cleric guide

Discussion in 'Priests' started by krichton, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Gundolin Augur

- Latent Ether almost head to toe.
    Only three pieces of raid gear total.

All no but its a three day weekend, thanks.

Between the two lists I at least know more of what to look for thanks guys.
  2. Roxxanna Augur

Get a Fused Coral Scepter (Bazaar), Tomb of Manipulation (camp named, might need help),Emerald Loop of Salvation (there are better, but this is easily attainable if your raiding with us on Saturdays) and eat Glyphs like candy.

That's in addition to all your aug slots filled.
    Gundolin likes this.
  3. Clarisa Augur

I cast it as fast as it cycles most of the time (otherwise I really wouldn't need all three renewals or both interventions, since they'd be up more often with a longer delay in between casts). You can be selective, though. If there's 5+ healers on a target, for instance, those larger heals probably won't be as effective since they have a reduced chance to land. In those cases, the Remedy 1 --> Remedy 2 cycle with the small gap in between will probably be enough. If you're assigned to the tank though (in which case you should be using a cycle with a higher output since the raid is counting on you to cover gaps), or there aren't as many healers on your target, the larger heals will be more necessary.

I'd also really recommend using Interventions unless you're deathly afraid of them or the event or your role doesn't allow it. Not only do they use less mana than renewals, but they're faster (and have a fixed 1.5 cast time so lack of raid spell haste doesn't matter).

I don't think there's much you can do to increase mana regen besides using a raid ring with Knowledge of the Past (the raid rings have a higher version of the click effect than the group rings), making sure you're caught up with all our AA lines that grant mana regen (or a good amount of them at least -- they become less significant the closer to maxing them you get), and using the spell version of Yaulp. Using the Surety + Armor of the Reverent/Ardent combo (our self-shielding line) instead of Skin + Symbol + AC will help as well since you'll get more mana regen from the former than the latter (but lose some HP in the process). I think there's also an LoN familiar, but I don't think it provides enough to be worth the cost.

The gear the others mentioned (a primary with the Sympathetic Invigorating Burst effect with the Helping Hand aug inserted) will definitely help, as it'll give you a high chance to proc a mana return on every healing spell cast. The small amount of mana returned on each proc becomes significant when you're casting a lot of healing spells. A Sacred Prayer Shawl with the Brell's Restoration effect will help as well but not as much as it used to since they changed the instant proc to a duration effect.

Other than that, you just need to improve your general gear (type doesn't really matter as long as it's semi-current raid quality) and make sure your augs are somewhat current. Increasing your mana pool and using glyphs though will only extend the time until you run OOM. If your raid/guild is lacking in DPS and event durations exceed your time until OOM even when you get raid-geared, you may have to adjust your healing strategy accordingly.
    Borias, Iila and Gundolin like this.
  4. Lianeb Augur

For a Cleric without this it is by far the greatest mana preservation you can get. I want to say that i read somewhere that with a 50k mana pool the aug breaks down to close to 1k5 mana over the course of a full mana bar. So it would be be worth more with a higher mana pool.
  5. Ravengloome Augur

Its value is based on total mana and mana regen if you want to look at it like that.

Although a Raid ring is better mana pres overall compared to a group ring.
    Iila likes this.
  6. Iila Augur

How about a real world, best case scenario for a specialize alteration aug?

Our first Tower of Rot kill, 1600 seconds, all non-specialize mana preservation is disabled.

Illa - 329
    --- Adrenaline Rush Rk. III - 52 [2448 * 52 = 127296]
    --- Lunassuage Rk. III - 28 [2432 *28 = 68096]
    --- Sterivida Rk. III - 110 [1045 * 110 = 114950]
    --- Survival of the Fortuitous Rk. III - 2 [2156 * 2 = 4312]
    --- Vivification Rk. III - 79 [1899 * 79 = 150021]
    --- Frosthowl Breath Rk. III - 5 [733 * 5 = 3665]
    --- Lustrous Frost Rk. III - 5 [627 * 5 = 3135]

471,475 mana spent on alteration spells. My abandoned Magelo looks like all CoFT T1 gear, so lets say my mana pool matched that, 102k mana.
    Alteration is my main specialization, so with the CotF aug, I'm saving 17% off all those casts, or 80,150 mana. The 2.25% of reduction from the aug alone was 10,608 mana.

Over the course of the same fight, I had 84 shawl procs, and 86 alleviating burst procs. The shawl returned about 15,750 mana, and the alleviating burst VI weapon returned 11,008 mana. (I'm calculating the shawl as half of the procs losing a pulse of regen, which looks close enough to the timestamps on procs.)

