Cleric raid healing - to intervention, or not to intervention?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Nylrem, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Chaosflux Augur

150k? That was like max cleric burn the last time I raided (TBM/EOK) . I'd think its substantially higher now, much higher if there are any kind of swarm adds they can AE.

I'd love to see divine avatar and the current best 2hander with dmg augs.
  2. Chaosflux Augur

O and I should qualify that, the cleric who was throwing out burns like that wasnt even any good. So I'd assume a cleric with sham proc maybe a bard if they are lucky some key buffs, and even figuring melee only during Contra/GCD could throw up something far higher in today's game.

But that's highly situational and it wouldnt be an every raid type of scenario, but with high uptime on auspice cycling burns and using FR intelligently, I could see where with some luck they could do something reasonable.

Granted youd need ADD and good latency to pull off the constant toggle targeting, but there are tricks to that, though no matter what your heal throughput is affected. Now whether that matters in the victory loss scheme idk.

Or you could always be like Lluianne and just ignore healing and do dps, but that's probably going to piss off some of your raid mates lol
  3. Gundolin Augur

Interesting, what AE swarm adds should I be trying? I see the hammer but its dps is minimal and generally dies fairly quick. Other than that all I've tried are a few ceramics like butterfly and the little tRex. Any idea what they were using?
  4. Chaosflux Augur

I was talking calamity/silent edict lines when surrounded by a mass of adds. Or using the argin hiz AE pewpew hammer in conjunction with Divine Avatar.

Granted no idea of the circumstances are right in current raids for that, but in the past that was a viable strategy to put abunch of damage out in a short period of time.

Granted alot of the whole DPS whilst healing strategies are heavily reliant on latency because your toggle targeting does cost you throughput on heals. It's not something I'd do while progressing: at least to the point of replacing Remedies with Contras, that's more a luxury once farm is achieved.

I mean the ease with which a shaman can put up solid numbers and still heal is far higher than a cleric doing dps and healing. Mainly because your healing is directly linked to your dps (outside of divine avatar and attacking).

Though I'd still burn ITC, channeling the divine, as frequently as caution allows, just because, but it's not going to be uber meaningful in the grand scheme.
    Gundolin likes this.
  5. Drogba Augur

I remember during TDS (Or maybe it was early into TBM), Praetor vitio, our necro's kept him undead the entire fight, and sirene's cleric doing somewhere like 120-150k, which I thought was pretty neat for that era. 2 minute fight iirc. I'll never forget that, inspired me to learn to DPS on my cleric.

You want an event where your healing really isn't needed to fully indulge (considering you have the BP click that weakens your heals, self buff that i think does that as well).

I'm sure this is somewhat wonky however you choose to do it, though i don't get any time loss on something really easy, such as a boss tank and spank, where you are just healing the 1 target the entire time. I can mouse the targeting, and keyboard the casting (or vice versa), without suffering any kind of delay, playing from australia at 200ms. If it gets too much more complicated than that, needing to change to even more targets, and my healing is actually needed, i can start to risk making some human errors which could result in death/s, which fail to justify that method. It's the kind of thing i think about prior to each event, if i think i can get away with it, the conclusion i usually reach being 'better not risk it'.
  6. Chaosflux Augur

Yeh if you have necros that throw you bones with scorch bones, that really does open up abunch of options DPS wise, and any kind of undead fight I would go out of my way to DPS if it were me. If I thought a fellow healer could cover me (I'd send them a warning tell first obv) I'd do a full burn just because.

I am also willing to play very high risk, but I cant say I'd suggest others follow along and it is suboptimal from a healer standpoint and it's usually more to stave off boredom or to shame bad DPS/Knights that slack off.

Logistically speaking it is infinitely easier for a shaman to do dps and heal, or a druid. Since the OP brought up a shaman.

Can it be done? Sure
    Is it a play style the average cleric is accustomed to using and able to function purely off muscle memory, to minimize human reaction delay to an acceptable margin of error? Maybe like 1 cleric in 100 or 200 at best.
    Drogba likes this.