[Cleric] New AA Suggestion List (post RoF launch)

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Crystilla, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Crystilla Augur

Now that Elidroth is setting up the class AA days, I wanted to create a post here for everyone to discuss suggestions. I combed the beta thread and the old forums and pulled over a number of the ideas as a starting point.

MODIFICATION AA REQUESTS
    1) Yaulp - please split this so paladin have their version and clerics have theirs.
    2) Beacon of Life - please take this off the timer with Burst of Life. Extend the reuse to 10 minutes/15 minutes. Allow Beacon of Life to be affected by anything that Burst of Life is.
    3) Repel the Wicked - the recast timer is extremely long and negates this being used as a crowd control option (which was the initial purpose of the request, to have a mini lesser version of chanter BDB, etc.). The key problem however is the push ability is so small that whatever mob you use this on is not pushed outside of range NOR are they rooted.
    4) Touch of the Divine AA - Please increase the amount of the regen. It only triggers when someone would be at zero health/about to die. The problem comes in that the player is still very low health when the ability wears off.

CONTINUATION OF EXISTING AA REQUESTS
    1) Additional ranks of Improved Burst of Life
    2) Additional ranks of Celestial Rapidity
    3) Additional ranks of Righteous Zeal
    4) Additional ranks of Hastened Mass Group Buff.
    5) Additional ranks of Hastened Divine Ressurection. Please bring this down enough (or offer enough ranks) so that it finally is usable twice a day for normal play (3-4 hour).
    6) Review Quiet Miracle to confirm if the 15k/15k is high enough given the boost in gear.

NEW AA REQUEST OPTIONS
    1) AA to extend the range on auras. Spirit Extension. 5 ranks. Passive AA. 20 range increase per rank.
    2) AA to extend the duration of battle frenzy. Extended Battle Frenzy. 1 rank. Passive AA. Extends Battle Frenzy by 6 seconds/1 tick per rank.
    3) AA to Hastened Dual Intervention. 3 ranks. Passive AA. Each rank reduces the recast timer (30 sec) of the intravention spell line by 2 seconds.
    4) AA to Hastened Dual Contravention. 3 ranks. Passive AA. Each rank reduces the recast timer (30 sec) of the contravention spell line by 2 seconds.
    5) AA to give the group a spell reflect AA. Similar to Providence spell or paladin Shield of Brilliance AA. Activated AA whicih grants a percentage change to reflect incomming spell or DOT damage.
    - COuld give shaman a dot reflect, druids/clerics a spell reflect.
    6) Mark of the righteous AA (AA version of the spell).
    7) Hastened First Spire of Divinity
    8 ) Hastened Second Spire of Divinity
    9) Hastened Third Spire of Divinity
    10) Influential Purify Soul - extends the range of purify soul
    11) Influential Group Purify Soul - extends the range of group purify soul
    12) Influential First Spire of Divinity - extends the range of first spire of divinity
    13) Influential Second Spire of Divinity - extends the range of second spire of divinity
    14) Influential Third Spire of Divinity - extends the range of third spire of divinity
    15) AA that works like Destructive Fury (to raise the damage on crits) but for healing instead.
    16) AA to potentially have a chance to avoid melee stuns
    17) AA which acts like the item faithstone which will port a priest to their home town.
    - This AA would be for all 3 priest classes.
    18) An undead snare or slow AA
    19) Viral undead dot
    20) Undead fear AA
    21) Fury of Hate - a targettable group buff which procs hate and damage
    22) Improved twinheal AA
    23) Ressurection Recovery AA. Gives a chance to proc a mana return buff on a newly rezzed player to help speed up mana gain.
    [XXXXX] Resurrection Recovery
    Target: Self
    Beneficial: Blockable
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 24s (4 ticks), Extend: No
    6: Increase Current Mana by 1500 per tick
    Text: You feel your mind recoverying from death.
    24) AA which spawns a pet which does a type of /shield on whoever you had on target when you cast the pet.
    25) Invis AA
  2. Belchere Lorekeeper

Ooh +1 for the Ressurection Recovery AA idea - I love it - it's not OP, it's not gamebreaking, but it's a fairly nice possibility for someone being rezzed.

Definitely agree with the Beacon of Life mods. As it stands now, there are only exceptionally rare events that would even make me THINK of using Beacon, and if I did think about it, I'd probably forget about it before I could locate the button. Giving it a super long cast time, but making it truly an "Oh No!" type usage is smrt.

