Class merges?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Time Burner 2, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Necro1 Journeyman

This is never going to happen, stop asking
  2. segap Augur

You're doing something wrong if a raid geared warrior needs three healer mercs. My merc tank just needs one. I did have a real cleric for the Arx missions, but all the rest of TDS progression and several named were all done with 1 tank merc and 1 healer merc. Real healers are much, much better, but to claim the need for three mercs is way out there.

Please no instances with more currency. Currency is boring and allows you to chose the easiest targets to farm to get items you're after. Even if you have to kill a named once or finish a mission once to unlock an item, you can still shortcut the greater challenges to get the rare drop or get multiple once you unlock a single time.
  3. Leex Pewpewer

Merge classes? That's just silly.

:cool:
  4. Makavien Augur

What class are you ? I don't trust them and no i dont do anything wrong they just stink at anything with debuffs and aes.. I said the higher tds zones that's combine and arx I use 2 everywhere else. I also pull 3 + trash at a time so 1 would kill the group in 10 secs. Several named are not all of the named either considering theres what 7 zones ? What if you have to do them all to get the items to full stats then you can't just farm one. Think outside the box. Also the best rewards were from completing the entire expansions in cotf and tds so your logic is kinda flawed.
  5. Reval Augur

The real issue you are bringing up but don't realize you are bringing up is the large gap in power and skill that you can achieve in people that want to do end game content. Even as far back as DH groups, a great group can pop lesson right before the final hail of the first mission, and then do the second and third missions during that lesson, sometimes with upwards of 7 minutes to spare, and a bad group will take almost a half hour per each mission. Raid gear has an effect, AA's have an effect, and skill has an effect, and the variance in these can be amazing.

Your issue is probably that you're at the low end of this spectrum. I could be wrong, maybe it is something else. If you are a dps class, get gamparse and try to parse yourself and improve. See how you stack up vs a caster dps merc if your tank has the aggro for one, because generally to me those seem to do much more dps than the melee versions. Can you beat a merc at what your class does for your level? If you can't then you were honestly probably levelling too fast, and don't really have the experience of playing your class that one would need to play it sufficiently in a group. You could take the slow and easy route of just aa'ing until you're stronger than the merc, but really I bet if you focus hard on learning how to play your class well, you can beat a merc even with just the autogrant aa's and some group gear for your level. This easily holds true for healers as well. The only class type I am not sure about in this area is tanks, but it's frankly because the tanks I generally group with were geared ages ago.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  6. Necromonious Augur

Em23 earth pet (highest em) cannot tank 3 lv106+ TDS T3 mobs at once for more than ~10seconds before dying (unless I use activateable AA's, which will prolong this) with just 1 healer merc on reactive, so 1/3 a healer sounds about right.

I go dual healer mercs and wipe with them even on cotf missions, rarely (usually the last mission of progression or HA progression). For example, one the boss fired two 60k directional aoe's in a row and the healer merc(s) were standing in front of the boss. I couldn't put them on passive and move them w/o losing my tank - wipe. Also had a wipe where I wasn't getting dispels (do they even dispel players at all?) and the dot from mission boss was doing too much dmg and spawning adds on us b/c it wasn't getting cured. Wiped once on xulous because they stood in the way of the beams

Their weak healing and inflexibility is limiting. Is it possible still? Sure. But it's riskier and more of a hassle, with 1 healer merc
  7. Xanathol Augur

So by that post, your pet can tank 2 level 106 mobs at once with a healer merc just fine... smh.
  8. segap Augur

You need to choose your battles better based on your group/skill. If you're boxing a necro and a mage (as you've previously stated), however, you should be able to handle three TDS t3 mobs when you accidentally get three. Mage pet on one, rs on one and necro pet on the third. There's also the third o's**t pet that a mage can pop to help in bad situations as well as necro swarm pets to distract one. Between mage pet heals, necro pet heals and cleric merc, you should be fine. I do get a good laugh every time you complain that you might have to use an activated AA in various threads.

Your other issues in cotf missions can be mitigated with better choices of where to fight and other strategy. Put some thought in to things and not expect to click one button to win.
  9. Necromonious Augur

It depends. T3 mobs go up to red-con, lev 107-108. Also, warrior types seem to do the most dps. With 2 yellow, or yellow/red, if one is a warrior-type (can tell by the damage and hp), it gets very dicey. I don't run 1 merc because if I have to back up or re-position a pet tank, and that merc was standing too close to even one t3 mob, that merc is dead. The second merc is not only to heal the tank but to heal the 1st merc in a hairy situation. I have a lot of times had issues where mobs can't get to my box crew immediately, and they run along a wall or ramp building up healing aggro, then the game resolves the issue by teleporting the mob on top of the target on its hate list (which by then is my healer merc). The game will not allow a mob to be aggro'd and out of reach, it will assume we are exploiting pathing and teleport the mob on top of us. That's a insta-dead merc if there's just 1.

