Classic Planar Gear

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Cyanogen, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Cyanogen New Member

I'm not sure if I've ever seen this brought up to the community. Everyone at some point has said "Why does my warrior only helmet have +10 int/wis and no str/sta". Apply to various pieces for various classes. I'm guessing it would be a simple patch, and I'd hardly qualify it as game breaking to have class only gear utilize preferred stats to compete with some of the campable/tradable group content gear. For example, no ones going to use wizard planar boots over golden efreeti boots. Would you not agree planar gear should at the very minimum be equivalent to a SolB group camps loot table? What's the point of it even dropping if not.
  2. Crayon123 Augur

There is no need to revamp classic items, this is a waste of developer resources.
    Vandir and HoodenShuklak like this.
  3. BearmanSW Elder

I'm with Crayon here...there's a billion better things Devs can do with their time.

Like tuning down damage or increasing mob hp to make #necrolivesmatter
  4. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

For all the people they want to "play classic" but don't really want to "play classic."
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

It encourages mixing and matching items. Your best items all don't come from 1 zone.
  6. Valanie Lorekeeper

Sacrilege. Some of us play fashionquest.
  7. Boze TLP complaint factory

Fashionquest > any stat considerations whatsoever.

I love the weird itemization across the early expansions, like Bobbybick said it encourages mixing and matching. You have to carefully weigh things like "...is this 2AC worth losing 5str?". Itemization in more recent expacs gets less interesting because it's just T1->T2->T3 done.
  8. Soon Augur

You guys just reminded me to dye my armor Lambent.
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

This was part of the magic of eq...