classe/race exp bonus and aa ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Greendav, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Greendav Lorekeeper

Hi,
    Does the bonus classe/race, warrior/halfing for instance, will also improve the aa exp ?

Thankx !
  2. Sebbina Augur

Probably, I don't pay a lot of attention to such things, as long as I can dawdle along, am happy.
  3. Greendav Lorekeeper

Well i m happy to know you are happy :)
    Any official rule or information concerning that point ?
  4. Jonny Panic Augur

Halflings get a +5% bonus to all xp. No other race gets a race or class bonus or penalty to xp.
  5. Recnarp Augur

Yes, the halfing race and warrior class experience stack.
  6. Stubar Augur

The bonus/penalty is really a moot point. Xp/AA comes faster than I can use it up, I'll even let corpses rot If I've just rebuffed after dying in a raid and still manage to be at full xp and then some within a couple of hours.
  7. Izcurly Augur

I don't think those bonuses/penalties ever applied to AA experience...only regular experience.
  8. Stubar Augur

It does, however I was just stating that xp in general comes easily. I did in fact say that I let corpses rot, and that falls into the regular XP realm and not AA xp.
  9. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Warriors and Rouges still get their 10% and 9.5% bonuses; as well as the Halflings getting the 5% bonus they stole. They only removed penalties. The Bonuses were not high enough for them to worry about and removing them would cause more problems than it would solve.

The bonus applies (and always has applied to) AAs as well as regular XP.
  10. Izcurly Augur

I disagree. I remember the days when all the class penalties and bonuses were in full effect. AA experience became the standard unit of comparison at the time between classes for various kills/tasks BECAUSE it wasn't affected by those class/race bonuses. There were no newbie AA bonuses to confuse the issue, either.

Easy enough to test in the modern game, assuming you used a warrior vs something else with enough AA to eliminate the newbie bonus factor. But I'll leave that for someone else, I don't need convincing.
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

With respect to AAs, maybe I was thinking of when you split between AAs and XP. The Bonuses and Penalties were not to the amount of XP you received, they were to the amount of XP required for you to gain a level (or an AA, from what I remember); only the fixes affect how much XP is received by those classes and races who have the penalties (they are still there; the fixes just counter their effects).
  12. Jonny Panic Augur

I guess that's what I get for never playing a Warrior or Rogue... this is the first I've ever heard of them getting xp bonuses.
  13. Ishtass Augur

I remember back in 2003 watching my friend get AA at a faster rate than I did, at the same level in the same group because of these bonuses/penalties. If what you're saying is true, it was for a short time before 2003. I'm finding it hard to believe it was different before 2003.
  14. Ladas-Rathe New Member

For a few weeks when Luclin was released, the experience "bonus" that was added to hybrids to offset the class penalty from release was inadvertently also being applied to AA. Perhaps the racial was as well, but I don't know. However, It was a noticeable difference in AA gain. It didn't last long, and of course, the rate of AA gain back then was much slower.