Cleric AE Rez....

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Audigy, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Audigy Elder

Ok.. yeah we got AE Rez, how long we asked for this ?

Now is it useful? for me No.

Last night as my guild wiped on a raid I would wait for the all clear reset and be one the first persons back in zone to start recovery. I have my neat little spell loaded and I find out I have close to 5 minutes to wait till I could use. So what do I do I rez 2-3 other clerics and in 2-3 minutes were up and buffing etc. only now am I clear and ready to use my spell.

/bag

can we get fixed invis now ?
  2. Cindari New Member

I've used it last night too and I'm not impress with it at all. You can only use it in a Raid instance!!! We've summoned to guild lobby and casted it there over the corpses to find out it doesn't work. That's using the 56 fellow Rez the superior.

They other thing also is the AE range of it is too small. I mean when the event reset and all the corpses are auto summoned in a pile, even standing in the middle of them and having 1 corpses targeted wont even Rez all of them.

So decided to pull all the corpses to my feet but there's a limit on how many you can bring before it toggle in the pile, maybe 15 to 20 corpses. Casted the long cast time of 15secs to get half the pile Rez?

At one point we tried 4 Clerics over our raid reset corpses, casted the spell and still got corpses left with no Rez.

I figured the spell will Rez maybe a max of 15 toons per cast. Takes about 45 secs for the whole process to recast it again for the left overs. Ended up by just single Rez them like before.

Please have look at this for us Clerics. Thank you.
  3. Mykaylla Augur

It's not the range, which is Target: Caster PB, Range: 200', AE Range: 100'. There is a bug. There's honestly probably more than one.

Both the devs and QA are aware of it, it's been reported. The problem is, it is hard to repeat the same results every time.
    On the first day of Heart of Fear, I did some testing in the lobby, because people were having issues with it, and I tried to nail down exactly what it is in the latest version that's causing so many problems. I tried casting with no target, a corpse for target, a player for target, multiple times, in different areas. A very helpful 62 rogue who was hanging out in PoK and had a corpse helped me with it also. It worked for one person (who sent me a tell saying thanks, they'd get rezzed later), and not for others. I tried two different versions- 6 targets and 56. It may be counting any NPCs in the area towards its' total count, which would have issues if there are familiars, mercenaries, invisible raid controllers, auras, campfires, pets.... but we don't even know enough yet to determine if that is part of what is causing the glitches.

Another thing to remember (for those that weren't in beta), if someone has multiple corpses in the zone, and you're going to use AE rez, they must RELEASE their corpse, or get a different rez. Corpses are numbered in a zone, oldest to newest, and as every cleric who has had to deal with dead people knows, you need to rez the newest corpse for a hovering person to get a rez box, which AE rez currently cannot do. It will also rez only one corpse from an individual player at a time (when it works). Aristo was going to try and see if it could be made to rez newest to oldest, but it might not even be possible at the moment.
  4. Elizabeta Augur

I watched a raid AE-rez while in hovermode last night. It was an amazing sight, almost like watching popcorn pop, as corpses turned into players. Well... All but half the raid. I clearly saw the casting cleric on my screen and i only had one corpse, so it had nothing to do with the multiple corpse phenomenon. Eventually i went to bind. Even after four raid AE-rezzes, there were six people who needed directed individual rez casts.
  5. Candydare Elder

Overall, it is nice to have. The first time I used the spell and saw all the those corpses gone, it made me smile!
    Thank you for giving us this spell! :)
  6. Kegwell Lurker since '99

Thank you!
  7. CaRnon Augur

please let me know when they fix it.. atm from what I have seen its useless on raids.. but the time its up and ready to cast I cast it and I get a window full of spam saying I cant res this corpse etc...
  8. Crystilla Augur

We had no issues using it last night. Sure there might have been a couple corpses not rezzed (at least one of which was hovering), but I didn't get any spam 'no's when I used it twice last night.

Definitely will be glad once it's fully figured out what can cause that to happen and then make sure players know what not to do (and/or Dev/Coders fix parts) ... since it is partly player fault if the rez doesn't work.
  9. CaRnon Augur

Well you can not really blame the players IF they do not let us know what we can and can't do... ATM its just folks guessing what IS AND ISN'T A BUG in the current spell line.. I do not think we should have to play guessing games to use this spell..
  10. Crystilla Augur

I'm saying if we already know hovering causes issues, that is a player's fault if they're still hovering and complain that they didn't get the rez. That's all. (Though honestly, since when are bugs figured out by Devs first and not players? It's always players who figure this stuff out).

So folks please continue posting any other things you see happening.
  11. CaRnon Augur

There has to be other issues. IF EVERY corpse is rejected with my ae res.. including my own I was standing next to (and it was the ONLY corpse I had)...

Not sure what would cause that.. but if you want I can dig threw my log file to find the long list of spam telling me none of the corpses got resed.
  12. Ylyrra-TP Journeyman

So far, the only issues I see happening are if players are in hover mode or zoning. Every time we use the spell, there are anywhere from 3-8 players who say they didn't get a box. Last night I asked several times, if anyone was NOT in hover or zoning and still did not get a box, please let me know so I can report it. No one said a word. And for us, we do call that an AE rez is incoming, please be out of hover and no zoning.
  13. Liliornin New Member

Any chance we can get this fixed to include people in hover and perhaps cut down the cast times?
  14. Fenthen aka Rath

I believe they put in a fix, or were putting in a fix, for hovering. I do know that hovered people should no longer chew up targets for the spell if they don't receive a box. I hardly use it so I haven't had a chance to test it out. I almost miss raids where wiping and learning were involved. =/
  15. Liliornin New Member

We are doing Chapter House now. It has a lot of wiping and learning for us!
    Fenthen likes this.