Class suggestions for an old timer?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Gungnire, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Gungnire New Member

Hi all, I used to play a Ranger from 1999-2006 when Blizzard released the big patch prior to their first expansion. Now I'm back and I'm trying to get reacquainted with the game. I logged into my Ranger and hardly recognized anything. I'm thinking about starting anew after reading about how easy it is to level now (compared to before) but I'm not sure what class fits what I'm looking for anymore.

I'm looking for a class that can solo well and group/raid effectively; I know a Ranger can do that but I heard they're overpopulated and I'm looking for something new. I'm not into casters so I'm assuming that shoots my ideal class down. I was actually looking at playing a SK but I was told they're terrible at soloing until the very high levels.

Help? :3
  2. Borek-VS Augur

SKs are ok at soloing until 70+ (and then they are good); no class is exactly bad at soloing once you add a merc. I won't suggest a class, but I'll just say that you could try picking something at random and see how it works out for you - after all, you can always try a different class.
  3. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

4. Draconic Journeyman

Hello Gungnire,

We over at Progression X could use a good ranger. We are a casual progression raiding guild on Trakanon currently in PoP (lvl 65 cap).

For more information visit our site, send me a PM or /tell Draconic, Burp, Raynard or Nemo in game!
  5. jarsh92 Elder

I wouldn't completely give up on casters. My main has been a bard since 01, but the mage I rolled about 4 months ago is very fun to play. At later levels with a good pet focus items mages are very fun to play and see what mobs you can solo/pet tank.

Just something to consider, or hell just roll a bard, they are fun too!
  6. Elricvonclief Augur

I wouldn't write off the ranger, there is a reason they're so popular.

If you'd like something different, try out the classes to find one you'd enjoy. All classes are viable at the higher level for raiding/grouping. Some classes might take a bit longer to get in some raiding guilds, but openings do show up.

Welcome back!
  7. Symbius Augur

You seem to gravitate towards the hybrid area.

I'd recommend a Beastlord if you don't want to go with the Ranger. They can solo pretty well and get very nice buffs that groups / raids like. Their DPS isn't too bad these days either.