Classical TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Greendav, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Greendav Lorekeeper

I m still dreaming of new tlp server stopping at velious expansion.

It would be a kind a p99 with instance (so at end each guild could enjoy all end game contend)

- 1 to 6 month : classical
    - 7 to 12 month : Kunark
    - 13 to 18 mont : Velious
    - 19 to 24 month (and each next 6 month) : special event for this server, Sleeper reset if that possible, gods war and so.

There is so much thing to do with only that 3 expansions.

I m ok to say that most player could finish to be borned on it, but i m also sure a lot of player will like to have a server like this to explore, see quest and lore on this ancient world.

A server like this could have a lot of success at start so what about a starting with 2 servers and merge them (if necessary) after 2 or 3 years.

This is an idea for the 20th anniversary tlp launch.
  2. snailish Augur

They're "playing nice" with P99 so probably not going to overlap it...

Rodcet Nife server had a guild that self-locked at Velious back in the day, way before the first progression server was ever offered (they did it at Luclin launch iirc). They were called <Claws of Coldain> and they lasted (with small numbers) into LDoN iirc --so a few years in real time.

Agnarr offers a great location to recreate such a guild, and there isn't that much to "police" with guild rules as out of era. Make what you want to happen be real, as I think waiting for this is a long wait.
  3. Greendav Lorekeeper

Thats a good point but thats not enough :=)

I hadn t find my post, but long time ago i posted a tread (or perhaps just an answere on a tread) concerning a new kind a tlp server evolving all three month with a new expansion.
    Some answere tthat woudn t work for many reason and here we are with phinigel !

I stress that a classical server on the way i m talking about (progression stoping at velious with instance to avoid than 2 or 3 guilds keep all the best loots) could be a very good idea of tlp for 20 years of EQ !

EQforEver :)