Cleric undead solo/molo 95+?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by baguette7, Jul 8, 2017.

1. baguette7 New Member

I just hit 93 with my cleric running DH HA with my box sk. Although I enjoy boxing, I would like to learn the cleric class and it's toolset outside healing.
    Are zones like chapterhouse a possibility for a group geared cleric solo or molo? What would the spell and aa lineup look like?
    I realize cleric is primarily a group class so my expectations for the solo game are low. My main goal is to learn the cleric class and maybe burn LoD and gain some aa's when I'm too lazy to box.
    Thanks for the help!
  2. Horkak New Member

Chapterhouse wont really beable to till over 100, you could try mini swarm in mech guardian or like hills of shade singles since for most part whole zone is Undead even if dont look it atleast the elves and humans. it has been while but i think i did some solo around there, but also depends on gear
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Could try Erudin Burning, Fear Itself, Miragul's Nightmare, Sanctum Somnium.
  4. Gundolin Augur

Fear itself and Miragul's Nightmare are great suggestions for 93 I think. I'm pretty sure that Fear itself undead all summon so you'll want to load at least two contra's for healing damage. I can't remember on the rest of Fear.

Eventually Scorched Woods is a pretty easy place since the Undead Skellies don't summon, makes Root rot easy, but time consuming since they have a ton of HP. But that is closer to a 105 zone.
  5. Brohg Augur

Clerics get a ton of their damage from Hammer of Reverence melee+procs, I entirely assumed that was the go-to plan for soloing. Doing it with just the dot seems crazy.
  6. Gundolin Augur

Of course you are right its Definitely slower, but no risk with all dots.
  7. Nylrem Augur

Put wiz merc on burn, molo whatever trash ya want in any appropriate zone. Some areas may be able to help DPS a lot, some, may need to heal merc raid style, with the benefit that don't even have to stick to undead only.
  8. Gundolin Augur

Yeah, I still can't effectively face tank skeletons in SW, and my gear isn't great but not horrible. Sitting with around 186K HP, and using Glorious>Contra>Contra I generally still have to root back out, heal and go back in. Hammer proc helps in DPS but a more significant portion of my damage is still coming from Turn Undead and Smite than from Melee. (I also am using Eradicate undead, and Sermon).
  9. Brohg Augur

Eradicate is a trap, it's not actually better damage than regular nukes. I don't know the /con of undead in SW, can you employ the two stuns? If those can't be used I can see how you'd get behind on damage taken.
  10. Annastasya Augur

When face tanking stuff, promise is your friend. i have a soloing hotkey that goes
    /target *yourself*
    /pause 2
    /cast 2 (2nd slot is promised)
    /pause 2
    /cast 2

i generally do this right before i engage and after it triggers if i'm still taking significant hits. The double casting helps with fizzles or interruptions.
    These days i just put my caster merc on burn, load him up with extravagant tank pieces and spam contraventions or stuns along with glorious and whatever DDs i feel like.

Good general spells to use if you plan on tanking stuff or taking hits with your cleric-
    Vow of Vigor/Virulence
    Shining Bulwark
    Ward of Censure
  11. Brohg Augur

Bonus for using a merc like that now, they actually target the mob finally, so Glorious+Interventions can be used just like with a player
    Annastasya likes this.
  12. Gundolin Augur

Most are Yellow still in SW but they don't summon so backing in and out is possible.

I'll try the two stuns, since I woefully under-utilize my stuns and other utility spells I don't know how they work.
  13. Annastasya Augur

Cleric stuns won't work on yellows or above.

im not sure why Brohg thinks Erradicate is a trap. it casts faster (1.2) does more damage (base like 13k or so) and seems to get resisted a lot less than our non undead nukes.
  14. Brohg Augur

13.3k base damage at rk3, yep.

Glorious Judgement 11.6k versus undead, with 0.8s cast, also doubles the damage on:

Mystical Intervention which has 13.2k, also doubling up on procs & things, ditto
    Virtuous Intervention with 11.4k, and
    Elysian Intervention, 9.4k

then on their own,
    Ardent Contravention is 17.5k base damage versus undead,
    Virtuous Contravention 15.1k, and
    Elysian finally less at 12.5k, so you could skip this one, but it still also includes the chunky heal

each Intra or Contra casts in 1.5s (0.9s if you can swing an Imperator's Charge from your friendly neighborhood warrior, or 0.8s during Celestial Rapidity)

Eradicate's a trap. Would be usable once per battle if the debuff were guaranteed. It's not.
  15. Gundolin Augur

For True Solo (not molo) I keep eradicate up for the extra nuke. Also, there is no damage from intervention in true Solo, so if you are casting it, its only for the fast heal.
  16. Fullwin Journeyman

I believe that if you swap targets from yourself to a mob during an Intervention spell's cast time, the nuke will hit that mob as normal.
    Brohg likes this.
  17. Gundolin Augur

You were correct, I didn't think it worked.

[Thu Sep 14 21:29:50 2017] You begin casting Virtuous Intervention Rk. III.
    [Thu Sep 14 21:29:50 2017] A plaguebone skeleton crushes YOU for 10663 points of damage.
    [Thu Sep 14 21:29:50 2017] A plaguebone skeleton crushes YOU for 3463 points of damage.
    [Thu Sep 14 21:29:50 2017] A plaguebone skeleton hits YOU for 9764 points of damage.
    [Thu Sep 14 21:29:51 2017] Kerida tells General:1, 'wow-- it's a quiet night'
    [Thu Sep 14 21:29:51 2017] You regain your concentration and continue your casting.
    [Thu Sep 14 21:29:51 2017] You have healed Gundolin for 30816 points.
    [Thu Sep 14 21:29:51 2017] Gundolin hit a plaguebone skeleton for 12777 points of non-melee damage.
    [Thu Sep 14 21:29:51 2017] A plaguebone skeleton is struck by the wrath of virtuous intervention.
    Skewert and Brohg like this.