One other extension that might be nice, is a 3 or 5 level extension to Shining armor, to add 15 to 30 sec per level. Nothing OP, just a nice extension is all, even 2 extra ticks per level would make it something I would buy after the "must haves".

I have to admit, I have not tried the level 96 vow yet, but I know last expansion's vow seemed a little underpowered. Give this something that maybe could increase the heal amount, so that if no group is found, we could at least solo?

For raid clerics, would there be any interest in an AA along the lines of a 1 (or 3) hit mark, but doing fairly large dmg (say 6-10k dmg, 2-4k heal)? I could think of a couple cases where that could be nice, given it could be put on before aggro, thus be totally aggro free to the healer. Druids get a similar DS, is where I stole that idea.

Also maybe revist our Turn Undead AA, it's been a long time since this has seen any love, and a 36k crit just isn't what it used to be...
  3. Mykaylla Augur

The biggest thing I would like to see with Yaulp, if you want to make the AA viable, is something like this. A simple quest that you get to turn in your spell yaulp of whatever rank, it gives you it back, and a book that lets you scribe an AA version, eating up the requisite number of AAs. The AA yaulp is insufficient for EITHER class- paladins bleed mana, and don't have as much mana regen on their self-shielding- it was just changed because people got offended. The only reason paladins use it now, is that they have nothing else, so they might as well.
  4. Ardin Elder

Turn Undead - this spell is "tickle undead" atm... it should do far more dmg, or/and have shorter recast.
    Yaulp - yes it is a great idea.
    Because we didn't get new shining stuff - make AA that gives us more healing from this and stun higher level mobs.
  5. Eandolf Elder

17) AA which acts like the item faithstone which will port a priest to their home town.

I guess I'm not sure how different this is from origin? If it is merely another origin on a separate timer, I barely use origin as is and cannot see the benefit here.
  6. Gannen Elder

before everyone got origin for free, people would do this...

Bind out where they was at, then click the faithstone to port them to town, sell/bank/ect... then gate back... it has a better reuse timer than origin... a 30 second cast time, but i do think a lot quicker on the recast timing... it made a nice way to have quick access to a town...
  7. Eandolf Elder

Still really not seeing the benefit. Perhaps before when we only had gate, but with origin, throne of heroes, summon agent, summon aug peddler, summon banker, etc, just seems like we ought to be asking for something new, not a new version of several abilities we already have.
  8. Crystilla Augur

Yeah, reading that list, I'm betting that one was from before the origin change to 18 minutes. So I wouldn't dwell on that one.
  9. Gannen Elder

the spirit stones and faith stones have been in the game quite a few years... before summon augment peddler, before summon banker, before origin was given to everyone 5+... sure, something new would be nice on some points... it's a balancing act... every class wants something new... just gotta not overload one to another without giving something else to the one being made less unique...
  10. Kyreth Elder

Could this be extended to also give endurance regen, so that tanks/melee would benefit as well?
  11. Zachton Soulstriker Augur

I still like my guardian pet idea. A shield that literally /shields people. Mini warrior pet with just the defensive ability to absorb some of the damage that hits other people. Buys us a little time to get the heal off if needed.
  12. Mykaylla Augur

I brought it up! The answer at this time was no, though. :/
  13. Tunks Journeyman

My suggestion:

An AA with 10 ranks.

Rank 1: Each time a spell is interrupted you gain a buff making your next spell 10% less likely to be interrupted. At rank 1 this buff only stacks to 1. Buff is consumed on successful spell cast.
    Rank 2: Buff stacks twice
    Rank 3: Buff stacks 3 times
    Rank 10: Buff stacks 10 times.

How it would work: Each time you're interrupted you are increasingly less likely to be interrupted on the next cast. After being interrupted 10 times (with this AA at max rank) your next cast is not able to be interrupted.

Alternative:

Rank 1: Each time a spell is interrupted you gain a buff reducing the cast speed of your next spell by 10% At rank 1 this buff only stacks to 1. Buff is consumed on successful spell cast.
    Rank 2: Stacks twice.
    Rank 3: Stacks 3 times.
    Rank 10: Stacks 10 times, causing your next cast to be instant.

Both serve the same purpose. If you are getting interrupted over and over, you get harder and harder to interrupt - eventually guaranteeing you will be able to get a spell off (at least 1 in 10).
  14. Mykaylla Augur

Only problem with this one is, spells cannot haste beyond 50%, at all. It's a hard code limit.