Cleric Merc - blocking buffs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Droctrebor, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Droctrebor Journeyman

Hello all, quick question. What spells should I be blocking from a level 91 T5 Cleric merc ?

Thank you for any answers.

Regards,
    Droc
  2. Sarkaukar Augur

No real issues with the AI, I would say only Complete Heal (I do not remember if it that level cleric still uses it). What I would do though is drop any familiars /pet leave. You still keep the buff but the cleric will not be trying to heal it.

The 18sec buff heal is still good and it crits based on the the crit AA on the toon itself and not the cleric.
  3. Mykaylla Augur

It depends on your class and who is in the group.

If you are also grouped with a real cleric, block Rallied Rampart of Vie and Rampart of Vie- they will overwrite and block Shining Rampart, which is a superior buff (on a shorter duration, so must be maintained).

Blocking CH is always a good idea nowadays. It's just too slow for too little return, on characters in the 80s on up.

If you play a class that does not get heal AAs, block Promised Resurgence, particularly if you find yourself using "efficient" or "balanced" stances a lot, as sometimes they won't supplemental heal enough with a Promise ticking down, and it won't hit for as much as it could, because as Sarkaukar said, it goes off *your* healing AAs, not the merc (which has none anyway).
    Don't forget to unblock it if you group with a real cleric, since they can make better decisions about frontloading heals pro-actively.

If you are *not* tagged as the group tank, but take a fair amount of damage, consider blocking Earnest Elixir. Mercs can have a tendency to use Promise or Elixir (heal over time) to heal people other than the MT, even if they're at the low health aggro stage. A HoT at 8% health means six seconds of the mob in grip of death aggro on you if you don't have fade up (not all classes fade equally), and even if you do, if something AEs, you're toast. I usually block Promise and Elixir on my enchanter toons, as they have zero healing AAs, and frequently take hits as part of the job- even compulsory runing (I love runes) doesn't always help when you have enough things going on at once, or a badly timed stun (you being stunned, not the mob).
    As above, don't forget to unblock it if you group with a real cleric.

If you are yourself or habitually group with a druid, you can also consider blocking Reliance/Hand of Reliance temporarily. Usually, though, people just temporarily put the merc on passive to let druids buff without conflict, since a merc won't buff during combat anyway.