[Clerics] Breastplate Focus/Click Feedback time

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Crystilla, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Crystilla Augur

Hi folks!

Chandrok has asked for feedback regarding what focus effects and/or clicks we want on our BP's. So a couple of questions I have are:

1) What worn focus effect do you want?
    2) What right click effect do you want?
  2. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

1) I would really like a Graceful Remedy heal mod. It's my most often used spell - I don't use light that often (less than 15% of total casts, while remedy is at least 50%)
    Alternatively, a reduction in recast time for Intervention/Renewal/Splash would be cool.

2) Something like a Celestial Rapidity clicky would be amazing. A mana pres disc would be great too. Would prefer either of those over the current clicky effect.

The current focus/click on the BP is ok, but it's not a highly sought after item for me.
  3. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Worn focus:

Reduced recast time on:

XXXXX Renewal
    XXXXX Intervention
    XXXXX Contravention
  4. Crystilla Augur

For me, things that I'd be interested in are:

Worn focus:
    • Reduced recast time on intravention/contravention
    • Mana pres on multiple spell lines (renewal, remedy)
    • Reduces cast time on anticipated intervention
    • Increased heal added to light and remedy both
    Click:
    • Current click of increased healing (pretty much been a staple that I do use every raid night multiple times)
    • Split counter thing that either gives celestial rapidity (doesn't stack with the AA) to all beneficial spells OR increased damage OR crit chance on dots ... something that will be based on our next spell cast and includes counters we can use against those.
    • Group intervention (2 min reuse)
    • Mark of the righteous (so we can finally get rid of our old PoP elemental legs for this click)
    • Group AE heal
    • Group Divine Aura ability (to date bards are still the only class to have this though clerics are also a major DA class)
    Some of the end ones there I don't think would be popular with many other clerics, but I tossed them out there for two reasons - to help spur ideas and thinking outside the box and because I'd enjoy them I know.
  5. Rykear Elder

To give a little background, I play a group geared cleric. The primary spells that I heal with varies on situation. I have the last two intervention and renewal lines Marco'd with glorious to cast a heal1 and a heal2 with the four spells. This lineup is used in the group game for trash and named.

I am not a raider but, have been called upon to help a raiding force. When in a raiding setup as a group geared cleric, I have been chain healing through the x-target window. This healing is an extended chain healing with really only two spells used: gracious and reverent(light line).

Taking both situations into account, what focus would I want? I would say a healing bonus to either the light or gracious line.

What clicky would I want? The mana reduction is nice over long healing encounters but, with our mana return lines does not seem needed. The extra bonus to healing in general seems to account for both raiding and grouping but seems to miss the extra special to it. Finally, others have mentioned a group heal or DA click, this hits the wow/ special but misses the really used area. I am in all three areas here with no swing vote to any.

Rykear
  6. LoonyToony Elder

For BP focus I would love a base increase to heals. Not a single line but a general % increase in all heals. For the click effect I would love something new like viral hot for four to ten ticks then virals to next PC with so many jumps.
  7. CaRnon Augur

NO Light foci PLEASE.. Its the heal I use the least and I never use it in exp groups... If it must be a heal specific foci use Remedy.. but I prefer it be a heal foci for ALL our heals OR additional mana pres on our heals.. Heck I rather have improved Swarm Hammer pet clicky then another Light heal foci...

Even a clicky heal or heal over time would be really nice.
  8. Saroc_Luclin Augur

Speaking for myself, for the clicky, I'd love something we'd probably never get... Divine Balance (Our 2.5 Clicky) .

Modernize it a bit by increasing the heal and maybe drop the cure element and it'd be great. It'd let me finally leave the shield in my house. :)
  9. Tour Augur

Worn focus:
    I agree that the RL mod is, at least for some raiders, really low in utility and is not something I'd like to see on our new BP. It just isn't as fast as our alternatives and when it comes down to it, that extra x% to RL is not going to change the fact that it's making up ~ <18% of my heals and is used only when I have nothing better to use. That being said, for many grouping clerics, RL is still going to be their bread and butter for the most part and such a mod likely retains a good amount of utility.

If we end up with a foci to only one heal, remedy may be best cause it's at least commonly used by both grouping and raiding clerics, and remedy has always been the relatively weak spell in our lineup. A reduction in RL cast time foci wouldn't be so bad either so it's less unappealing compared to our other options. Make our fast but relatively weak heal a little less weak, or our slow but relatively strong heal a little less slow.

Or, if we don't want a direct healing mod, a reduction in renewal / intervention / contravention would be great as these faster heals are heavily used too.

I don't think additional mana pres is all that useful as we already have so many ways to preserve / gain mana as it is. If you don't run out of mana, more mana pres at our disposal isn't going to be of much utility.

