Classic/Kunark Hunter Achieve Thread

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bobbybick, May 18, 2017.

1. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

13871 Trash mobs later in the Gorge of King Xorbb we finally got that dumb Eyeball to pop.
    5 Yymp the Infernals
    4 Spinflints
    2 Brahhms
    1 Qlei

All science attempts ended in failure. I followed a Qlei cycle for about 4 hours after he died and nothing came of it, nothing spawned for that time except for the single mob I was killing every 5minutes as I had every goblin the zone locked down on aggro using a bard. We also had a Yymp and Spinflint up simultaneously a couple days ago so presumably there isn't a single named cycle that would prevent Xorbb from spawning if 1 was already up. Everything in the zone seems to have a 4min 50s respawn timer except for a goblin or two by Runnyeye which is 1hour (this goblin is the PH for goblin alchemist for the Treant fists quest).

Edit: That 13871 is MY personal kills. I had a second person helping me for the majority of this so that number is probably closer to 23k.
  2. daBlubb Elder

Hello all,

iam trying to get credit for "a potameid matriach" in Jaggedpine Forest. There are 3 in the eastern tunnels, but they dont count. Is there a special one spawning somewhere or is it bugged?

daBlubb
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

From what I understand according to this post by Ngreth, the "a potameid matriarch" in Jaggedpine has a 94% chance to spawn as a version that isn't considered as a "rare", and a 2%/2%/2% chance to spawn as one of 3 slightly different rare versions. I believe it was changed in the recent that any of these 2% chance versions all count for the achievement but I haven't done that zone yet myself.

I believe this is the same sort of mechanic the "a ratman inhabitant" in The Hole uses. As there are many ratman inhabitants that spawn but I was only able to get kill credit off around the 40th one i killed.
  4. GoldenFrog Augur

Bobby outlined my understanding as well. We just kept killing matriarchs and finally one of them (after quite some time) gave credit.

Interesting to me that many mobs on this list follow this pattern or similar - like Thick-boned in Kurns - where we've always thought it was ONE named with a % chance to drop certain things. In reality it's different (but same-named) MOBS with a % chance to spawn. Doesn't change anything outside of this Huntering, but neat insight into the game's guts.
  5. daBlubb Elder

Thanks for your infos. I will keep killing em and hope for a rare. :)
  6. Zaggan Journeyman

Not sure if it's just me (and guild), but it seems the rares are spawning a lot less after our "increased rare" weekend to me, like they reduced the spawn rate from what it normally is. Anyone notice anything like that?
  7. Mithra Augur

Can confirm that North Ro follows South Karana exactly with the named spawn cycles. Trash mobs are 32 seconds and ph/named are 64 seconds. There's an identical Rahotep cycle so be careful when hunting Dunedigger. Once you got the correct spawn you should see named about once an hour.
  8. daBlubb Elder

Got he a potameid matriach credit this morning :)
    I kept killing the 3 and suddenly one got the archievement. Was nothing special about it.

Still missing goldentalon, oakfist and stormclaw :confused:
  9. GoldenFrog Augur

Didn't do any research - but have seen 4 Rahotep up simultaneously on multiple occasions. The last time, 3 were static at the undead ruins in the West and a fourth was wandering.
  10. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Any hints to Hatar in South Ro? I managed to science out Erg Bluntbruiser (spoilers: he's similar to AC). But I don't really even know what area of the zone Hatar spawns in.
  11. GoldenFrog Augur

Sheex gave me the push I needed. Got Hatar within' a couple hours after changing locations

He spawns SOUTH of Spectre lake, and just WEST of the Tizzy or whatever camp that was there. I just killed everything wandering in that area (around the camp) and bada bing bada boom.

I have officially killed more mobs in Droga than Lavastorm (Tisella) or Xorbb (King). 4 people keeping wide swaths covered for almost a week now. Getting dejected. But at least the 5k Gobbie kill achievement is down.
    Bobbybick likes this.
  12. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Perfect description thanks! As it turned out shortly after I started killing in this area I had "a madman" spawn. Having scienced out Erg Bluntbruiser earlier and finding out the "a madman" in the south section was part of his spawncycle I tried the same in the north. An hourish later sure enough Hatar spawned.

So if you are after the South Ro named the tldr is kill mobs until "a madman" (Erg/Hatar) or "a dervish cutthroat" (AC) spawn and then follow their spawncycle until the named appears.
    Ishtass likes this.
  13. Randragon Augur

Killed 'a lesser nightmare' in two spots in Lavastorm today.

On goods maps right where its marked Sir Lindel at p838 p187 n108.

Also by the lava river bend where it was pathing from NE heading to SW at p1754 n688 n92.

Hope this helps.
  14. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Potameid Matriarch finally updated on killing Lady Fianya. The roamer matriarch seems to spawn more often than the static versions.
  15. GoldenFrog Augur

And as a side-note, probably not needed to be said; but the Hardcore Heritage versions do not count towards these achievements.
  16. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Working on the Kunark portion of achievements and, my oh my, what a time sink it is. Kurns complete after around 10 hours. Dalnir 18-20 hours, Howling Stones wasn't too bad around 5-6 hours...working on ChardokB and these rabid dogs are way more rare than I remember! 5 hours so far and 2 dogs done.
  17. Ishtass Augur

This worked for me. I also saw a deathfist warrior on this rotation rarely
  18. GoldenFrog Augur

19. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Is there a secret to King Dronan in Temple of Droga? I've been here a week at the loc listed on Allakhazam (with the screenshot) and also have genocided the dungeon and numerous supposed spawn points listed on EQMagelo's map. After 20,000 goblins killed this guy has still not shown up. No mob should be this rare...am I doing something wrong or is the spawn rate for him set to .001% ?
  20. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

I don't believe they are dependent on each other.
    The Kly Imp in level 2 is fairly common, the kly in the church is very very rare and the kly in the lab in the basement is rare.