[Cleric] 2012 Suggestions for Spells

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Eandolf, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Eandolf Elder

This thread particularly was a mess, I am sure that I have missed some of the salient posts, so Crystilla can come in and clean up my mess (muahahahahaha).

Original thread here (http://forums.station.sony.com/eqold/posts/list.m?topic_id=186207)

Please go ahead and start posting those thoughts here. (I figure if Elidroth is ready, Aristo can't be far behind [IMG]).
    To start us off.

Mark of Erion (single target DS that stacks with both of our other DS's) [28151/28152/28153]
    5 hit counters, 1 minute duration, 30 second recast, timer 10, -55 magic resist
    Rank 1 = 535 DS, 960 reverse DS
    Rank 2 = 562 DS, 1008 reverse DS
    Rank 3 = 590 DS, 1058 reverse DS
    - Please raise the counters or remove them and modify the duration. 5 counters generally is off in a few seconds time, making it a very expensive of a spell for very small damage overall in general but also when compared to other 30 second recast spells.

[] Zealous Multi
    Classes: CLR/98
    Skill: Alteration
    Mana: 1400
    Target: Single
    Range: 200
    Beneficial: Blockable
    Casting: 3.75s, Recast: 1.5s
    1: Increase Current HP by 9071
    2: Increase Current HP by 2268 (If HP Below 20 Percent)
    Improved Spell Effect: Zealous Multi Effect
    Duration: 1 tic
    Text: You are bathed in a zealous multi.

[] Zealous Multi Effect
    Classes: CLR/98
    Skill: Alteration
    Mana: 1400
    Target: Single
    Range: 200
    Beneficial: Blockable
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 0s
    1: Increase Current HP by 5071

Summon Flask of Holy Water: The name says it all, hardly ever seen Holy Water in EverQuest so I figured Clerics are gonna need a spell that can create such. My idea for this one is simple, a spell that summons a Flask of Holy Water that the Cleric (and other characters) can use for throwing witch in turn has bane damage against summoned creatures, undead creatures and even vampiric creatures, multiple versions of this spell must exist for not only the upcoming expansion but also past expansions before it.

Summon Holy Symbol: Yep, this one also says it all for I too hardly ever see Clerics in EverQuest using Holy Symbols, and no Cleric with a spell ever capable of summoning a Holy Symbol at all. My idea for this one involves the Cleric summoning a Holy Symbol that fuctions as a clickie that can drive away, dot, or perhaps even cause direct damage on summoned creatures, undead creatures and vampiric creatures, multiple versions of this spell must exist for not only the upcoming expansion but also past expansions before it.

Summon Holy Arrows of Undead Slaying: Yep, an actual spell that allows Clerics to create Holy Arrows with bane damage against Undead, on the side note, Magicians in turn should have there Summoning Arrows also tweaked that actaully deal bane damage against Summoned (Summoned Arrows, Quiver of Marr and Grant Quiver of Kalkek respectfully).

Quiver of Rodcet: As Summoned Holy Arrows of Undead Slaying, expect it summons a Quiver among with the arrows.

Wafer of Endurance Transvergence: This idea is based off the Magician's Wand line witch transvers Hit Points to Mana Points but with one major difference, The Wafer actually transvers Endurance Points to Hit Points when you really need it most, if this idea is considered for the next expansion, lesser versions should also exist for past expansions as well.

Summon Orb of Sacred Flame: Summons a clickie-orb that the Cleric can click on to deal fire damage against a mob, this damage becomes very potent when used against summoned creatures, undead creatures and vampiric creatures. Again I will say if this idea is considered for the next expansion, lesser versions too must also exist for expansions before it.

Sacred Senses: Cleric self buff that further increases the Cleric's Armor Class and chance to dodge blows.

Divine Flame: Allows the Cleric's Pet Hammer to Proc Fire Damage, even more potent against Summoned, Undead and Vampiric Creatures.

Being this close to whenever open beta seems to be starting, after I posted the initial set had been submitted, holding off for players to see what we do have before submitting new ideas (which at that point anyone in beta can submit as well).
  2. CaRnon Augur

First I do not want to become a summing class like mages are ATM.. The idea of summong melee "modrods" might be ok with me IF its a MGB style cast and not a single cast spell.. I would perfer not having to summon 30+ endrods every event.

Also the arrows? We cant use arrows and I dont care to summon another item that I wont/cant use added to our spell list.,

I also like to be a considered a healer first and otherstuff second. Personally I could care less for random items that do damage to summoned mobs undead mobs... we get a few dots/DD spells vs undead and as long as they update them each expansion I am more then happy with that. If I wanted to dps i would roll an necro/wizzy or such.. I wanna keep my group alive and its why I personally rolled a cleric....

