Cleric 'max' raid healing

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Nylrem, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Nylrem Augur

My math stinks, Reckless, Frigid, Surge chain is 16.1s total.

So, using that setup, in 100s you can cast 25 Mending

OR

19 Reckless (6 of which will be twincasted), 6 Frigid (adding some minor DPS), and 6 Surge (all of which are twincasted)

which is still 25 heals landing on a single target, but it does have the benefit of bigger heals, plus DPS, plus twincasted AE heals.

OR

You could do a straight Reckless x 3 > Mending (14s cycle) for 28 or 29 single target heals landing every 100s on a single target.

I would guess, most raids, the added DPS and AE heals would be the most benefit.

Honestly, though, as I said earlier, if there is enough clerics in the raid that are max healing, the other 2 priest classes should be DPSing as much as possible :)
  2. Tour Augur

Excellent write up and nice review.
    Cutting and pasting a few other select points to drive home:

3. Tour Augur

4. Tour Augur

5. Tour Augur

Forgot to add, Issuance of Grace, placed en masse, and then followed up with a Forceful Rejuvenation and replanting a second shield, in conjunction with a MGB CR (followed with a second one after it fades) makes for a lot of easy passive raid wide healing. Used during the most critical portion of a raid it becomes extremely useful.

6 clerics, for example, can give the raid a 38,503 hp heal over time per tick for 2 minutes ([2,615 hp per shield x 2 shields per cleric x 6 clerics] + 7,123 HoT). Used at critical moments, like just before the serious adds spawn when the named is at < 25% in ToR, having everyone in raid getting healed every tick for that large amount, plus your active healing, makes things a lot easier. Lot of events have those sort of make or break moments that can be quick, and an essentially 38K HoT is a nice thing to have in your raid's toolbox.
    Flutegirl likes this.
  6. Adaire Lorekeeper

This is such a fantastic topic and thread! It's exactly the well written proof I've tried (and failed almost completely) to get two separate mid tier guilds to implement (Hellfire club and Fuworld order). It's probably the biggest reason I'm not playing much at all anymore. Healers just suck in this game. No effort or understanding that this is the best way to heal even when shown proof.

Hell I remember years ago now when Myk 1st showed me the beginnings of this kind of healing right after I had main changed to my cleric when I was in Triton. I think I've probably made 100 posts here and in multiple other guilds sites and here with this basic idea at the premise. So many crappy clerics out there just sit down at a raid and hit 2 buttons all night and watch their tanks die and die and die. I think this is one if the major differences between a truly top tier heal team and an average one.

Bravo folks for finally getting this well written and thought out superior healing method out there in such a succinct manner!

*goes back to house hunting*
    Iila likes this.
  7. Warben New Member

I don't think I've ever doubted your ability to play Adaire, just your lack of tact in delivering a very skillful message to folks in game and now on this forum is pretty comical. Keep it at the level it's supposed to be, a tool for everyone in game to learn from, not a mud slinging event.

Also, for anyone to really give your approach a real thought, you should probably stick around longer than 2 months before saying someone isn't willing to change.
    Grelthur likes this.
  8. Casidia Augur

The problem is that most healers take healing personal, by telling them what they could do better they feel like you break into their inner sanctum or something.
    The whole "it could be presented better" is basically just an excuse for that, or maybe it's just slack but yeah i can totally imagine why almost all people fail to bring the max healing thingy to others.
    Save yourself time and grey hairs.
    Tour likes this.
  9. Adaire Lorekeeper

Wait, what?

Is this from the person I think it is? Send me a text or call or idk don't do It this way if you got a problem... What a backstabbing comment if this from who I think it is?

For what it's worth I was in no way shape or form trying to do whatever it is you think I was trying to do with my response. I was simply trying to congratulate someone on doing something I could not do and commenting on how I've tried to do something similar(and very much openly saying I had failed at it) but my main point was how awesome this thread was...
  10. Tour Augur

In addition to the individual instruction and pointers mentioned throughout this thread it is also worth nothing that the culture of the guild, and controlling the application process of new members can go a long way.

Quality control of new members and letting your standards and expectations known are very important to maintaining a strong heal team. Healer, especially cleric, applicants are told that during their 30 day they will have theirs casts logged and we will get feedback from other healers, raid leaders, group members, every raid. They will be under more scrutiny than any other class, but also the most assistance if needed.They certainly don't need to be the best on the team, but they need to be not blown out of the water performance wise and the raid leaders need to feel comfortable that they can place them in any role. Multibind heal rotations, high heal output, cures used when applicable, heal discs and AA's used consistently, good survivability on raids, follow emotes or class based event mechanics, working well and coordinating with the rest of the team, follows rotations or calls for buffs / rezs / swaps / adjustments as needed, solid communication in channel and Vent. Sometimes this doesn't work and we have to deny applicants, but it keeps the quality of the team high. And sometimes it does work and we have applicants that need some help, we let them know what we expect, and we give them as much hands on help as needed, and they do amazing after. And that is very rewarding to see.
  11. Crystilla Augur

