Clerics and Tower Shields

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Gnomereaper, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Gnomereaper Augur

Tower Shield use are War, Pal, SK, and Bard.

If Bards are a scout/hybrid class and merely on Tower Shields because of their proficiency with plate. Why are Clerics not able to use Tower Shields as the class is Proficient with Bash skill which would then also give the capacity to logically want to Bash with a Tower Shield. Clerics main role is to protect themselves with plate armor so they can maintain to heal their groups more.

I believe clerics should be moved onto the Tower Shield class use.
    Szilent likes this.
  2. Annastasya Augur

i don't feel any particular envy for Tank shields. ( i also don't think bards should be wielding tower shields.)

i suppose i am generally on the - Classes should be further differentiated rather than homogenized- side of the class balance argument.

Instead of what you propose here, i'd like to see the return of class specific, or perhaps, priest- specific shields that have stats and even effects that lean toward enhancing our healing or buffing roles, and provide reasonable protection for priests, but not nearly on the level of tanks.
  3. Thraine Augur

clerics are plate classes, and are usually right there beside the tank doing what needs to be done to win a raid/event whatever .. i would love to have a real shield tbh