Cleric Spell: Sincere Acquittal = GroupCure+Hot doesn't land on Cleric

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Kumudil, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Kumudil Journeyman

[58725/4871] Sincere Acquittal Rk. II
    Classes: CLR/114
    Skill: Alteration
    Mana: 7889
    Target: Caster Group
    Range: 100', AE Range: 100'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 4s, Recast: 1.5s, Rest: 1.5s
    1: Cast: Sincere Elixir Rk. II (v374)
    2: Decrease Disease Counter by 34
    3: Decrease Poison Counter by 34
    4: Decrease Curse Counter by 25
    5: Decrease Corruption Counter by 17
    Book: Heals/Duration Heals

Til today I was under the assumption that spells with tag: "Target: Caster Group" shall hit all member of the group including myself. Easy test: cast it once and you see, the caster doesn't get the HoT "Sincere Elixir Rk. II".

Before creating an new thread at "Bugs" I would like to know if you feel: "working as intended", as the spell description is somewhat unclear to me.
  2. Clarisa Augur

I'm not experiencing this with either Sincere Acquittal or its upgrade, Devout Acquittal (119). I target myself with just me and merc in group and cast it and see "Hallowed Elixir" (the single-target elixir it should be casting) on me in the song window. I target someone outside group and cast it and see the same. I should note that I tested only the base level of Sincere Acquittal (not Rk. II specifically) and Devout Acquittal Rk. II.

What I have noticed is that the spell isn't group-targetable in the same way as Elixir of Benevolence, which can be cast on other groups by targeting someone in that group. The spell will always target the caster group regardless of what the caster has targeted, similar to our group heals. I don't know if that is by intent/design but right now, aside from the mana cost and the curing potential, it's the main difference between the two lines of group elixirs.
  3. Zipe The Healer

Hello,

I just went to Guild Lobby, hit Tranquil Blessing and then Acquittal.

I applied HoT to myself and everybody around me.
    And I guess that I cured them too, which is kinda nice.

Then I targeted a random guy and casted a lower level version of Acquittal. I got "did not take hold" message on me but not on the other guy. Also /inspectbuff on the other guy only did show the Acquittal I casted with Tranquil Blessing

So, you can't Target Group Buff it, but you can MGB/TB it.
    Totally looks unintended :p
    Annastasya likes this.