12. Tour Augur

It is okay with me. But note that what I copied was not my full write up, just a few parts of it.
  13. gnomeboss Augur

i think (and i'm just one gnome talking here) that some clerics are resistant to change because they've been light spam slaves for so long. as a newbie raid cle, tour provided me the multibind plan and it instantly made me a raid healboss. other guild cle asked how i was so awesome and after i said, 'i'm a gnome' then i coughed up the details of the power of multibind. but, not all of them tried it. a lot still just stuck with light, despite the heal parse and cast counts and tank love to show that maybe they could adapt their ways. i think that's telling. some people dislike change.
  14. Crystilla Augur

Yeah, it's why you often has stars and average folks in those middle tier guilds as well. Folks who are in those are generally not the "min/max push yourself to the limit" types. So you can see it with any class when someone tells them to change their game play. It makes someone very defensive and you can often get the response 'I'm doing the best I can' or 'if this isn't good enough, too bad' or "if we're already winning events, why bother trying to change' and so on.
  15. Nylrem Augur

Absolutely you can repost anything I wrote anywhere you like. Also, I have begun using some of Tour's advice as well, he/she makes some extremely valid points.
  16. Nylrem Augur

17. Nylrem Augur

For now, I've started spacing out my activated AA. When possible, I start them when the MT's Last Stand fades.

I start with Celestial Rapidity, then when that fades, click BP (trigger when Rapidity fades: "The light fades").

Note: I LOVE Rapidity. It turns Graceful's to .3s cast time, Interventions to .8s cast time, and F_ Renewals to 1.5s and it lasts a good bit. I am going to have to disagree with Tour on this one, I personally think it's super powerful.

After BP clicks consumed (Trigger when consumed: "The silvery light fades away") I hit Flurry of Life

After Flurry fades (Trigger when fade: "The glow begins to fade") I hit Channeling the Divine

After Channeling fades (Trigger when fade: "The price of divinity is paid" then I hit Healing Frenzy

Healing Frenzy trigger when fades is: "The blessed healing fades"

Spacing them out this way, total, that gives almost 5 minutes of some kind of oomph to our heals. Almost long enough to last til the warrior's Last Stand is reset.

I'm still experimenting with the order I want to hit those AA in. Rapidity/BP reset the fastest, Healing Frenzy consumes the most mana.

Then I'll often hit Forceful Rejuv, if I'm at a point in the weave where I'm casting the slower casting F_ Renewal spells. That allows for Ward to be recast and start the weave over, casting the faster Interventions rather than the slower F_ Renewals.
  18. Casidia Augur

Def. agree with you there, i love Rapidity and i often keep it for the real oh moments.
    Then i combine it with something else thou to also increase the heal power which can result in a bit less heals needed because it also puts the good ones cept Remedy on cooldown fast.
    It also speeds up group heals which makes them more attractive if 2 tanks or so take dmg in your group.

I usually keep forc. rejuv. for IoG or if i really need another DI fast but that can be covered by other Clrs.
  19. Brohg Augur

An alternate perspective: your five minutes of boosting could be bridging the gap between Last Stand fade & reuse. This would be treating their disc as one of the sequential boosts to your healing.
  20. Coruth Augur

One issue that makes threads like this is that there is a difference between HPS (Healing Per Second), Heal Totals, Damage Spikes, and Multibinds.

What kills tank is often a Damage Spike Lining Up with a Healing Lull. When your using a Multibind your landing a heal on variety of casts. The problem becomes when those multibinds line up and leave a gap in coverage. Or when multiple healers stop direct spamming to Splash/Group Heal/Off Tank heal at same time.

On the other hand, a non-stop casting of one of the base spells Sanvida, Light, Mending will land every 2.3 seconds. I've watched Druids top a healing parse with nothing but sanvida, even when the Cast total power of a Cleric on same target is far higher. But if those cleric heals are landing on spikey time basis its quite possible for a lot of them to land on a 100% Warrior and actually heal zero.

In theory, if you were careful, I suspect 3 box healers would take 1-2-3 on a tanks heal parse using nothing but thier base heal. Just making sure that those 3 boxes were split up among that 2.3 second cast such that a heal was guaranteed to land every second.

Heck, that was the premise of old-school Complete Heal Chains. We all used to count and make a channel to split up those 10 second casts. Such that a CH landed and kept the tank alive every 1-2 seconds

I would love to see a way for the game to measure Overhealing. Because Heal Parses only measure actual healing, spikes and luck really make a difference.

I am curious what people's ideal heal/tank groups are.