. The retuning of a number of heals in RoF beta really brought remedy back onto spellbars. Compare:

[18233/4201] Devout Remedy Rk. III
    Classes: CLR/81
    Skill: Alteration
    Mana: 649
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Casting: 1.75s, Recast: 1.5s, Rest: 3.5s
    1: Increase Current HP by 3291

5.3 seconds minimum, to cast a single remedy (as the cast time rounds to 1.8 seconds), whereas casting a light if you had raid boots and spell haste is 3.7 seconds- i.e. at the 5.3 second mark, you've almost finished casting another light, or you could complete casting an intervention, and gotten two strong heals out in the time you cast one weak remedy.

In HoT we see:

[25085/4301] Earnest Remedy Rk. III
    Classes: CLR/86
    Mana: 827
    Casting: 1.75s, Recast: 3.5s, Rest: 1.5s
    1: Increase Current HP by 4706
    2: Increase Current HP by 1177 (If HP Below 20 Percent)

VoA had more of the same with:

[28111/4401] Faithful Remedy Rk. III
    Classes: CLR/91
    Mana: 931
    Casting: 1.75s, Recast: 3.5s, Rest: 1.5s
    1: Increase Current HP by 5837
    2: Increase Current HP by 1459 (If HP Below 20 Percent)

And finally RoF brought us revamped remedy with the cast time reduced and the reduction then applied to the recast, and a significant base heal amount increase.

[34105/4501] Graceful Remedy Rk. III
    Classes: CLR/96
    Mana: 1071
    Casting: 0.5s, Recast: 4.75s, Rest: 1.5s
    1: Increase Current HP by 8392
    2: Increase Current HP by 2098 (If HP Below 20 Percent)
  7. Mykaylla Augur

Just so you know (or anyone else interested), that was a temporary duration change since there was an issue during beta, and it had to be tossed in just in time to make the patch while Chandrok was not available, because as it was prior, it was too long and then it would get "nerfed" on live- and nerfs are never popular. The duration now should be 5 minutes base.
  8. Metanis Bad Company

They say that change is good. But I sure feel violated by this change in focus on an item designed for the class designated as the pure healer in this game. As much as I loathe Carnon (RIP) I have to agree with his assessment, if I wanted to do DPS I'd load another class.