Cleric AC

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Gundolin, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Gundolin Augur

For a raiding Cleric my AC is still pretty low. I had been paying much more attention to my mana and HP, but hadn't really been watching AC. My guild has cleared all of TBM but are just starting Tier 2 of EoK.

My current unbuffed AC is only 11.8 when it looks like it should be a little over 13K.

My hours played are relatively light. Outside of 2 days a week raiding its generally 1-2 hours three or four nights a week so I mostly focus on getting through the mercenary and partisan quests. Do I need to focus on more named mobs to get more AC Augs? If so are there any camps that you think are relatively easy? (I'm almost always duo'd with my wife's BL and we often have a full group by the end of the night, cause EQ people are really nice).

So how are you guys bringing your AC up so much, is it mostly through Augs or am I missing on my Hero's Fortitude?

Thanks for your help
  2. Isule Elder

check your augs. I am willing to bet you are using a lot of augs without AC on them. ALSO, as a cleric from the pvp servers never use skin. Skin/symbol/AC + focus might be more hp and stats and 1 or 2 more mana regen, your Self mana buff + Surety will yield more AC.
  3. Stephsanity Augur

Self buff is more mana regen then skin
  4. Roxxanna Augur

Probably your augs. For reference, I fill all my slots with the best ac/hsta augs I can get, and ignored any mana augs since I never run out of mana. I do however run out of health a lot. Roxx is sitting at about 14k and I'm mixed raid geared TBM-TDS. Well it was 14k before the number change today.
  5. Pano Augur

As other mentionned, augs. Only get augs with AC on them, and get a Frosty Gem of Enhanced Protection for extra AC.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  6. arbre Lorekeeper

Complete the expansion achievements. You not only get additional Hero's Resolution/Vitality/Fortitude, but they award some nice augs with high ac and hwis. Make sure your shield has the best ac aug you are able to obtain.

TDS Powersources can provide more ac. Make sure you are using purity augs with 30 - 35 purity.

There are great quested augs with good AC and Hwis too: Sacred Prayer Shawl, Artisan's Prize and the Anniversary augs. The tradeskill quests can be long but are well worth the time.

If you have no issues with mana in raids, start looking at the new gear for better ac and hwis before mana. Unfortunately, these are often the so-called "tank" pieces.
  7. Gundolin Augur

Thanks, mana in raids is seldom an issue anymore, except when I ran out of Hit points first. ;) Really the Helping Hand and the tomb of manipulation are fantastic for mana. I'd think I could lose 20 or 30K mana and it wouldn't be a issue with those two augs alone.

I am using the TDS power source from caverns, but I am not using any of the Artisan's Prize. I'll need to look those up. And my other augs in general.

Thanks
  8. Lluianae Elder

I couldn't help but smile at this kind of thread existing all these years later and holy the stats people have now from gear and augs. Rock on my fellow Clerics!
    Crystilla, Chaosflux and Shaantara like this.
  9. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

Wow holy crap!! Are you real? Can I have your autograph? Play EQ again!! :p
    Chaosflux and Lluianae like this.
  10. Chaosflux Augur

Time to play EQ again! So I have someone to compete with on solo achievements.

As for the op.

Use the tank powersource like others mentioned.

Stack up AC and Hagi augs like it's going out of style.
  11. Tucoh Augur

#1 thing you can do is ensure you have nathsar darkness from atrebe (easy EoK mission):
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=126372

If you can bring your raiding buddies to group with you, I suggest doing the EoK augs first:
    http://www.raidloot.com/Search.aspx?type=Augmentation&augslot=7%2c8&source=EoK&order=AC

You can get a lot of AAs from that.

If you're totally blank, you can also get quite a few AC augs from CotF via Marks of Valor.
    Just run a bunch of Gribbles, lots of people running them wouldn't mind a cleric replacing their healing merc:
    http://www.raidloot.com/Search.aspx?type=Augmentation&augslot=7,8&source=CoF: Marks of Valor&order=AC

If you've done TDS progression and somehow missed the augs, these camps aren't bad (Except Jonas):
    http://www.raidloot.com/Search.aspx?type=Augmentation&augslot=7,8&source=TDS&order=AC

For TBM, Condensed Dessicated Bile is pretty low hanging fruit, with a bunch of mediocre 40AC augs:
    http://www.raidloot.com/Search.aspx?type=Augmentation&augslot=7,8&source=TBM&order=AC
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  12. Lluianae Elder

I might be real :D

An autograph?! Hmmm, no pen but I can do this. *blesses you on your eternal pursuit of More AC(tm)*

I'll also impart some of my wisdom from Tunare, courtesy of Naubi. How to heal based on health bar colours:
    [IMG]
    (only take this seriously some of the time)

Haha, I'm not sure if I have the time to consider playing EQ like I used to! Life goes on and I am more busy than ever.

