Class question luclin and beyond.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by superman, Jun 15, 2016.

1. superman Augur

Got a 60 wiz on phinigel, was fun on raids but was not good sustained dps for group setting. Going into Luclin I'm probably just going to play the group game. I've never played past velious.

I know it's not suppose to be its forte (sustained dps) but I've heard on live they are best sustained and burst dps hence the question for luclin and beyond, or will I still have to make my own group every single time.

so, does the wizard class get more competitive in the sustained dps group game with horsies and crit aa's compared to other classes? or...

Should i switch main to Bard to get groups easier.?

I'm not interested in ench/cleric/tank I figured the bard class would be the next easiest to get groups. correct that assuption if i'm wrong.

Thanks for any input guys.
  2. Toodles Elder

AE group aa grinding, have fun
  3. DariyaVika Augur

As a bard it's very easy to get groups, even if the group already has an enchanter. If the group has no enchanter, they'll definitely want you. If a group has an enchanter, they can focus on charm pet dps while you work on pulls and stack your mana and haste songs with clarity and enchanter haste.

I think wizards are pretty awesome for groups though. They're not bombing all the time, but in the event of an overpull with difficult to mezz mobs, they can burn one or two down very fast to help get things under control. They can also knock down a named mob that's eating up a paper tank, and there seem to be a lot of papertanks who never read up on how to gear for ac/hp over str/dex.
  4. superman Augur

Glad to hear it's easy for bards to get groups, I figured so they stack well with everything.... Thanks for the input guys. I put a few Ae groups together in seb, everyone was real hesitant to do them though, they all worked out very well when they got rolling. Hopefully people plan to grind that way more in luclin.
  5. fastboy21 Augur

Wizards go and down in various expansions. In Luclin, if you have your AA in the right places, wizards can be very good in groups. Also, porting remains important in Luclin even with the spires. Evacs are still evening savers when you group is wiping. So some utility there too.

Raid wizards (and all classes really) get FAR more powerful than non-raiding counterparts. The gap between gear levels in luclin and on gets very wide, especially if you don't have AA. Over all, if you like the class you'll be fine.
  6. Poydras Augur

In Luclin there's probably going to be a lot more AE groups as the lvl 60's go back to grinding on their mains rather than alts. In PoP there's also kite groups. Wizards are high demand in those at least.

I never found bards to be particularly great at getting groups. Probably better than wizards though. I'd rank shamans above other classes after the holy trinity for group desirability. Probably mages around there too. I'd also put melee dps above bards too frankly.
  7. Aenoan Augur

I want to add, wizards get some pretty awesome tools, when I came back to the game for Underfoot, I a wizard solo almost every instance to unlock Convorteum. I didn't have to do a thing, though he had to fire up enchanter box for Volska's Husk, it's been awhile and I haven't seen him in awhile but, I would never discount a good wizard.
  8. superman Augur

Really? every group i had with a good bard chain pulling seemed to go smoother and faster than comparable setups with just an extra dps. with or without an ench... guess everyone see's the game a little different in the end..