Cleric 2.0 Ornament

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kinjeero, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Kinjeero New Member

So I'm in Timorous Deep, where does the Cleric quest/task start? I cant seem to find it anywhere
  2. SpamFactory Augur

right when you enter the hidden oasis

try relogging if nothing happened. you may be missing a spell required for the task. if you are you will have a message in your chat window telling you which spells you need to go buy.
  3. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

If you do not already have the "An Epic Journey" task then you need to go to Felwithe and talk.to Lady Caroline of Thex
  4. Kinjeero New Member

I have the quest "an Epic Request" the class quest for clerics is done in TD i just cant find where to start it, i know where the update spot for non clerics is. I just dont know where to go with my cleric
  5. SpamFactory Augur

it's the same spot for clerics as it is for non-clerics.

like I said, I had the same problem and when I relogged on the spot I got an emote telling me I had to go buy a certain spell before I could get the instance.
  6. Kinjeero New Member

oh im sorry i didnt see ur reply
  7. sojuu Augur

Also have no one in ur group not even a merc.
  8. Orbital101 Augur

Who ever designed this task was not cleric friendly... Task it self rock but compare to the other class 2hrs 30min to finish... maybe less if i had to do it again because i had no info on it but took about 10min for my war, 5 min for my bard and 15 min for my wizz...
  9. roguerunner Augur

make sure you suspend merc, and it should give you the shared individual task
  10. Zachton Soulstriker Augur

The cleric one had so much cool lore behind it though. :)
    Fenthen likes this.
  11. Crystilla Augur

I loved the lore and pretty much everything on it. With no quest guide, we actually had to figure it out or try to find someone who had done it.

Plus there still are some places that can bug out or are buggy:
    • Porting from the raft (islands) into Solb, several of us kept getting stuck in the "loc" room. GM's were kind and got those out who petitioned, but the fact it was happening multiple times on multiple servers is an issue to be looked at.
    • Once up in naggy's lair, when the raid force attacks, you can get pushed off the platform if you're not careful, in which case it took more than an hour to kill the raid force. If you fall into the triangular spot of lava, you can not get back out of the lava because the dragon is too big to squeeze through to the open area.
    • I got one report that someone turned into dragons in Burning Woods at the very beginning wasn't given the option to make hotkeys, so killing the white dragon took forever.
  12. sojuu Augur

Your petition was answered? Hmmm..the wife(amyia) petition is still open and waiting on a gm to respond to it, and she had the issue prior to you lol. Any suggestions on how to get them to help her out other than just wait? And b4 others suggest just redoing the mission this was her 3rd time restarting and getting ported to the loc room every time.
  13. Warpiggs Augur

It sure did, this quest was a blast. I chose the 2.0 shield as the reward. But since this was so cool, I'm going to do it a second time and get my rez stick ornament for my weapon!
  14. Talif Augur

Attach "candid" pics to the petition....
  15. Crystilla Augur

Make sure the drop down option "stuck character" was used. In the petition, I stated I was staying in the location until they ported me or timer ran out. My petition was answered by GM Felthius in about 20-30 minutes I think. The GM ended up porting me to the location below and I shared it with the SW channel in case others want it and their GM doesn't know the right spot.

[Sat Mar 16 12:19:35 2013] You tell serverwide.cleric:1, 'neg 1090, neg 320, neg 50.22 is the loc a GM just ported me to'

[Sat Mar 16 12:18:38 2013] Felthius tells you, 'hang tight, on my way.'
    [Sat Mar 16 12:18:55 2013] You told Felthius, 'kk'
    [Sat Mar 16 12:19:16 2013] You told Felthius, 'thank you'
    [Sat Mar 16 12:19:24 2013] Felthius tells you, 'I believe this is where you're supposed to be.'
    [Sat Mar 16 12:19:28 2013] Felthius tells you, 'Not a problem.r'
    [Sat Mar 16 12:19:36 2013] Felthius tells you, 'Is there anything else I can do for you today?'
    [Sat Mar 16 12:19:42 2013] You told Felthius, 'no, that is all, thank you'
    [Sat Mar 16 12:19:55 2013] Felthius tells you, 'Take care then, Crystilla, and have a great dayQ'
    [Sat Mar 16 12:19:59 2013] Felthius tells you, 'Q= !'
    [Sat Mar 16 12:20:00 2013] You told Felthius, 'you as well'
    [Sat Mar 16 12:20:02 2013] Crystilla curtsies before Felthius.
  16. Crystilla Augur

Not sure if others have this issue but if I'm petitioning from inside the game I can't attach anything; it crashes EQ entirely.

HERE's a photo I had taken of the loc room but wasn't able to attach it myself.
  17. sojuu Augur

Yea we petitioned under journal-quest/mission issues. Thought that would be best route considering it was in the mission. After the last attempt we were just going to go to bed too was getting frustrating dealing with the issue on every attempt.
  18. Crystilla Augur

Stuck character is one of those things I've learned (and heard from SoE) that they focus on and prioritize higher than other types of petitions, so if it happens again, use that.
  19. SpamFactory Augur

finished this one last night. my original toon was a cleric and I had to struggle through the old version of ragefire where he was arguably the most highly contested 5 day repop in the game.

the original ragefire spawned in solb in naggy's room (hence his comments about lord nagafen's untimely death when hailed). He was then changed to a hand-in-only in solb (and moved to a safer location). Then you had to camp him skyfire at that static location where warder cecila or whatever her name is spawns today. He was still a 5 day repop in this location.

I remember camping ragefire with my guild and 5 manaburning wizards in my group with 2 other guilds ready to pounce on him the moment he spawned. after sitting there as a guild all night he finally popped and my manaburn team happened to have the quickest fingers. it was chaos. eventually they changed ragefire AGAIN to the shard-collecting triggered spawn he is today.

so I guess after that experience I liked how the cleric ornament event focused on the lore behind ragefire.

of course there was that immersion shattering moment when I suddenly see text on screen telling me about the shards in skyfire that I collected (which I never had to), seeing "me" next to warder cecila, and reliving the ragefire battle a whole lot differently than I remembered it!

still my favourite ornament quest so far.
  20. Crystilla Augur

What makes me reminiscent, especially with Spam's info - how many clerics are still in game who remembers the original fight in solb, where you could have two separate forces (naggy's and ragefire's) in hot contention. Then the large list that was created on many servers which folks sat on for multiple years ... until and even after he was first moved to Skyfire on the 5 day spawn and second triggerable by looting 4 shards from around skyfire and turning them in.

I was both on the list and the 2nd cleric on Morell Thule to trigger/complete Ragefire after he was made to his current stance (triggerable).