Cleric + ?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Massimo_Bertoxx, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Been contemplating starting up a cleric and levelling up on the new Vox server. I have not played for over a year and have not played seriously since around the time TBS came out, so I'm not familiar at all with the current top end game or any content over 75 or 80 really, just so you know where I'm coming from. I'm not new to the cleric class and I like to play it to the max when possible (pulling, meleeing, etc). I have 3 computers that will run EQ but would love to get away with running 2 toons tops just because it gets a bit much moving more around, etc, every single time you play. Things do tend to go smoother and faster when you can box something and I'm assuming that hasn't changed with mercs.

If I were to try to level up a cleric, what would be a good 2 box duo? Purpose of this toon would be to support the cleric (and an extra merc when needed) for levelling and AA, primarily, but getting as much gearing up done as possible as well. Is there a duo that can do epics, at this point, for example? Managability and playability over long grinds is a factor, also.

Any insight anyone can offer would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!
  2. Mysl Augur

I think Mage will be a good one for you.
  3. Crystilla Augur

My husband is a mage. There's probably easier combinations, but I've loved the power he has (and cothing = quicker moving around for box teams).

When we got a 3rd account, we had leveled a chanter and used her for stuff - while she's still there, we also have a ranger on that account for the track abilities and easier boxing ability (I box the chanter or ranger). Note, this is with me pulling as the cleric.
  4. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Thanks, guys. I really appreciate it. I was thinking Magician, also. And was considering an enchanter as a possible 3rd.

I'm having a quandry about what to play as a main this time around....love the idea of a fresh start....just comes down to what do I want to raid with down the line....Burned out raiding as a rogue years ago when it got into all the simon-says emotes and havign to endlessly and constantly reposition. Is the cleric role on raids the same as it has always been?

Been considering running a crew to level up a warrior also, as I've always thought it would be a great class to get up to speed for raiding, albeit some work, but thinking back to having to run around like a lemming on raids on my rogue every 3 seconds kind of makes me reconsider that...makes sense for melees to have to do that, but boy it burned me out fast. Cleric, or another caster, may be more my speed.
  5. Crystilla Augur

Clerics are still healing focused, but with a lot more versatility to do it.

I'd suggest reading THIS thread - I answered another cleric with a few links of quick guides, so you might find something useful here.
  6. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Thank you. I saw that thread and your post and have read thru both a couple of times, actually. Very nicely done....lot of great info in there.

Thank you again!
  7. CaRnon Augur

I am biast towards Cleric / Necro / Wizard combo.. there is not much you cant kill in the group game with that combo.. (minus a few stupid mobs that chain cast AE Silence or such...) But Other combos that I see other clerics do is Cleric/ShadowKnight/rogue ... Cleric(with merc tank)/Bard/Berzeker... umm.. cleric/mage/necro-or-Wizard... thoese are just some of the combos I seen that are pretty useful for a good group set up.. But do a little bit more research and see which classes you think you feel the most comfey playing... some folks perfer warriors over SK/Pallys (I have been told its less buttons to push on a tank then a SK/pally /shrug I dont know personally)...

Whatever you choose if its not too much trouble would ya let us know here and maby give us a little insight into why you chose your combo... I am happy with my current set up BUT I am always looking for ways to improve..

and btw Welcome back! I think the Priest forum here is probly the most ..ummm.. frendly of the class forums.. There are more then a handful of very good clerics of every level of the game here that are always willing to help people out with any question no matter how big or small... so please feel free to ask away..
  8. Shang Augur

Cleric / Ranger / Necro used to be unstoppable.

Not sure what my dream team trio would be now.
  9. doktartp Augur

I have found necros are rather good for the time needed to make them good. 1k ish AAs and your in decent shape with some levels.
    Not a box suitable class, but with mercs you could make them heal while you focus on dps (which is what will level/gear you)