Class Tuning

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zolav, Jul 12, 2022.

1. Zolav Augur

Taken from the January "Roadmap" post..

Throughout the Year:
    Raid Zone Performance Improvements
    Class Tuning and Balancing
    Anti-Cheat Improvements

As a pure melee class I am curious when/if this "Class tuning and Balancing" is going to take place.
    I want to remain positive, I want to think the developers realize the large disparity in DPS there is amongst the classes.
    Genuinely curious... any insight/feedback would be great.

Thank you!
    Whipalox, Fenthen, Tolzol and 3 others like this.
  2. Zolav Augur

3. Slasher Augur

They did tuning when they "fixed" dicho lines to only activate once lowering zerker dps even more.

I don't want to call for nerfs but its a whack a mole game when you keep inflating npc hp it needs to stop.
    Zolav likes this.
  4. Tucoh Augur

Class tuning guide:
    • Delete 90% of weapon procs
    • Delete 90% of swarm pets
    • Delete the most unused ~30% of spells/disciplines for each class
    • Incrementally adjust base values of spells/aas/disciplines until people are whining equally
    Fenthen and Metanis like this.
  5. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Glorious!

minimind likes this.
  6. Slasher Augur

^^^
    Swarm pets and procs gone would also greatly improve server performance.
    Metanis and minimind like this.
  7. Wulfhere Augur

No thanks. I like my paladin's situational spells and abilities like: Lay Hands, Divine Aura, Sense Undead, Holyforge, Deflection, Remove Greater Curse, etc.. In fact much of the point of a paladin is to handle unusual conditions and save the day. I'm sure other classes have their own niches that enrich the game play and fun factor. A wizard without Evacuate? Nope.

Your statement might as well say "Delete least played 30% of classes".
  8. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Don’t forget that magnificent /alt act 76
  9. Tolzol Augur

They are tuning melee classes into retirement or main changes one patch at a time np.
    Whipalox, Zolav and Riou like this.
  10. MacDubh TABLES!!!

*** AA ***

- Archetype - Sympathetic Amplification - Added a new 7-rank passive AA available to Druids, Enchanters, Magicians, Necromancers, Rangers, Shaman, and Wizards that increases the base effectiveness of spell-triggered magical effects from equipped weapons and augments by a percentage. Rank 1 of this new AA can be purchased at level 80, if the Underfoot expansion is unlocked, and all ranks are eligible for auto-grant.
    - Bard - Focus - Troubadour's Synergy - Fixed an issue that prevented Troubadour's Synergy Effect from removing Troubadour's Synergy upon triggering. Also fixed an issue that caused Troubadour's Synergy to interact unexpectedly with Necromancer's Necrotize Ally.
    - The Bard and Shadow Knight AAs Funeral Dirge and T`Vyl's Resolve have seen unsustainable growth over the last several expansions. As a result, both spells are now notably more powerful than is healthy for overall class balance. The following changes have been made to bring these spells back in line.
    - - Funeral Dirge
    - - - Increased the maximum duration of the base spell at max rank to 66 seconds
    - - - Made the base spell unresistable
    - - - Reduced the incoming melee damage debuff of the base spell at ranks 23-26 to 22%
    - - - Increased the fade damage of the Shrieking Death proc across ranks 1-22 to a maximum of 35,000 damage
    - - - Reduced the fade damage of the Shrieking Death proc across ranks 23-26 to a maximum of 75,000 damage
    - - T`Vyl's Resolve
    - - - Reduced the reuse time of the base spell at max rank to 8 minutes
    - - - Increased the damage of the initial melee skill attacks across all ranks to a maximum of 900 damage per attack
    - - - Made the Weakness proc unresistable
    - - - Increased the incoming melee damage debuff of the Weakness proc at ranks 1-2 to 16% and 18%
    - - - Reduced the incoming melee damage debuff of the Weakness proc at ranks 4-7 to 20%
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Tucoh Augur

You rarely use Divine Aura, Holyforge, Deflection? Change that bullet point to "delete the spells that nobody uses", because those spells exist.
    Qimble likes this.
  12. Tucoh Augur

Also

• Delete wizards, berserkers and clerics
    Metanis and Nennius like this.
  13. Viper1 Augur

They took care of all the cheaters so at least EQ is fully cheat free now. 1 out of 3 aint bad so lets give them some credit.

what's that? There are still dirty, dirty cheaters all over the place? Whelp, 0 out of 3 is still pretty good about what we should have expected all along.
    Zolav likes this.
  14. Viper1 Augur

warriors and rogues, too. Anything not-hybrid needs to go
    Metanis likes this.
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

After reading through all of this. One conclusion seems alarmingly obvious. All classes save one are becoming superfluous. It is time...

/drum roll please

For the Age of the Paladins to come forth!!!

All are permitted to bow before the inexorable logic of Brell as his mighty command spews out and reeks havoc on the entire land and on all of the the lesser classes.
    Zolav likes this.
  16. Wulfhere Augur

Yes because of long refresh times they are like < 10% of my casts, as I'm sure you figured out ;)
  17. kizant Augur

10% of your casts is a lot though. I'm sure they mean things you rarely use. For my class, I have spell lines that haven't been useful in 15 years or some spells I bring out every 3 expansions for 1 fight. The majority of my spells are useless.
    Qimble, Metanis, Yinla and 1 other person like this.
  18. Bigstomp Augur

Could use a little more of this. At least on bristle mobs are rubber banding pretty good. Golems in Aten Ha Ra and shades in the floor during Shei can be pretty interesting as well.

Swarm commander rubber banded at least 4 times tonight trying to move him about 40 feet.
    Zolav likes this.
  19. Tucoh Augur

Whow whow whow, but I main a warrior, so they can stay.
  20. minimind The Village Idiot

[IMG]
    Metanis and Tucoh like this.