Cleric Merc being summoned alot more after patch

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Inagaki, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Inagaki Elder

After patch, my lvl 103 Cleric Merc keeps being summoned in situations where she was never summoned before. I assume it is due to the AE heal hate override change. So I check all the spells the Merc is casting to see which one generates extra hate. Found Reforming Splash Rk.II and blocked it on me and pet.

Merc continues to be summoned by simple heals like Ardent Light Rk.II and Spiritual Remedy Rk.II. where she was never summoned before patch.

Situation - Mage lvl 101 Air Pet tanking two light blues. lvl 103 Cleric Merc with maxed Subtle Magic AA on Balanced Stance. Cleric Merc casts Ardent Light Rk.II or Spiritual Remedy Rk.II on pet. The light blue that is not being attacked by pet at the time will summon Merc. Before patch, this never happens on these same mobs even when Merc is on Reactive Stance.

Is any mage seeing this after patch? I am suspecting that the AE heal spell nerf is erroneously affecting normal heal spells and is amplified by a "merc + pet on 2+ mobs" situation. I have already reported this on the Live Bug thread but want to see if there are other similar experiences out there.
  2. Conq Augur

Merc's are the Devil.
  3. Petalonyx Augur

Similar situation. Same observation.

After last patch my cleric merc steals aggro from mage pet.
    Specifically the 101 air pet in gribble HA, but prob everywhere on any pet. It happens on adds that arent the main target of the pet and that don't have much hate. This did not happen before patch (mercs could heal forever or a lot longer at least and the non-primary mobs hitting air pet would not jump the heal merc.).

Possibly intended? I cant say whether it's related to new heal agro or new merc AI /spell priorities. I believe something in the last patch changed the merc agro or pet healing agro.
  4. McDougal Augur

I've noticed that too. I seldom use a cleric merc but when I do lately it steals agro all the time if you have multiple targets.
  5. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

This just happened to me a few minutes ago. I'm in HS moloing and the next pull I'm getting 2. I send the pet in, get aggro and hit regroup, pet comes back and the fight is on. After a few seconds the add goes for the merc, I was ready for this so I saved the merc, but since the last patch, this happens all the time now. Not game breaking but annoying.
  6. IblisTheMage Augur

Guess it is not intended, so maybe bugreport it?
  7. Inagaki Elder

I have /bug it in game. But it needs more people to /bug it before the devs will know it is not an isolated situation. Everyone who is seeing this situation, please /bug it.

Devs should understand that a merc who is performing both tank and cleric function is good for PLing at low levels and therefore this change should not be an intended one.
  8. kizant Augur

I'm pretty sure they don't even check /bug anymore.
  9. Inagaki Elder

But DBG's support page just leads you to a third party website for bug reports. So apart from the Live Bug thread on this forum, what is the best way to report a bug now? I am really wary of reporting on a third party site.
  10. kizant Augur

The live bug thread on here and their issue tracker. I don't think they ask for much to make an account because an email address:
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa
  11. McDougal Augur

Noticed that even WITHOUT a merc on my necro if my pet has an add and i heal with cascading deathshield the add will will aggro me. This is a pretty serious bug and must have something to do with heals being changed. Needs to be fixed.
  12. Sancus Augur

I wouldn't be surprised if this was intended. Healing pets historically hasn't generated more than 1 (ish) point of aggro. It seems entirely possible that now those heals are generating as much aggro as they would if used on a player, which is effectively a significant increase in healer merc aggro generation. I haven't tested it to check (I will try to soon (tm)), but that would be my hypothesis.

Assuming that was the change, that's all well and good except that pet aggro generation is absolutely abysmal, especially with more than one mob. They really need some sort of passive AE hate generation. Not anything large, but enough that your healer merc isn't getting chain summoned if you have more than one mob.
  13. McDougal Augur

This is a major change though. I've never got aggro from adds on pet with no dots on them. In fact I used to send my swarm pets on the adds all the time and a couple low level dots. Now as soon as I do Cascading Deathshield the add makes a beeline for me. Even with swarm pets on it. Can't believe this is intended and not mentioned at least,it would be a major nerf.
  14. Conq Augur

Ahh, the good ole days of aggro management!
    Conq
  15. Inagaki Elder

It's not only happening when merc is healing pet.

I set myself as puller. Pet on guard next to merc. I tag pull with no damage done to mobs. Send pet in halfway before I get back to camp. Merc heals me when I got back to camp. Merc gets summoned. i.e. air pet is on mobs when merc casts her first heal of the fight on me and me + merc is quite a distance away from pet + mobs.

Experiment with this on a pull of about 4-6 green con mobs. Something from HoT or VoA if you're lvl 110. I can confirm that the same exact pull never got merc aggroed before patch.
  16. Inagaki Elder

It's a nerf to killing dark blues and above. But exploitable for killing light blues and below. Devs should realize this. And therefore I do not believe it is intended.
  17. Millianna Augur

This isn’t just a merc issue... My shaman stealing agro with direct heals. I can’t even pull mob off with SK.
  18. Inagaki Elder

Were you direct healing pet or SK? ... I want to see more proof that the problem is with heal spells and not with healing pets.
  19. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

Aggro still seems to a little bit of a problem concerning the merc so this is how I handle it now. When moloing if I get 2. I have the pet attack both mobs, this tends to stop them from attacking my merc.

Another thing which seems to be happening more is I seem to be generating more aggro of late. I have mobs attacking me more often then in the past. I switched out from my Jeweled Sarnak Focus of the Elemental Deathseeker setup to my Guardian of Lost Hopes setup. For those who don't know Guardian of Lost Hopes is a shield with the proc Sympathetic Reassuring Strike VI. Which reduces your targets hatred towards you. It's almost like having Arcane Whisper on the mob permanently. Of course I didn't get aggro with that. I switched back to the Jeweled Sarnak again and didn't have a problem. I suspect it was just a big blast or 2 with twincast activated. Most likely this was nothing. But we shall see.