Clayton Teek tasks, question.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fyuri, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Fyuri Journeyman

I did 2 of these last night, one was an older Eth. WK task, pretty simple, granted a healthy 7-8% reg exp at 109 . The second task was an EOK HA in Droga, completed this as well but when doing final hail the exp bar barely moved, less than 1% .

Am I missing something? Are you only supposed to do 1 of these per day? Or is that particular task broken? Or do you get a bonus for killing the mobs in some rather than completion?

That EOK one took me a good amount of time so I was pretty disappointed.

The Task was 'Goblins and Fools' from Praetor Aberic.
  2. Kacman Augur

Working as designed.

CotF HAs give no XP until completed. HAs since give XP while killing aand very little additional upon completion.

You should have earned about the same XP total on each when you look from request through completion, not just on final hail.

CotF HAs still give a bit more total XP than any HA s since. Even after being nerfed multiple times. Devs really made CotF far too nice because it was the first HA expansion.
  3. Gialana Augur

When you complete a bonus HA from Clayton Teek, you get the normal completion reward (which can vary depending on which steps you get), and you get a second reward that's about equal to the completion reward.
    CotF HAs give the bulk of their experience on completion, but the HAs in later expansions give very little completion experience. So when you get the bonus experience in an EoK HA, for instance, you get an extra 1-3 AA worth of experience. If I'm doing Clayton's daily HAs for experience, I don't bother with any outside of CotF. That means I could do 0, 1, or 2 HAs a day for bonus experience, depending on which he hands out. If I wanted alternate currency, then the post-CotF bonus HAs would be worth doing.

On a related note, the amount of bonus experience from a daily HA in CotF is related to the amount of bonus platinum. The higher the platinum, the more expereience you can expect from completing that HA.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Just to clarify there are the normal HA's you can do anytime you want and are given out by the respective quest givers in the zones.

Then there are 2 random "Bonus" HA's given out by Clayton Teek each day. You can accept one or both then tell him which you want to be ported to. You then still have to request the HA from the task giver he specified. If you go to the zone he is offering and do the one he is offering then you get a bonus at the end on top of what that HA would have given you anyway. If you do another in that zone that he was not offering you do not get a bonus, you only get the normal exp at the end.
  5. Fyuri Journeyman

This is what I was wondering, so these ones give more exp for mob kills, right?

Was wondering cause there were a lot of extra mobs in the Droga instance, so it would be beneficial to kill everything, even mobs unnecessary to the objective, for exp bonus? Or is the exp granted per step of the task?
  6. Kacman Augur

Yes, kill to your hearts delight in all HAs after CotF for extra XP.

With the scaling of HAs to the highest group members level, most mobs will be white/yellow con and provide more XP with easier/gaster kill rate the the dark/light blue cons of the static version of the same zone.
  7. Gialana Augur

I think he's asking if a TDS or later HA is offered by Clayton, do you get bonus experience for killing the mobs, since that's where the bulk of the experience comes from in those HAs. I've never paid attention, but I expect you get the same amount of experience from killing the mobs as you would if if weren't a bonus HA.