Classic Class Ratings

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Khalifa Kush, Jan 28, 2019.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

lol wtf did I just see.
  2. Iyvy Augur

Shows a high elf as an example of an enchanter who knows how to play...

If you think a monk is going to be able to KS an enchanter using Pumice stones... Wow... just wow.

A triple enchanter group isn't going to get stolen from if they know what they're doing.

Immediately the enchanter will mez spam till it blurs, now the monk has aggro, now just dot it and charm it over and over until the charm gets dispelled on a dot tick and you win because the dot will be the only registered damage. Although tbh an enchanter nuke spamming will out dps a monk in classic (Yes, seriously).

I once won a fight against an entire guild for Magus Rokyl using just my druid and enchanter, because they can dispel my pet all they want, dot it up, charm, dispell it myself into a nuke from the druid so an enchanter + druid > wins in a race against an entire guild that came (to my camp...) to steal a fricken Magus Rokyl.

The notion that you think enchanters are bad racers because they need charm pets is saaaaad.

For starters dispel my pet and I'll mez. Break my mez to try and get me killed and I'll hard stun into mez flipping, blur will land and now you have aggro on my hasted death pet. Dot the named I want and then blur it to. Done.

Everything in classic outside of literally raid bosses is duoable with an enchanter cleric. And as for literal raid bosses... a single monk is meaningless compared to an extra well played enchanter.
  3. Iyvy Augur

Tbh your average necro is dumber than your average enchanter. Also Cleric is arguably more important than necro. If I have an enchanter I want a cleric, if I have a necro, I want a cleric. If I have a cleric, either is fine.

Also clarity.

Also tash. And mezzes.

Tbh enchanters are considerably better than necros.
  4. Mr Nobody Elder

The kit is good on a necro but having played one as my first toon on Phinny up through Velious, I have no interest in ever playing another one. Class is fine but I wouldn't put it in the top 5.

My top 5

1. Enchanter
    2. Cleric
    3. Shadow Knight
    4. Monk
    5. Shaman
  5. Mr Nobody Elder

Who are you grouping with that does all that... this game ain't that hard. I would much rather have an enchanter, even a bad one, than a perfectly played necro. Just for the mana regen alone even if no cc or charm.
  6. Crayon123 Augur

Nothing but a buff vending machine on raids...
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

Shamans are super amazing OP solo... but on raids they are largely relegated to buffing and in classic... single target, super needy tryhards make that a rough gig.

But come Kunark they are really OP dungeon crawlers, right up there with ENC. Once they nerf charm, SHM looks to be in pretty solid positioning to take over the #1 solo OP class.
  8. uk6999 Augur

If they ever nerf charm at low levels then they need to increase xp gains by about 50% for TLP. I think everyone knows the joy of riding the enc train in a group. Grouping without an enc was the pits on Cornaiv. Although the slow xp there eventually made me quit the server. Anyway more power to the people wanting to play encs in groups and help people level.
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

Pretty much all signs from the community point to removing the grind from leveling up. Just think what the community is going to say when new Coirnav'esque exp servers come out going forward... pretty much they'd need to sell the title and that's the only way some players would come back.
  10. Hadesborne Augur

Let's be real here. In classic, a good necro doesn't need any of you. As a necro, I will get better XP and camp more spots that your sad groups with your crappy players. THAT is what makes a necro #1. The fact that they are as good as an enchanter in groups (but why would they group when they can hold the camp solo and not have to roll on the loot) and rediculously better than a chanter solo. On most raids, they out-DPS all other classes. From Classic to Velious is THE necro's time to shine. It was the time before the Devs buffed all the other classes in each expansion afterwards and left the necro out to dry.
    Dre. and Ckador like this.
  11. HoodenShuklak Augur

Can't disagree with a word you said.
  12. Soon Augur

The only class that matters is bard.
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

You know, bards need other classes to be the weak ones. Never forget that for you to win, you must make someone else lose.
  14. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Imagine if Daybreak brought it's priest classes into the 21st century and gave them toolkits that didn't make them quit the server within the first year.
  15. Pictarous Augur

Did you like EQ2's Inquis? I kinda did.
  16. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

A lot of EQ2s healers feel decent to play is the thing. You can heal a mob's target by simple casting the heal on the mob, you get spells that heal your group as a result of doing damage, and basically perma group buffs mean healers actually play for more than a few months.
  17. omgomg Lorekeeper

the UI could use some minor help to be sure

an additional raid frame to see others not in group and
    mouseover casting for healing would do amazing things
  18. taliefer Augur

RIP Vanguard Disciples and Blood Mages
    Dre. likes this.
  19. Renshu Augur

So we agree, people DO try to kill groups!

This is a mere assumption on your part. I never stated anything like this. I just thought your notion that people don't try to kill groups on a TLP was silly (as you just proved).

Good day!
  20. uk6999 Augur

I really do enjoy the bard class probably more than I should. I went monk on Cornaiv for the brief time i played there and I enjoyed that class as well however I played one just to pull. Problem was there was a s* ton of monks because they are the only decent mdps class at start. If they do fix/adjust and that's a big "if" the xp rates in a positive way to be more inline with playing on TLP I will likely play a bard again. They just have to many tools not to enjoy the class.

I also enjoy the shaman class but not until group buffs and mass group buffs down the line. Just cant see myself raid buffing in classic, kunark, etc. I remember hearing the sounds of dread/doom when raid half/full wiped from the clerics/shamans through discord.
  21. Agonybot New Member

There are 3 reasons I always main Enchanter.

1. I can carry any group no matter how big their tongues are.
    2. I get into groups almost instantly; sometimes I get messaged before the game actually loads into the world in classic, kunark, and velious.
    3. If everyone is annoying me with their mostly AFK selves I can just break out any device from the last 10 years and load up a box cleric and lock down a camp while watching a movie.

Basically Enchanters are #1 because they can make any group succeed.