Cleric Spells for Next Expansion

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Gnomereaper, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Gnomereaper Augur

1. Upgrade to Undying Life
    2. Remedy spell that draws no aggro that's on it's own timer that can be chained with other Remedies.
    3. Prayer of Healing: Heals your target when they take damage, is a buff that can jump up to 3 targets. AA line to increase that to 5.
    4. Sanctuary-Summons a player to you, clearing aggro list and placing them under a sanctuary effect. Reuse 10 minutes.

-Shamans get feign death, druids gain access to ports, if we're the protector class and can perform miracles. Then summonsing a player to the group is acceptable. We can already do this with rogue dragging or monk dragging. Eliminating the rogue and monk for the one person is already good.

Also allows us to work with pullers, kiters, and other such during raids.

5. Ball of Light- Consumable ball of Light that heals the target themselves.

What are your thoughts?
  2. Annastasya Augur

1. Yes, but make it a soft upgrade, keep the current type of restrictions, don't give us something you will have to nerf in 6 months.
    2. None of our direct healing spells should draw *zero* aggro. This is important for balance. The second part of that request i do not understand. Memorize our last 3 remedies and spam them. They CAN be chained, and do not share a timer.
    3. A viral type heal trigger buff, with limited targets. An interesting idea, probably hard to implement and perhaps a bit unnecessary, we have several tools already that place a buff on a target and heal them when they take damage.
    4. One must be very careful with giving classes the ability to move other players in space. This is easily open to abuse and i feel that a cleric's role to get people out of trouble is to heal them like mad, not use deceit or mental manipulation to make an angry npc forget about or lose track of them. Leave that to the Enchanters.
    5. There are a multitude of potions and clicky heal items. i think we should encourage people to invite more real healers to their groups and not fewer. This might be something that mages should be able to summon for themselves (maybe they already have something like this, i don't know).
  3. Metanis Bad Company

We have so many heal variations now it's hard to keep track of them. My wish list would include...

1) Give shaman all groupable hots. I don't want them, shaman do!
    2) Make cleric single target hots stackable with all other hots but make them 2x stronger, last 1.5x longer and impose a 3x mana cost. In other words, give me a reason to cast these again.
    3) Allow promised spells to stack in some fashion or just get bounced for no mana cost and no effect to an existing promised in countdown mode. And give me a message telling me that some_random_cleric_03 already has a promised on the target.
    4) Consolidate the seemingly random plethora of AA abilities we have. I'm casting 8 AA abilities when engaging a tough raid mob. That just seems excessive because I know there are some I could do that I'm just ignoring.
    5) Change our existing splash to work on a targeted PC. I hate that mouse target thing with a passion. It's always failing on some stupid little ridge or bump in the geometry. Just give me a 50 or 60 radius circle around the player I have currently targeted!
    6) Give me a new passive AA that makes moving while casting more forgiving! (Drusella #2)
    7) Turn Undead got no loving at all for RoS, it needs massive enhancements!
  4. Brohg Augur

Fix Hand of Merciful Infusion line by removing both the recast timer and recast timer ID.

Group DI. 8 Emeralds (make sure code for the no-reagents AA can rescue each emerald individually), half duration.

New Merciful Light cast time down to 3s base, and maybe tack on a protective effect à la Adrenaline. Spell in its current form is a "shabby" trap spell that just makes uninformed clerics be even worse than they should be. It needs substantial improvement to be better than casting "no spell at all"
    fransisco and Metanis like this.
  5. Pano Augur

I have dreams of this. Also prevent this from being MGB'd/TGB'd
  6. Brohg Augur

there's a version of targeting that can be TGB but not MGB, I think that'd be the right kind. same thing used for Enrichment & shm HoTs
  7. Metanis Bad Company

Make the DI target have to cough up the emmys, maybe they'll work harder to stay alive? Hahaha.

I don't think they'll ever concede to a group DI. Although from what I'm seeing in Drusella's vault it's like they've cancelled the effectiveness of DI anyway. DI fires, tank falls over anyway.
  8. Annastasya Augur

i haven't made it to the Drusella raid quite yet, but it wouldn't be the first event with debuffs or mechanics that nullify DI.
  9. Cloudia Augur

Remember DI or any of the procced invulnerability effects is negated by a running DoT. If the DoT is already killing you going invuln just means you can't heal thru it.
  10. Tucoh Augur

plz

I also wouldn't mind a new version of Mark of Shandral/Vicarum's Retort/Blood of the Vicarum that was more worth using. I don't know what that should be, possibly a targeted AE debuff with significantly higher numbers.