Cleric DPS Help

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Gundolin, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Gundolin Augur

I did a fast pulling DH/HA last night. Not record speed but decent it took about 30 minutes to run three gribbles (~10 minutes each). My personal DPS was running at just under 4K per mission with most of my damage coming from Contravention and Intravention heals. (Ardent Contravention and Mystical Intravention are Rank III, also cycling in while both Virtuous spells are Rank II). I also though in an occasional Smite and a few casts of Glorious Judgement, I tried casting Turn Undead but by the time it was through casting I was only getting maybe a tick before the mob died so gave it up.

So my overall question is how high are you getting your DPS up to over a say 10 minute fight? Anyone able to parse their melee DPS and if so are you getting significantly more damage from switching in your summoned hammer?

In the greater scheme of the game its not really important, my job was to make sure no one died even the 91st level wizard, but it was kind of embarrassing that my DPS was usually on par with said 91st level toon. And besides people aren't posting enough so I get bored.
  2. Brohg Augur

On the nuke side, you're not prioritizing Glorious enough, sounds like. Glorious doubles the damage of Intervention. Use top 3 each of Intra & Contra. Glorious+Intra1Intra2Contra1, Glorious+Intra3Contra2Contra3.

Hammer of Reverence dps is significantly higher damage than any looted 1h. Yaulp AA full time to boost proc rate. I don't have a damage symp 2h; in the fullness of time I'm going to aug up a Staff of the Earthcrafter with Ancient Diamond Spellcharm & Boneshards of Frozen Marrow to test. I'd be pleasantly surprised if it's better.

Divine Avatar on cooldown.

You can pretty easily triple+ that 4k, and then ~double up again vs undead, when you bring it all together.

Oh. If you don't have a crafted bracer with Magus focus, get one of those. Class armor damage focuses (hat is magic type & wrist is chromo type) don't boost Intra nukes (which are prismatic type), but Magus focus (weaker but all types) does.
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  3. Gundolin Augur

I have definately not been prioritizing Glorious, I'd just cast it as an after thought often immediately following Contra. / sigh. Thanks

I also haven't trade skilled enough to make crafted - I guess I know even more things I need to be working on.
  4. Roxxanna Augur

Battle Frenzy, and your bp clickie from CoTF are your friend. BF right before you smite, then quick stun right after.

I have been able to maintain 25k dps in DH runs (solo), but that was full offense with hammer, and every trick in the book.
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  5. Brohg Augur

Justice is pretty bad.
    You're not using the Glorious procs at all with this order.

Glorious proc hasn't blown ITC for months