Cleric AC

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Gundolin, Jan 18, 2017.

1. p2aa Augur

That's the reasoning of people going for AC only. Not saying that you are doing it, but posting this comforts some people to go for AC only. Because you will never have enough AC to reach a breakpoint, and if you reach one, why not going on to reach the next one ? . In today's game though thinking your 1000 more AC will allow you to see a mitigation reduction like it could happen before you will be very disappointed.
    And that's coming from a tank who was valuing AC over HP and was using a ratio of like 1 AC versus 50 HP a few years ago. I don't use anymore AC aug with no HP on it.
  2. Chaosflux Augur

No you are not understanding what I am saying at all.

If you take a 14000ac cleric (using magelo numbers) and redo the tests you did, then do them sans 1000ac, that is the only way to prove what you are saying.

For all we know you are 1200ac past the breakpoint.

I can assure you on my cleric I take far more high DI rounds then my paladin they also have a LARGE difference in AC total.

I am not saying a cleric can't be past it as well, but it's less likely since the raw AC difference between a mana geared cleric and AC geared warrior is huge.

This happened before SOF revamped mob atk values, our AC was so high even raid mobs were 75% DI <4

There absolutely is a breakpoint
  3. Tucoh Augur

I for one would love to see more tests on difficult (if not raid level) mobs with different AC. In general there aren't many options with high AC, low/no HP ( Romance's Runic Rampart, Token of the Waveswept,
    Emblem of the Combine, Kaznak's Bulwark Emblem). But it'd still be interesting to see what the delta in the DI histogram with different AC values.