Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Khalifa Kush, Jan 28, 2019.
Hope all you rogues plan on boxing an ENC, otherwise you ain't getting a group!
Fortunately I've always manged to find at least a few returning misinformed players that believe rogues are good dps from back in the day.
Correction......mages can root
I think some of you under value rangers in group tanking. Flame lick means they can hold serious agro whenever they want it and not have to hope their ssoy procs at the right time. Sure they die faster but can hold their own in most group content.
If you are ranking by group then Enchanter is kind of messed up for classic and several xpacs after. They are the only class I can think of that if you had 4 or 5 as long as you had a cleric you would solid as long as that Cleric was decent at reacting. Enchanter is the only class that can CC, has the best buff in classic, can main tank with pet and be the best DPS in the group.
Groups in Classic
1. Enchanter - by a mile
2. Cleric - Must have for CH on enc pets also most groups want decent rez if xp gains blow ie. see Cornaiv. No one wants to wipe and have no rez.
3. Tank - I dont think anyone is to worried about which plate class for group tanking. If you have enc pet in group then you really just need someone around with snap agro to pull the hate of the enc. Warriors do almost fully rely on weapon procs for taunt so if they are under geared they are the last choice. Rangers also fit here.
4. Bard / Monk - someone has to pull. Bard is more effective in group pulling imo. well much faster anyway. Good Bard can chain pull with decent group support. Good monk usually means less screw ups since they can drop other peoples trains that agro, roamers or just bad luck on pulls. You could agro that Monk is way better dps and it is but as a puller you should be spending most of your time chain pulling unless your group sucks and needs you as a DPS crutch. Not hating on Monks as they are superb melee DPS and the only solution for raid splitting bosses, etc.
5. DPS slots mage/necro. Necro would win in lguk. However mage has decent spell support for Encs when shaman isnt available.
6 Shaman. Slow and malo makes them nice but weak heals and no rez makes them ok but not great in classic.
Last - Wiz / Rogue / Druid
Wizards - dont really have the tools to keep sustained DPS rolling in classic although they can end bad fights very quickly as long as they dont pull agro.
Druids are mostly rolled in Classic to make money off ports. Talking about groups not raids. They do offer value in raid format.
Rogues in classic are for the die hards that dont want to start a rogue in kunark.
I know these posts are a lot of subjective ideas, but this post just seems really ...wrong
The entire premise of enchanters being no1 only applies to a casual server. Dispel exists. You're also playing a class that 123098123091238 other people are going to play and are going to be bored out of your mind pretty quickly.
Warriors are completely worthless in classic, anyone who says anything else is just dead wrong. They dont tank raid mobs, and they make tanks for group mobs.
Necros can train, FD, DA and dps as well as have pets. They are probally the overall number1 class for classic only.
Sks are the best group/raid tanks, and get FD/DA for classic.
If you want to play a melee dps in classic(lol) then you play a monk, picking anything else for classic melee dps is a joke, all caster dps>melee dps.
Rogues need a fix.
It's not. The OP asked for pre kunark ratings. This is correct prekunark, a lot changes in kunark.
What? Dispel only maters if you're a big KSing . Which Enchanters are the best at ofc.
Other people playing is is fine, the ideal group has 3 enchanters....
It's also the most complicated fun and intensive class. Necros are not the best in classic, but they are easily top 4.
Everyone should go in the rogue channel and warn people not to play rogue.
They should disable rogues.
ideal group has 3 enchanters? 1 monk with pumice stones can wipe that group in under 30 seconds without even training.
"Alexa, how do I delete someone else's post?"
Necros are top DPS on every raid mob besides Naggy... We are talking with BCG and WDC. While leveling in LGuk they are top DPS with 0 equipment. They can feign death, DA, root, mez and snare.. In classic they peak.. it's a downward slide after classic. Even a monk with two wu fists and Sky haste can't match a necro with BCG and WDC. When you get to kunark a well played necro can top parse on every mob in VP if they have the resists/bard in group. Can top parse on Trak as well. VS is not our fight because it is just a nuke fest that we can't really compete with.. If your SKs aren't top spot on that fight you should kick them from guild.
List based on an all around perspective rather then solely raid/xp group focused and if your talking single toon. With 2 box+Cleric/Chanter is broken OP in classic and Kunark
1) Necro. IDK why people sleep on this class but so many of the good Classic XP zones have charmable pets for them and they're much better all around then enchanters particular when it comes to farming and DPS races
3) Shaman. CH isn't that useful for most of classic
4) Druid. Same as shaman extra utility < CH
7) SK. Best all around tank
14) Beastlord even though they don't exist yet still better then rank 16
15) Zerker even though they don't exist yet still better then rank 16
16) Rogue Just straight up walking dead weight until Kunark
Okay? What's your point? We're trying to run an exp group not play train/grief fest.
The ideal group also doesn't have some idiot trying to wipe them for some reason...
In what universe are necros top dps in sky? The should be top in hate/fear ofc because they can charm, but for general grouping an enchanter is better since enchanter charm involves tash, they also bring clarity, and they can CC better, while necro dots won't work.
Enchanters can charm in sky... Also Vox? Phinny? Enchanters should win on these fights as well. Anyway I already said necros are third for the reasons you gave.
Have you ever tried to race someone for a named on a TLP?
an "ideal" group is going to be in an "ideal" spot where they will be facing competition. do you even play on TLP's?
Do you even play on TLP’s? Outside of Giants and Planes, an enchanter doesn’t die in classic.
oh god are you really going to try and coach me? LOL
bobby enchanters are very hard to kill!
Separate names with a comma.