In the situations where you're actually running yourself dry on mana, the specialize augs are worth a lot more than 2.25% of your mana pool.

I ran similar math on the spec evoc aug with 40 minutes of soloing, and it was worth about 12k mana over that session. The longer you draw out your time between OOC breaks, the more all these preservation items are worth.
  7. Tour Augur

While it may not be huge, using divine avatar (or yaulp, though haven't tested it specifically, but would obviously expect it to as it also has a proc modifier, though lesser) will increase the proc rate on the sympathetics from mid 20's percent to mid 50's percent. (not shown: math, stats, assumes max combat effects, will vary by spell choice / proc / item proc is on, etc. Available if you're really curious. p < 0.0001). Avatar is also nice in that it lasts fairly generous amount of time and cool down isn't too bad either. 3 minutes of about double proc rate adds up. Once mana issues are, well, no longer an issue for you, you can combine the "siren's mace" and "ancient opal spellcharm" aug and the likelihood of procing at least one small group heal every time you cast a direct heal is ~47%. With avatar it's up to 81%. The heal, like the mana return, may not be much. But it adds up and it's not like it is any extra effort or cost (stat loss aside, if normally using raid weapons). If you have two proc effects for mana return, number should be about that same as well, caveats as mentioned above.
  8. Ravengloome Augur

If your going to use Divine Avatar, get a Crystal Web Mace.
  9. Tour Augur

I guess you could use that too, though it's a combat proc not a casting one which is going to severely limit its usefulness. Least with the sympathetic procs you're getting mana back for heals you're casting as is already.
  10. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

I tried this out last night but didn't see any difference between using Divine Avatar or not:
    Code:
      Test    # Casts        Proc          # Procs  Proc Rate
    --------  -------  ------------------  -------  ---------
    Unbuffed    2106    Alleviating Burst      527        25%
                        Hand of Soothing      506        24%
                        Brell's Divination    427        20%

Buffed      26460  Alleviating Burst      6619      25%
                        Hand of Soothing      6608      25%
                        Brell's Divination    5241      20%

edit: Casting 2x Remedy, using Hive Nurse's Corrector + Helping Hand aug + INT caster shawl aug
    Iila likes this.
  11. Ravengloome Augur

Proc Rate mods only affect Weapon procs, atleast that was what I had always found. I was surprised when i saw people saying they affected Spell procs. Guess they were wrong.
  12. Tour Augur

Having some difficult reproducing my results. Guess I either got just oddly lucky with RNG despite having a decent N, or maybe just a data collection error or math error on my part. Maybe some other variable change I didn't account for. Thanks for the additional data to clear that up.
  13. LS_Xegony_Dru Elder

There are some potions some potions that might be useful:
    - Essence Tincture, which 1: Increase Hitpoints by 3500 to 3500 (random), 2: Increase Mana by 1000 to 3500 (random) and 3: Increase Endurance by 1000 to 3500 (random)
    - Distilled Mana Tonic, which reduces the mana cost of spells
    - If Essence Tincture is on cool-down, I use Alliance Elixir, which grants mana, health and endurance regen
    - Arx Mentis Medicine, which 1: Increase Hitpoints by 4000 to 4000 (random), 2: Increase Mana by 1250 to 3750 (random) and 3: Increase Endurance by 1250 to 3750 (random)
  14. Gundolin Augur

Any advise on how to avoid the mana drains on Argin-Hiz Burnout? :)
  15. moogs Augur

Max out your resists. But also, there's kind of a sweet spot to stand in. Don't stay in the corner or you will get hit. I stand along the wall, halfway between where the mob is tanked and the corner of the room. Maybe 60 in-game units down the wall or 10 meters in what would be real life. I never get hit with it.
    Gundolin likes this.
  16. Makavien Augur

If the raid has someone that is not priority dps that can stand inside the center area and also tell the raid when the beam is targeting that direction. Then the whole corner of people can move and avoid getting hit by the mana/endurance drain. Most raids ignore this mechanic sadly.
    Gundolin likes this.
  17. Gundolin Augur

Here's another even dumber question but is there a listing of what I can MGB? Are any Group Heals MGB or Celestial heal MGB? I know I can experiment and find out but I never remember to test when I'm in the GH.
  18. Crystilla Augur

If the OP is referring to the mechanic that runs through the beginning/middle of the raid as mentioned in the quote above, we use two campfires, one at the southern and one at the northern edge of the corner that we set up in. Someone, like Makavien mentions, calls out the command to "RUN TO NORTH CAMPFIRE" or "RUN TO SOUTH CAMPFIRE" so players avoid that beam.

If you're talking about what takes place when the High Keepers are active, I've never found a spot myself there.