NOW please dont take this as a attack on you personally... I just do not have the same wants/neeeds as a cleric as you do. I rather them improve our healing vs druids/pallys/etc then them increase our dps OR maby fix stacking issues between differnt rks of the same spell )rk1-2-3spell haste come to mind) before they add random items we summom to our spell roster.
  3. Eandolf Elder

Oh, I don't take it personally, they weren't my ideas after all. I just copied the information in the original thread Crystilla made on the old forums so they don't get lost. I personally agree that summoning stuff doesn't make sense, we should be doing things not dropping bags of food on the ground for others.
  4. Adaire Lorekeeper

I would love to see 4 total contravention of Intervention spells to bring some viable dps options to the group game. So add in upgrades to each and another line of each too. Make them fast cast or maybe even an insta-cast line which would probably be viable in raid settings too even with the swap time between mob/tank (if its insta).

I would also like to see a stack-able version of Heal over Time spells to bring HoT's a little closer to direct heals.

Another idea would be a MUCh improved version of Ward and Vow spell lines vs undead. Currently clerics can solo pretty affectively vs undead but improved versions of those spells would make it a much more viable option.
  5. Ardin Elder

Are you sure ? Our current abilities vs undeads are laughable.
  6. Brahma New Member

I find it very hard to solo in VoA as a cleric with a merc, even vs undead. I can do it but it takes alot of time and mana compared to other classes. Some type of slow effect added to our ward perhaps? I have always had an issue that mercs can replace dps, healing, and tanking but no buffing/slowing classes. While its great to be able to heal a merc warrior it takes 30% of my mana pool or more for a single kill in a t1 zone at 94 with just merc and I. I have a hard time finding groups sometimes and forces me to solo but no merc compliments well with me for solo work.
  7. Crystilla Augur

Adding slow would be a detriment if you're using ward - unless something has changed recently, the majority of our DPS comes from things like ward and the DS/reverse DS shields (rather than actual melee damage) so slowing the mob would actually make the kill take longer.

Have you tried moloing with a wizard merc? I've molo'd in City of Bronze mission with my warrior merc but have found using a wizard merc went at least twice as quick, if not even quicker to kill mobs (granted, I used th wizard merc in HoT t4 zones; haven't tried that in CoB).

Last confirmation - may be a silly question but you aren't trying to heal the tank merc while you have vov on are you? That cuts your healing by 50% so if you were, that could be why you were taking such a big mana hit.
  8. Cakeny Augur

I've found that killing is less efficient with a merc than it is truly solo.
  9. Gnomereaper Augur

Better off as tradeskilled items that can be sold on the market, rather than summonsed. Spells and AA's that do things like lower VoV's drawback would be a stronger plus. We also have bash that has never been upgraded into anything. A special "divine bash" skill would at least take something from marginal to useful that worked with 2hnders.
  10. CaRnon Augur

I actually like that idea.. since the SoD slot 3 aug +12? bash has been put into the game I have not seen much done to increase our bash ability... something like a +bashVSundead or just a increased +bash to our class would be a nice gift to the few the prowd the clerics that still bless the game today
  11. Kyreth Elder

Currently we have nukes that heal the target's target, stuns that heal the target's target, and heals that nuke the target's target. I'd like to see a heal that stuns the target's target also.
  12. Brahma New Member

Firstly I am not trying to change the topic of this thread, I really think we own the realm of healing in groups and particularlly the amount of heals that bonus on ourselves. Yes Of course I was not acting as a healing I have around 69k hp, I get eaten up by them. Yes I do use wizard occasionally but solo less occasionally due to not being able to hold aggression. I of course have ward and my vow shining all the normal battery of self buffs.

I guess I am short aa's I have about 3k at 95 and the only problems ive gotten is not being able to go on my own vs anything that isnt slightly dead. Kyreth the heal than stun tot's is exactly what I would think is the kind of bland healing spells we are doomed to inherit post 95.

You gave us the power to melee and nuke, what about an aura which distributed the healing portion of your heals to people in your party or group or raid in otherwards the ability to do our little weak bash and melee fighting when it counts. or does it even matter when my target have million hit points?. Combine our Aura's into one dual aura like all other buffs have become to save us time and mana.

I understand a cleric is by no means a dangerous damger but something that gives us an edge vs every npc would keep me playing my cleric