Moral of the story is em23 is a beast, but 2 mercs is just safer
  10. Necromonious Augur

You don't know anything about how I play and fight. I know all this, I do all this. I can peel a mob immediately with swarms or necro PP (or companion of necessity which I regularly use), I can split before I pull, I can offtank the Necro pet, or I can simple shut the mage's dps off and spam AA and heal with mage. I was merely pointing out the weak healing of a single merc, as a player healer could heal through that situation almost indefinitely, barring big Spikes. I have tanked pulls of 5 yellow/red con TDS mobs with 1 healer merc due to fast reactions with 2 swarms, Necro pet offtank, a root, and heavy Dps cooldowns. It's not something I enjoy doing on the regular

Do you really think I am using an example of a controlled situation to point out healing-potential as an indicator of how I play? I don't assume you just fight training dummies in your GH all day either

I get a good laugh at your misplaced wanna-be elitism. Lastly I never read an encounter on zam unless it kills me. I don't mind dying or having to reset a fight, reminds me of the challenge of this game. A few missions and HA's can really surprise you if u do not read them. Also, keeping Internet tabbed while running a box setup lags my old school machine to hell, heh
  11. Necromonious Augur

Before anyone else wants to epeen about what they can do with 1 merc, I would ask, why even upgrade your merc from apprentice? Why wear prestige gear? Surely u can do all of EQ as F2P with ur skillz

I saw a Necro in group gear solo all of TDS to thuliasaur. All of it, with 1 healer merc. He had to split every pull, read every encounter, and some missions he said took hours even if everything went right. That's great, but that's not me, that's not what I enjoy, but I'm not about balance saying im underpowered either.

I'm merely saying that a healer merc is stupid, and about 1/3 of a player healer. These are facts, and how you believe I play is irrelevant
  12. Xanathol Augur

I'm more concerned that one piece of gear and a spell can tank as well or better than my SK... I'm all for pet classes having useful pets, etc - I just expect a equivalently scaled power to PCs..
  13. Orbital101 Augur

to the OP Every class as there use and a spirit to offer. If you can not see it then that class is not for you but it doesnt mean it is the same for everyone else.
  14. Necromonious Augur

You're a bit late with that obvious class envy. You might be able to dig up some of the old pet nerf crusade threads and try to start that crusade again. Or quit or roll a mage? You think pet tanking is the end all be all? It can be as frustrating as anything else, and I've seen SK's tank multiples with no healer do a few mins
  15. Xanathol Augur

It's comments like yours that tick people off. I clearly stated I'd like PC powered improved accordingly. But with replies like yours, I certainly wouldn't shed a tear if they went the other way with that.
  16. Ravengloome Augur

OMG he said EM23 bro. That's raid focii.
    Elricvonclief, Silv and Sancus like this.
  17. Silv Augur

Which also suggests that he is [probably] all raid geared too! Which means comparing that to "normal" gameplay is foolish :p

People making wild assumptions or nerf calls based on stuff out of any context or just acting like everyone in the game is raid geared (and should be tuned accordingly) is kindof ridiculous.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Sancus like this.
  18. Stephen51 Augur

In D & D, (or was it AD& D) you character could take on a secondary class (Warrior-Mage? No problem).
    With where the game is with Levels and AA at the moment, I liked this idea for EQ, but considering the current state of class balance/envy/hate, I shudder to think what adding a second class would do.

But consider for a second, how could it be handled?

Maybe you would limit the classes you could choose from. So maybe a warrior could only pick from the Caster classes, for example.

Maybe also limit the max level of the secondary class to say half the level of your main class (So your 105 Warrior-Mage could only summon a lvl 52 pet).

Even with this watered down version you would probably need to bar certain spells and abilities of the secondary class with the main class as the combination of abilities would make you uber-over powered.
  19. Necromonious Augur

It's comments like yours that are literally not allowed, that's why I responded rudely. Since forever, class envy and nerf-herding type posts have been met with usually defensive, rude reactions, and as such are generally not accepted on the forums. In my opinion, pointing out in an accusatory way how a class performs, then saying it was a request to be brought up to it's level, is like saying "no offense but" and then insulting someone. We know what you meant
  20. Xanathol Augur

I'm pretty sure Raven's comment was tongue in cheek. If you cannot see the issue with 1 item (as if being a raid drop matters) + spell + AA == as good or greater as a tank, much less with CotF T1 gear, then there is no help for you - any thoughts of 'under geared' shows a complete lack of understanding of the point. Tanking 1 yellow con in Thulisaur with only a healer merc is dicey - two even with discs is eventful, oft leading to death. PC tanks - least knights, to my knowledge, need a power gain if pet tanks are so effective.
    Xeladom and Elricvonclief like this.