Class suggestion for Molo Classic raid content

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Crowknight, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Crowknight New Member

Hey I need some help looking for class that can tackle some of the older raids such as Kedge keep, Venril Sathir, Sleeper's Tomb etc.

I'm open to most classes but the only classes I don't want to paly are Necro, Bard, Beast, and for Beast and Bard I'm kind of burnt out on Beast I'm burnt out on playing that class and for Bard I just don't want to play a Bard right now

I prefer not to box
  2. Vumad Cape Wearer

I don't know the answer to your question but few classes are in a better molo place than the SK, especially once slow proc belts are available.
  3. Crowknight New Member

what i was trying to ask was I'm looking tackle the games older raids from previous expansions and such I'm looking for a class that can
    1. Handle Raid bosses with little issue
    2. I just want to stick with a Merc since I'm not fan of Boxing
    3. Finally I would prefer class that isn't AA heavy it's easy to gear up
  4. Qelil Augur

I recently killed Venril Sathir with a level 85 Wizard in his heroic gear. I didn't have a merc out. I was actually in the vicinity because I was after a Swarmcaller for my ranger alt. I got bored and wandered around killing stuff and not even remembering he was there... anyway, he was cake for an 85 Wizard solo and I think he actually dropped something for the Wizard epic 1.0 if I recall correctly or maybe it was something else in zone that I happened on. I forget now.

Anyway, enough of that but my intention was to point out that for stuff that old you can play whatever you want I have a feeling and be just fine. Since it sounds like you aren't keen on gearing a plate tank maybe you would like trying out a Mage with a healer merc? I could see doing quite nicely in old content with a Mage but the harder stuff you want to do, the more you will need pet AA and of course the all important pet focus earring for whatever level your Mage is.

The problem I could foresee with a mage pet vs a plate tank though is what happens if the raid mob spawns a ton of adds? I guess you just have to make sure your mage is high enough level to deal with that while killing them all off. I am remembering now a raid mob I soloed somewhere in PoP for the Phylactery Will Get You Nowhere (Robe of the Oracle) quest where the mob spawns a very large number of adds in a crowded area. Sorry I forget now what mob that was. My 40 necro has all the drops for the quest banked now and is wearing the robe I had to get him somewhere in Velious as well. I just haven't gotten around to doing it with him yet. He needs to be higher level anyway I believe.

I do agree with Vumad that an SK with healer merc would be an excellent choice. SK just has so much going for them. I am leveling one now and really enjoy playing him with just a merc, visiting old places and doing hot zones. He's 63 now with 600+ autogrant AA in full defiant gear (woo-hoo!) and I did get him Vaniki's slowing weapon, Edge of Envelopment and I forget what else but anyway taking on yellow con Gates of Discord mobs he has no problem at all including when I screw up and pick up adds. Of course, you can simply FD then but he doesn't need to. I rolled a gnome of all races because at the time it struck me funny. It still does. I have to admit though, every time a frontal stun annoys me I wish he was an Ogre.

Ultimately for the content you are talking about you can probably play whatever you want and autogrant AA will be plenty and gear isn't a big deal either within reason of course.