Class/Race/Deity questions..

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hexsim, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Hexsim New Member

Haven't played in a bit, so I did a search for some of this stuff but most of the replies are rather old and possibly outdated..

For one, thinking about making an SK alt on Live (my main is 98 Bard) - and it seems the general consensus for a while was "Ogre is best, hands down" but now not so much? Does this really not matter anymore, and if not why? Is there an AA that gives adequate stun immunity or something?

Or does Ogre illusion still give racial stun immunity (did actually ever?) Personally I'd much prefer Dark Elf as the base race, as cliche as it is for looks nowadays, but I'm open to suggestions.

Second.. if I make an Enchanter, does Race or Deity matter much? Was thinking High Elf, again solely for looks and I guess just always felt like the two went well together.. but what about deity? I've read some people say agnostic is best, but does it really matter anymore? And if not what's the most common (non-agnostic) pick for them?

Last question.. are Druids good healers? How do they compare to Shamans? And does one need a lot more AA to work in a 2-3 box?
  2. minimind The Village Idiot

• Yes, AAs provide adequate stun immunity eventually.
    • I don't recall illusion ever providing stun immunity.
    • Dark Elf is fairly popular. I think the least popular is gnome or troll.
    • Enchanter race doesn't matter so much, nor deity.
    • Druids have the better burst/direct heals while shamans have the better heals over time. Both can DPS pretty solid when they focus on it. I prefer to play shaman over druid because of the melee DPS boosts/buffs.
  3. Hexsim New Member

Thanks! that answered all my questions perfectly. I just have one more quick one, if you or anyone else could answer it..

If Shamans are considered a "melee buff/support" class.. is there a caster buffer/support class? I have read that Druids "synergize" well with casters, is this due to some kind of buff they have themselves, or some manner of increasing caster damage in some way or what?

Or is most caster buffs just solely done by Enchanters?
  4. minimind The Village Idiot

Enchanters, bards, and druids compliment casters well.
  5. Tegila Augur

Previously not mentioned, there's also drakkin sk. One advantage drakkins have for the class is the breath ability, which is quesred but extremely easy to max. AE debuff/nuke/dot, with the resist determined by the deity dragon.

Far as other races, honestly don't think I have ever seen an ogre so, or it was so long ago I can't remember lol. Trolls once in a while, gnomes more often. Don't forget about iksars either. An advantage to gnomes of course being for tradeskills: tinkering, but that's regardless of class.
    code-zero likes this.
  6. Wyndar Journeyman

With druids, it is mostly their auras that add a DD proc, and Skin which will be adding mana regen.
    With enchanters, again it is their auras, several to choose from, and mana regen/mana buffs
  7. Owl56 Elder

As a chanter main, deity matter. Choose agnostic and whatever race you choose, your illusion will permit you to interact with any town. Choose and evil deity and your illusion will not be enough.