There's not a time that goes by when I don't think about how much playing with you all influenced me. Even silly little things like a cleric that could do things no one thought possible.

I'm glad things are still going.
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  13. Chaosflux Augur

Solusek Ro and the Avatar of War miss you.
    Lluianae likes this.
  14. Crystilla Augur

I'm transferring some posts from the old eqclerics.org to a new site that will be up/running shortly (same domain name, just new host thanks to Fanra helping me out to host it). In doing this, I came across this old post of Lluianae's in a "your highest solo kill" thread. It was Llu's first post in that thread I believe dated in 2006.

~~
    01-17-2006, 03:12 AM #31 - Lluianae

"Myral, fond memories when he'd proc da at 5%!

It's been a while since I had tried anything after Vindi, but a while back I was talking with Orruar of Triality on Maelin. He mentioned to me how a guildy had been working against Shadowhunter in WoS and had gotten him to ~40% but would run out of mana, and said to me "SH would be an ultimate solo achievement", and said I should have a go. So I did

First time I wore it down to 43%, he cast his FD AE and I didn't resist, I stood up and he despawned . Second time I did manage to beat the evil Feran- he had been running amok slaying several groups, which I rezzed and warned that I would eventually be pulling him, so that they could be careful and avoid the tentacle AE. The SpinStun was deadly and gave him so many chances to do serious damage, buffing up MR to near 600 managed to make it mostly resistable at least. FD after FD and 2 DI's later, I stood up and continued to wear him down, eventually to see the message "You have slain Shadowhunter!" All the groups cheered and were amazed, it was kinda cool being a hero for the day lol. He may not have the most HPs of mobs I have killed before, only ~90k, but he was one of the if not the hardest of mobs I have done yet, I never thought I could say that I have soloed a 2.4k quadder unslowed! "
    Lluianae likes this.
  15. p2aa Augur

I'm not a cleric but I would like to bring my input about the AC discussion.
    I'm a warrior, and in TBM expansion I did a big work of comparing my tanking parses of a TBM raid boss (Vim for those who know this raid) at various moments of TBM raid gearing.
    In the span of + 1000 AC, I was not able to see an impact on the average hit done, nor the tanking graph showing more spikes when I had 1000 AC less.
    I came to the conclusion that AC has lost some value, compared to some earlier expansions (I remember Bedavir graphs in SoF showing AC threesolds and dmg taken)
    With raids that have big AE dmg now, HP is important too.
    HAgi has an impact on mitigation too, and with TBM gear we won way more heroic stats than before
    With + 500 HAgi, I was not able to see an impact on the average hit done too.
    So in conclusion, even if AC / HAgi have still their advantages, it's not as great in today's EQ than it could be in theory.
  16. Chaosflux Augur

Clerics are also much further below the point of diminishing returns then warriors, this matters, before you hit that point AC is a solid increase
  17. p2aa Augur

Are you speaking of AC softcaps ? They are low for everyone. All players at lvl 105 are over the AC softcap easily.
  18. Tucoh Augur

I remember your parses on hAGI vs hDEX, but I don't remember seeing parses of AC vs raid boss mobs. I did some small comparisons on my damage taken vs other warriors who were raid geared (vs my group gear) and found the differences to also be small, but different activations of defensive abilities dramatically impact that.

If you have that parse information handy I'd love to see it.
  19. p2aa Augur

I looked back at my parse post last year and I was measuring the impact of HAgi / Avoidance / AC on dmg taken of TBM raid bosses. I did not test HDex. The parse with + 1000 AC difference is there with the other parses I did
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/tank-parses.231978/page-2
    Tucoh likes this.
  20. Chaosflux Augur

No I am not.

Let's say the breakpoint is 17,000 ac

A warrior at 19000 could lose 2000 and suffer very few DI shifts

Meanwhile a cleric at 14,000 would still see good gains for 3000 ac.

The AC vs mob atk equation is not linear