Classic Cash Camps that aren't Efreeti etc

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sillyfish, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Sillyfish Elder

Hello. Been gathering advice and information and have settled on playing a Mage/Druid combination (never 2boxed before and wanted something different).

My knowledge of Classic era is pretty limited, I have much more experience with Kunark and Velious, and I wanted to ask if anyone knew of any decent cash camps, whether through good coin drops or gems or something.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking maybe Seafuries?
  2. Kahna Augur

Why would we share? So there can be one more person at our secret cash camp? (Not that any of the camps are secrets, some are just less in demand than others.)
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

"Hill giants" is pretty much the goto non-answer in this type of thread.
  4. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

EC tunnel, 1st 2-4 weeks just trading krono if you are good results is around 50 - 150 krono depending on population.

Then you can stop camping cash camps.... :D
  5. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

imo, just join groups and kill stuff. Cash is way easier to get on TLPs than it ever was in classic EQ. There's never any need to spend time specifically farming cash unless you want to fuel your account(s) with kronos or if you're desperate to wear best in slot gear like GEBs in classic.

Some ideas though if you really want to try to farm: Hooded Black Cloak, Ring of the Ancients multiquests, Idol of the Underking, Pegasus Feather Cloak (loot rights or multiquest for mage), Reed Belt/Pearl Kedge Totem, hill giants.
  6. BearmanSW Elder

Seafuries and Hill Giants are truly for the masochists. Just remember to SoW your pet and use long range bolt spells to hopefully get the kill. It's no secret these are cash cows early on.

There's always the wood elf girls in OOT who drop long swords...I used to like that camp but on Agnarr the secret got out and it was camped solid, mostly by AFK necros and mages running scripts. Hint - if you want to clear PCs out of the camp, train Styria Fearnon on them. I have videos of someone training her on me multiple times and I reported...but, apparently it's not a bannable offense, so go nuts. Be careful though, she has SOW speed and quads for 513 or so per hit...she'll one-round you almost every time.

Early on in the game, if you can find anything on short timers that drop fine steel, you can make a good buck. Expect kronos to hover under 1kpp for at least a month or two in. Most mobs are on 12-minute timers, so if you can find a couple that have FS weapons, you should be able to pull in over 100pp/hr.

Honestly though, as many have mentioned, especially if you're duo'ing a mage/druid, you don't need any gear...like ever. When Luclin comes out, you'll probably want mana regengear, but otherwise, mages are self sustaining.
  7. Numiko Augur

Guards are the best plat per hour producers, they often drop weapon, shields and stuff like ringmail or better armour that vendor well Just stay away from the newbie area ones, they are way over powered to help out newbs running to them.
  8. Lhelith Journeyman

9. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

All those poor Neriak guards that got slaughtered.
  10. Brunlin Augur

Spectres for the Scythes
  11. Poledo_EQ Elder

Sisters in Erollisi in OOT was always a good spot for 20's if you're not a goody two shoes.
  12. jeskola pheerie

Felwithe guards, north and south. They drop a 2h sword I believe every kill that vendors for 22p.
  13. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

That still instant re-spawn or was it changed?
    I'm just curious I know on LJ there was a boxer killing these 24/7 in a macro loop since re-spawn was instant
  14. Bewts Augur

Krono Trader is by far the most prestigious cash camp in classic.

Buy low, sell high.
  15. jeskola pheerie

I haven't done the camp since Vulak classic, and it was not instant respawn back then. There are something like 25 guards between north and south, though.
  16. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Could have sworn there is a guard in that zone that re-spawned the minute he/she died. Maybe I'm wrong.
  17. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

There was a triggered NPC for a quest in Felwithe that could be chain triggered with no cooldown. It always, or nearly always, dropped the 22p vendor sword. I cannot remember the name of the NPC. Someone posted the details on this forum last year, and the exploit was quickly shut down. Bobbybick also was bored enough to twitch stream people doing it for a while. I also forget the mechanism by which they fixed the exploit (noticing a trend with my memory here...) but it was indeed fixed somehow.
  18. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

- Clan RunnyEye drops that were added mid-2001 are now restricted to the unlocking of Velious. NPCs that drop Blackened Alloy items will drop Blackened Iron until Velious has unlocked.- Clan RunnyEye drops that were added mid-2001 are now restricted to the unlocking of Velious. NPCs that drop Blackened Alloy items will drop Blackened Iron until Velious has unlocked.
  19. Lhelith Journeyman

BAM (blackened alloy medallion) dropped regularly on agnarr at launch.
  20. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Won't be dropping any more on any TLP server until velious.... Good bye at least 10 - 20 mage afk farm bots