Classic Rogue BUFF idea

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Goodkitty, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Darchon_Xegony Augur

On TLPs casters are too strong for classic and maybe Kunark/Velious because of DoT Revamps and general spell value revamps.

Monks are too strong in Classic-Kunark due to hand to hand tables especially epic fists.

Melee are too strong in Kunark-TDS because of Innate Melee DPS AAs

Pets are too strong in Classic-Velious group game because of pet Mitigation and hit table changes

Charm is too strong in Classic-GoD (Tipt/Vxed) because pets now tank over players and hold better.

If they really cared about balance they'd address these points in the eras they are issues. But I doubt they care as most of these are only a handful of months on a server before we move past that point. On Phinigel I don't think anyone has cared about a charmed pet being in their group for 6+ months because it isn't the powerhouse it used to be. Etc.

You can't simply increase everyone otherwise the game becomes a faceroll joke. TLPs largely are like that already but they really should address it. Cutting down DPS across the board to more reasonable levels would be a great start if and only if it is coupled with an equivalent EXP increase. These servers shouldn't be an enormous grind to get the levels and AAs you need to do the content. Increase EXP rates to counteract the slower kill rates people would experience after a nerf but having raids kill Redfang in era before he depops once is a clear sign there's an issue with TLP DPS balance.
    snailish and jiri_ like this.
  2. ShivanAngel Augur

If they did anything i would say poisons, but this gsme does not need more dps in classic, it needs less. I get where you are coming from but still.

Not to mention its really hard to find a camp with enough mobs to need that crazy dps. We were in king last night in a "not crazy dps" group and pulls were taking like a minute because they were coming from past crusader.
    jiri_ likes this.
  3. jiri_ Augur

Agree with this, and the post above it. There's not enough dev time for the total overhaul that TLP would need to achieve balance between classes and between players and environment.
  4. Threadquestor New Member

Rogues need help, but the answer is not haste. Even at cap haste, they are having issues.
    The quickest solution: Backstab should increase faster and cap slightly higher at 50 than it is currently. I would even go as far as giving them a 5 level advantage. Kunark rogues were pretty low in demand and damage.
    Double backstab could be given at level 50. Rogues were never showing up in dps parses in classic and Kunark.
    Niskin likes this.
  5. fransisco Augur

its not that rogues are in a bad spot, its that monks are so OP they completely overshadow them (and most melee classes).
    Heck, melee in general are all crazy OP compared to original eq
  6. snailish Augur

I've said the above. Not as well, but same idea.

TLP would actually be more fun with DPS dialed way back and XP dialed way up. Makes the game even less "twitchy" which is where EQ shines... interesting tactical combat managing cooldowns and manapools. Charm would be slightly riskier again, groups would still shine.

Not the Luclin "let's put millions of HP on trash" way.

Some raids would probably still need to be tuned up to be challenging in era. And that is okay to do.. it makes sense to be well-geared and good as a raidforce to be able to handle content Kunark and later (Original was never really about that).

Ironically, in an age of most games on all platforms being super-twitchy style, this is a direction that could actually grow the game --especially if the philosophy carried up to live.
    A_New_Cleric likes this.
  7. Green_Mage Augur

I guess my hope as a permanently good MMO faded when my first casual guild on Agnarr trained Vox on to us while we were still zoning and buffing....

We were fine. Guilds with half-decent leadership are always fine. This stuff is all so easy now -- my only hope is it gets rougher GoD+
  8. Sturn Augur

I've talked about this a bit with a few people lately. A couple of suggestions I've had that seem to be agreeable to most would be to give rogues a taunt ability so they can cc a bit by taunting adds of casters & then shedding aggro to the tank by using evade. At lower levels a rogue off tanking isn't hurting their pitiful dps anyways. The other suggestion is to give them track. I mean aren't they scouts? To me it would make sense at least in dungeons. That would give them a couple of "non game changing" utility skills to add value to a group.
    A_New_Cleric likes this.
  9. snailish Augur

Rogue track I have believed in for years.

Track as an AA for any class post TSS... yes please. (if nearly every class can have a mez and/or FD in the modern live game why not. Doesn't need to be top-tier track, just useful).

More melee with taunt I could live with, but really the rogue issue is 3/4 solve by Kunark weapons which means most of the issue is classic rogue weapons.