Cleric plus ???

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by bravoquest42, Sep 26, 2019.

1. bravoquest42 New Member

Hey guys, I have been having fun coming back and playing around with my Cleric who I've been soloing and I was thinking, whats a good combination with a Cleric for a box? The to obvious answer seems to be Warrior, however since I am fighting a lot of undead it seems that a Paladin might actually be a better answer despite the over lapping spells. Cleric doesn't seem to add much to other classes utility however so I am not seeing much beyond tanks, any other suggestions I might be missing?
  2. strongbus Augur

If sticking to tanks could go sk. more dps then a pally or war. and the sk can pull and snare the mobs for you.

for other class could go any of the 3 main pet classes and use the pet to tank though if this route i go mage or bst for stronger pets.
  3. Spellfire Augur

Welcome back.

Sk would be a good choice. If you don't have time/enthusiasm to build a real tank, go with a mage.
  4. Tucoh Augur

SK would be fine, but if I were you I'd go with a mage. I'd also consider adding a third character (another mag, enchanter or sk)
  5. Fluid Augur

A Ranger! Cleric would be a perfect fit for all the resurrections!<sic>

Jokes aside, Cleric is such a strong healer they can be paired with less then optimum tanks like a Ranger or Bard if the pseudo tank was equipped with top notch armor.
  6. code-zero Augur

Necro can work well with cleric
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I would recommend going with Enchanter, this nets you the ability to slow mobs, mana regen & crowd control/pulling abilities that are very strong, those two will work really well with a Merc Tank & Merc caster dps if those are unlocked on your server. If you can three box add a Magician to the CLR/ENC & you have a very powerful set up to support the Cleric.