Cleansing Acquittal

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Karhar, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Karhar Dream Crusher

Why is the cure component of this spell worth 1.2k extra mana? I went on vacation and I don't see the beta forums anymore to see where this was changed, if anyone has any information.
  2. Crystilla Augur

Originally our spell was supposed to be the group promised ren_ spell but unfortunately there were too many stacking/blocking/knocking off issues and Aristo couldn't make it work in time for the patch.

So he swapped it out for a backup spell (I'm guessing he had in his pocket since it wasn't something we'd specifically asked for).

Here's how I'm looking at this spell:
    • Situational (like many of ours lately)
    • It is our first ever group cure that can be cast on other groups (that's huge to my opinion) ... but again very situational and not a need to be memmed this expansion except DH1 perhaps. But we have had expansions in the past which were cure heavy so when those events come around again, we'll have this I guess. (ToR seems too mana drainish to use this there.)
  3. sojero One hit wonder

If the group heal/cure can be cast on others can it be MGB'd? I have not been able to play much since the patch so I havent bought it with my cleric. I did not know it could be cast on other groups. If it can be MGB that is $$ when you have a shortage of pallies.
  4. Grelthur Elder

I'm not sure that even if it is able to be MGB'd, that it would be effective that way. It would be a one shot thing per cleric for the most part, and IMO would relegate that to an emergency situation only. Even so, with the current events multiple splashes are required to remove the de-buff and then it will just come right back, a la WK2.
  5. Crystilla Augur

The heal is MGB'able. Trying to find a place I can get my 2nd char dotted to check if the cure component gets MGB'd. (The heal is a triggered spell off of Cleansing Acquittal and not part of Cleansing Acquittal itself).

In some of the earlier AE heavy raids for RoF as well as CoF, we paired healers together. Clerics would pair up with a druid group (to toss elixirs on them), Druids would pair up with druid groups (to watch each other's back) on some events. I could see this working as well for cure heavy events when we get them again.
  6. sojero One hit wonder

I agree about the ones that need multiple, but there are some that only need it every X amount of time that it could be done. For my guild we sometimes have 0 pallies to 3 pallies, this makes some events very difficult without them, and hate to say most the time its the 0 or 1 pally.
  7. Grelthur Elder

I feel your pain there, Sojero. We usually only have 1 on at any time, having 2 happens occasionally, any more is a miracle, really.

I'm still trying to work out in my head an efficient use of this spell. The mana cost is too prohibitive, IMO, to make this spell usable outside of specific situations.
  8. Crystilla Augur

Just confirmed, the MGB also casts the cure components. (Got my 2nd char, ungrouped and untargetted by myself, dotted by a snake with http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=8644 and MGB'ing this cured it).

Editted - it cures someone outside of group if you MGB it. However, I just also tested and if you target that group, they'll get the heal but they will NOT get the cure (only way to cure someone outside of your group is MGB this). Bit strange there.
  9. Karhar Dream Crusher

I still dont think a 30 disease/poison, 21 curse, 12 corruption cure should warrent a 1.2k mana charge lol. I dont see how anywhere you'll beable to spam it to cure things, even though it cures out of group if you mgb it, still not worth the mana.
  10. Grelthur Elder

With that info, the only thing it looks as if this spell will be good for is to save a spell gem slot on DoT heavy events that also need a cure so that you don't need both a group HoT and a cure button. Even with that, I would probably just use our big group heal. /shrug
  11. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

[40045/4571] Cleansing Acquittal
    Classes: CLR/99
    Mana: 4612
    1: Cast: Reverent Elixir
    2: Decrease Disease Counter by 30
    3: Decrease Poison Counter by 30
    4: Decrease Curse Counter by 21
    5: Decrease Corruption Counter by 12

[40046/4571] Cleansing Acquittal Rk. II
    Mana: 4796
    1: Cast: Reverent Elixir Rk. II

[40047/4571] Cleansing Acquittal Rk. III
    Mana: 4988
    1: Cast: Reverent Elixir Rk. III

Higher ranks currently have the same counters as the rank 1 spell, seems like a mistake/oversight.
    Without a heal component (making this spell twinhealable), it is very much our worst group cure. It really could use a lot more counters than it has currently. I also am not really amused that we can MGB a cure every 30 minutes that is worse than the one paladins can cast every 18 seconds.
    Iila likes this.
  12. Crystilla Augur

Since the heal is higher, it could be a mistake on the counters, but it also might be by design. Will check.