Right-Click Effect:
    -Our "standard" counter based flat + to heal buff
    -Counter based beneficial twin-cast
    -Clicky healing frenzy (non-stackable) or something along those lines
    -Targetable reverse (for lack of a better term) healing frenzy, or flurry of life, etc. Short duration buff placed on your target, increase to all heals landing on target.
    -The ever under-appreciated ward of certitude, or maybe some other mitigation and/or heal targetbable defensive proc (quasi-no time to bleed?)
    -aoe splash (not target ring, just a splash centered around the cleric)
  10. arttemis New Member

For what its worth, heres what i think =)

Focus's i'll like to see
    • Faster recast of virtuous intervention. Drop the refresh time by 1 tick
    • faster cast time of Antipated interpostion, drop the cast time from 9 weeks to 1 or 2 days
    • Incresse to splash heal AE range, from 50 to 70/80 ish 100 for raid BP's
    • Larger range on our group heal, boost range from a 100 AE range for 120/130 ish
    • Larger base heal to Graceful remady, much like the current light focus but for GR
    • Extended Celest regen + foc celest regen by 1 tick, 2 ticks for raid BP's
    Clicky effects which i would rather see
    • Spell haste (cant ever have enough of it ;))
    • Twinheal procs 15 counters - 10 min refresh
    • Extended range for 1.5mins by a 40% (i can dream dam it!) - 10min refresh
    • Faster recast of all healing based spells but 10% for 1min
    • Increase to heals by 3K (current click) but change it so i dont use all my counters when i cast splash, 1 counter per heal cast =D 20 counters
    • Group DA, lasts for 18 sec's, 15 min recast
    • No fail gate click, just throwing that one out there ....
  11. Adaire Lorekeeper

Worn:

1. A straight healing overbonus like the current clicky affect "add _______##______ to all heals"
    2. Keep it what it is and add remedy

Clicky:

I want more "burn" healing so:

1. Combo a rapidity / twin cast type buff (or beefy versions of either or!)
  12. CaRnon Augur

Just reading this thread again and I don't really see where they got the idea for our new BP click from?,... seriously lowering our heal % to increase our dps %.. I am a cleric.. If I wanted to dps I would load my wiz or necro.
    Light likes this.
  13. Belchere Lorekeeper

The most intriguing comment I have seen yet, would be for the click to reduce (or even remove) the recast timers on Reduced recast time on intravention/contravention for say 1 min every 10, or say 10 casts (that # might be a little big, idk). But basically a situational type thing that helps you pump out a ton of healing in a short window, yet restricted so it's not just #easymode.
  14. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

I like the idea of reducing recast time on Intervention/Contravention, but I think it would be better off as an AA line.
  15. Nylrem Augur

/agree on better off as an AA line.

6 ranks each, 2 seconds per rank, just like Hastened renewal does for F___ renewal line, imo. Hastened Intervention, and Hastened Contravention.
  16. Mykaylla Augur

Hastened Intervention and Contravention were both asked for as AA lines. The response at the time was a lukewarm maybe. Obviously it eventually became no (or at least, "not at this time").
    That was mostly asked for as a focus for the BP, not as the click, but that would be an... interesting piece of coding if it could work like that. I think that would require code support to even do though.
  17. Adaire Lorekeeper

Myk any thoughts on beta BP clicky (yeah somehow lost my beta access this go too so /apology if it's being addressed in the beta forum...)
  18. Rogue Augur

How did this happen?? -healing/+nuking click? who is in charge of submitting ideas, and how was that idea ever submitted
  19. Light New Member

Apparently I'm a tad bit too late but my 2 cents... What the hell is wrong with the new BP effects? -60% heal for +50% spell damage? Remedy focus effect replaced Light?

DPS effect? Seriously? No cleric these days solos as a battle cleric. It just doesn't happen anymore. Molo with a Wiz merc has replaced it, and even then you heal, not DPS. Even if I did solo, I chain heal my of with VoV/Ward, so the -60% to heals on top of the -50% for VoV blows. In a group I chain heal, but if it's too slow paced I guess I could nuke and click off the -60% heal effect before I cast a heal... The situations where this effect is useful are slim. I'm seriously disappointed in the new DPS effect.

Remedy heal focus? I'm going to be the oddball in this thread, but Light is my #1 heal spell, mostly due to no cooldown from interv/contrav. I know I'm not alone, many cleric friends of mine who have been mains for 12-14 years still use Light. Do I use remedy? Yes. It is a good quick spot heal with no long cooldown, but it is not deserving of the only heal spell as the focus. There are too many heal spells and situations that do not allow one default heal spell anymore. I'd rather have +2% to all heals rather than +4% for remedy.

Clerics want heal burns, not DPS. We want reduced cooldowns, or increased X% to all heals, not just one. Lastly, I personally like the +Amount to heals effect.
  20. CaRnon Augur

well I agree with you on most of that besides the Light heal foci... yeah a lot of long time clerics still use Light heal's only.. but I think that has to do more with out of habbit or refusel to change then anything else half the time to be honest...

Remedy is the #1 heal I use on raids or in groups... after that our heal/cure spells and then our heal/nuke spells.. and then IF nothing else is up I would cast Light. but only when no other heal is back up yet... Its just too slow a cast time to be my main heal.
    Tour likes this.