Class Power vs AA count

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by kyong, Mar 2, 2018.

1. kyong Augur

Hey anyone else feel that some classes are seriously being left out in the AA count? When we're talking 10,000 aa's (guess, but close?) between something like a max rogue and sk / ranger / BL we're talking about that much potential for a class to shine.

Can't I at least crit my rogues healing potion when I drink it or extend it? Jeez!
  2. segap Augur

AA count means nothing. There's so much junk AA that do absolutely nothing. Yes, some classes have far more AA they can earn. In some cases, some is useful for classes with more utility or a greater multitude of skill sets. For others, more AA just means more junk (look at 100 AA per Wizard focus for never used spells).

The only thing that could possibly come out of this is making ranks of useful stuff more expensive for the classes that have fewer areas that AA could be given. Which would in turn mean it will take those classes longer than those with more varied AA to reach their core strength each expansion.
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

AA counts really do mean nothing. Rangers have a higher count than say Warriors, Monks or Rogues because we have AA's lines for spells, melee, bow, healing and the various utility stuff we have that Warriors, Monks and Rogues don't.
  4. Cicelee Augur

My AA is bigger than your AA so...
  5. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

A higher AA count just means more work for the same result.
    fransisco likes this.
  6. Ninelder Augur

The higher AA count is due to the devs spending more time developing some classes more than others. In some cases it may be due to them actually playing the classes, in others it may be that they gave the squeakiest wheel the grease. Today with AA costing 100s or more I hardly think it matters
  7. Ghubuk Augur

If anything, classes with higher aa count should be able to do more due to having to put in a lot more effort to get all their aa's. (Of course this will never happen due to all the cries for nerfs when a class appears to have an advantage over another). In fact, I suspect that in the original eq, the idea behind hybrids was that they would be somewhat stronger due to having to get so many more aa's than pure classes.
  8. Xikteny Augur

[IMG]
    Sancus and Venaki like this.
  9. Ghubuk Augur

OK, in the sense that hybrids in the beginning had a experience penalty which for a long after aa's came out (which they also required many more of) were still affected.
  10. fransisco Augur

Classes with lower counts are luckier.
    They get all the AA improvements but dont need to grind as many AA.
  11. Sindaiann Augur

My AA count brings all the girls to the yard

And they're like, it's bigger than yours

Damn right it's bigger than yours
  12. Zalamyr Augur

I don't think it has anything to do with a conscious effort by the devs. Classes that cover more archetypes have more AAs. Hybrids like SK have a ton because they have AAs for DoTs, nukes, heals, melee, tanking, and pets. A class like, wizard, for example, has no need for DoT, pet, tanking, or melee AAs, so it ends up with less. Hybrids always tend to have the most because of this. If wizards for some reason had pets and needed to get the hundreds of ranks of the companion lines, their AA counts would jump as well.
    fransisco and Slippry like this.
  13. menown Augur

Shaman ........ 38940
    Shadowknight 38807
    Beastlord ...... 37476
    Necromancer 37465
    Ranger .......... 35968
    Magician ....... 34968
    Paladin ......... 34489
    Bard .............. 33370
    Druid ............. 33187
    Wizard .......... 33046
    Enchanter ..... 32990
    Monk ............. 32049
    Rogue ........... 31318
    Cleric ............. 30996
    Berzerker ...... 30869
    Warrior .......... 27949

Continue with your speculations now.
  14. Zalamyr Augur

The only thing I find a bit interesting about that is how low warrior is relative to the other melees.
  15. shiftie Augur

I have just at 20k which is 14k less than shennron said is max for a paladin. And my toon is fully functional. I’m still grinding to 110 and then I’ll switch back to aa and that number will climb as I purchase the ros upgrades. But I could not buy another aa and still be more powerful than content.
  16. Ghubuk Augur

Aye, they get to full power so much faster.
  17. Angahran Augur

If you want to spend another 10k AA to get possibly a 0.000000000000000000000000001% increase in 'power' I'm sure a dev will be happy to cut and past you another few levels of pointless AAs.
    Chopin.Xegony likes this.
  18. Zhaunil_AB Augur

No.
    Especially since you are comparing a "pure" class to hybrid ones - apples and pears.
  19. Siddar Augur

AA come in general types healing, nuking, dotting, pets, tanking, melee damage and maybe one are two more. If your class draws from limited number of those categories like warrior then you will have total AA amount that is low. If your class draws from many of types of AA like shadow knight then they will have a large amount of AA.

Certain class gain more from same AA as others say mage versus enchanter. Both take many exact same pet AA, but the mage gets allot more out them than does enchanter.
  20. Tatanka Joe Schmo

What are you, an orangist? You'll be hearing from the NAAOP!!