Just thinking out loud, but would making this a free target spell make it better or more worthy of the mana cost than what it is now?
  13. Clarisa Augur

The identical cure counters could be intended, since the ranks of Word of Reformation (our group heal/cure) also have identical cure counters and only differ in the amount of the direct heal.

I agree that it could use more counters, though I find having a direct cure on an elixir to be an awful concept in general. I'm not sure how other clerics use elixirs, but I use it as a preemptive heal (cast before the damage hits the group) and recast it when the duration expires. If I use this spell in that way, the cure would almost never be useful unless the group happened to need a cure when I was preparing to refresh the elixir.

This wouldn't be an issue if the mana cost wasn't significantly higher than Elixir of the Acquittal (4988 mana for Cleansing Acquittal RK III compared to 3752 mana for Elixir of the Acquittal RK III). Word of Reformation RK III costs only 2645 mana in comparison, provides a cure and a direct heal, and can be twincast. It can't cure corruption (which it should) but 12 counters isn't going to cure much anyway. Being a direct heal, it's also more appropriate for use in curing situations as many detrimental effects are combined with high damage DoTs that require immediate (not delayed) healing.

I could see some potential in the spell if it provided a direct heal, cure, and an elixir in one. It would be worth the high mana cost, then, although it would still be situational as multiple clerics casting it reduces the effectiveness of the elixir. It could also be changed to cure counters each tick as someone in beta suggested, though its overall cure value would need to be raised significantly (i.e. if it just cures for the same amount but takes the entire duration to do it, it's not going to be that useful).
  14. Clarisa Augur

It would definitely be used more (who wouldn't want an area effect curing ability?), though the elixir component would be redundant if multiple clerics were casting it in the same area. The mana cost (4988 mana for RK III) would be ridiculous compared to the Paladin Splash of Cleansing (their ae heal/cure is 2034 mana for RK III), considering that splash provides a more effective heal and cure (can be twincast and is not redundant). That being said, clerics would probably still use it for the cure and not care if the elixir landed.

I doubt it would happen, though, as ae curing has been a paladin specialty for a while. I'm not saying it should be, but I've pretty much accepted that it is.
  15. Karhar Dream Crusher

There's no way we would spam this to cure something, waste of time and mana to overwrite a hot for a cure. I'd stick to word of reformation for that, there isn't many situations where a group cure out of group is useful for a cleric, atleast in my guild.
  16. Shadva Del`Shai Augur

I'd rather see our splash get a cure component added to it. As it stands now, I can't think of any situation in current content where I'd be using Cleansing Acquittal at all, especially with such a high mana cost for so little return.
  17. Crystilla Augur

Agree there. If you could cast this on another group and the cure also hit them - that's one thing (at least then it has limited situational value). But as is, until we get events that will require more curing again, this will most likely sit unused for me.
  18. Grelthur Elder

Especially when the counters removed are lower than our group heal at a higher mana cost, and if you have to cast twice (which is almost guaranteed), you're wasting the HoT component. I feel the corruption counters are negligible enough to be disregarded in this context.
  19. Karhar Dream Crusher

And if we're trying to cure corruption we already have a 52 counter group cure for it. I'd be happy with a nice sized cure for P/D/Curse/Corruption but as a group spell with no heal, i'd use that if it was 400~ mana or so.
  20. Nylrem Augur

Keep the mana cost (or even increase it slightly), keep heal over time component, and make it so it cures that many counters EACH TICK. I cannot imagine that's not what was really intended, of this spell.

Make it TGBable, TBable, and MGBable, for all of it, the heal and cure components.

Then it would be a useful spell.

Leave the cure splashes to pallies, imo.

Either that, or quadruple the cure counters of each type.

As it is now, nobody will ever use. It's not even situational.
    Adaire likes this.