[Cleric] Spell Lineup Advice

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Kyreth, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Kyreth Elder

Ooh, yay! More replies! I love learning new things. Thanks for all the great insight. :)

Since my last post I have been experimenting with different setups and am still trying to figure out which one I feel most comfortable with. I'm learning that I have to do a lot more switching of spells for different events than I used to, which keeps things interesting. I have been using the Glorious Nuke a lot more and am getting more comfortable with switching targets back and forth to do so. It's definitely a noticeable help on the Shards raid so I can twinheal Splash after the AE. I'm also really liking the new Remedy and am using it pretty frequently, especially when I have to be healing and moving around, or just topping off secondary tanks.

Your explanations behind your use of different spells were great, Mykaylla, thank you, and I'm now running into the problem of also not having enough slots for all the spells I want to keep up. I'll definitely be talking to the tanks about blocking those buffs that overwrite Shining Armor, as well.

I see that a lot of you are still using Yaulp. I had taken it down because I always forgot to recast it and all I could think of was making an audio trigger that had my computer yelling "YAULP" at me whenever it wore off, but then that sounded annoying so I never did. How do you all remember to keep it up? I'm probably just too easily distracted..

I'm intrigued by the idea of multibinding spells and abilities - thanks Nylrem! I tried to bind Fifteenth Emblem and Remedy together, but apparently that doesn't work, unless I'm doing something wrong. I can see myself using it to bind Fraught/Fervent Renewal together as well as Virtuous/Elysian Intervention though, and I'm excited about that.

And..
  2. Gladare Augur

Binding the eleventh hour line doesn't work. Also, yaulp lasts a minute now with aa's so it's not so bad when using an audio trigger.
  3. Zachton Soulstriker Augur

Just glance over at your spell bar... you could make a hot key for the spell with a slow count down timer that will wear off just slightly before the buff does, so you could see the timer count down. But if you sit or something it might throw it off a bit. I just pay attention to my buffs... and if you happen to cast yaulp too often and realize it still had 20-30 seconds left on it.... oh well. You make the mana back and more in one tick any how.
  4. Nylrem Augur

I've had 0 issues with mana unless after a rez, but I use Glyph of Lost Secrets, a lot. I understand the use of yaulp though I just hate that the AA doesn't compare to the spell, and that the spell not only takes a gem but also has the global cooldown just like all spells, preventing a heal from being cast for that amount of time.

Many people block cleric promised because of mercs, this should only be cast by druids, IMO, and they should coordinate which one is going to be using on the MT.

I agree about current group elixer, it is insanely powerful and takes care of most AE by itself, MGBing it is even now more powerful than MGBing maxed celestial regen even.

Not going to debate remedy, if it's used well, it can be very effective, I just don't like that it can land for ~18k when not a crit, which seems extremely minimal vs todays raid mobs.

I feel the decision time, reaction time, and Innoruk forbid, especially mouse movement/click response time, if still using a mouse to click on gems/targets about deciding which heal to cast when is much more of a detriment than whether the target is going to get, say, elysian intervention or fraught renewal. There is very few times that I don't have either a renewal or an intervention available to cast, and the multibind has to "resort" to casting the slow cast and lower healing Light because they are all locked out.
  5. Mykaylla Augur

Yaulp from HoT onwards has only a 0.5 second fizzle time, not the standard 1.5 second global, with a 0.3 second cast time, FYI, so it's not greying you out for as long as other spells, FYI.
  6. Karhar Dream Crusher

The fact that its 103 mana regen standing while im casting spells is enough to remember for myself, I know a few of the clerics in my guild like to use mounts instead for some reason, but I like using stop cast vs ducking or wasting mana. When i get back into game i'll throw my line up and why i use what i use, even though i haven't changed it in years, i still can't remember it by heart.
  7. Karhar Dream Crusher

I've forced all my tanks to block the abilities that interfere with Shining armor. 10% no limit cap of hp vs their higher % with 2 hits. In the long run 9 minutes of 10% is better than their low limit whatever % it is, atleast my opinion.
  8. Mykaylla Augur

Yaulp is also to the point that, if you are not in full OOC regen, you will regen more using yaulp and standing, than you will sitting.
  9. Audigy Elder

Yaulp is more and more important in today's events as your always having to move. Mounts and sitting down will only slow you down, get you killed or someone else killed. I AT my yalp when it wears off as it's very short and frequent.

I find remedy best to top off quick hits or in support of a light.
    What I would like to see is our heals to be quicker and stronger to allow us to move around more and less standing as raids our continuing to make us do.

What I hate is the auras we have to keep up and maintain too frequent. Please extend the up time on both !
  10. Feezles New Member

Fantastic thread- very informative- Thanks to posters!
  11. Kyreth Elder

Definitely! The advice has really helped me get back on track. I'm even starting to feel somewhat competent again!

I thought since I seem to have settled in to a routine with my spell set that I'd go ahead and post my updated one now as well:

1 - Group Heal (with cure)
    2 - Fraught Renewal
    3 - Fervent Renewal (switch out for Zealous Light + VoA BP on long fights)
    4 - Fifteenth Catalyst
    5 - Graceful Remedy
    6 - Virtuous Intervention
    7 - Elysian Intervention
    8 - DI
    9 - Yaulp
    10 - Splash or Group Elixir
    11 - Shining Armor (switch for Symbol or Certitude as needed)
    12 - Glorious Rebuke or Issuance of Grace (depends on whether nuking is possible w/ range/LoS)

I've multibound the two Renewals together to cast on "3" and the two Interventions to cast on "6" so that I can still select which type of heal I want based on cast time/heal amount, but pay less attention to which particular one of each is refreshed.

Remedy has taken the place of Light in my line-up, and I have been loving it. I use it between each cast of Renewal or Intervention and it keeps everything spaced out so that I rarely have an issue with refresh timers (and on the rare occasions that I do, I usually have the Forceful Rejuvenation AA available to fix it). It seems to fit in well where another heal would be either too slow or too much on a tank, and is fast enough to rescue a non-tank when Arb and Epic are down. If it happens to land and the tank is still low, I'll follow it up with Burst of Life.

I made a little pinging audio trigger to help me remember to Yaulp, and now I'm usually recasting it before it wears off without thinking about it.

My last three spell slots usually remain pretty constant, but they do get switched around depending on the raid target. I just have to say that I am super excited for the Shadows of Fear release so that the upgraded Shining Armor will actually hold on the tanks for more than 3 seconds - yay! Of course.. then I'll have to figure out how that new Vie/Heal spell will fit in, as well..
  12. Candydare Elder

I just added the AT for Yaulp :) Now, if there was an AT for the auras, we would be set!