Class for the Long Haul on Coirnav

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Everdork99, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Risiko Augur

After thinking about it, I can see why it means more to you than it does to me at this time. You're on Phinigel which is 3 expansions away from House of Thule right? I'm on Coirnav, and we won't see House of Thule until the year 2022. It's not even on the horizon for me right now. That's why I would be happy just to get to House of Thule. When we are closer to it, my opinion may change, and I might be more inclined to want to see the post-HoT content.

It's all perspective.
  2. VandilIzer Augur

Back to the OP's point, Shaman is your best bet for a nice duo class. If you wanna 2 box for raids Cleric to go with your warrior.
  3. Machentoo Augur

Correct. We are only about seven months away from House of Thule.
  4. a_librarian Augur

It sounds like you are talking about only playing a single character and not asking about what class you would box along with your warrior?

Multi-boxing is really common and one way people have adapted to low pop servers, but it's not fun for everyone and costs extra on the TLPs. For pure solo power, I think shaman, necro or mage are the top choices. Don't worry about the population of the classes now, things will constantly be changing and if you enjoy the class you'll roll with the changes.

I also think Beastlords eventually become very powerful solo after being mediocre for a while after their introduction.

Bottom line for self sufficiency: if you enjoy heal/buff/debuff role go shaman, if you like DPS/utility go necro
  5. Raltar Augur

If you want to make sure you always have a class that will be welcome on raids, go cleric, shaman or bard. Guilds will always find room for those classes on raids.
  6. Boze TLP complaint factory

Beastlord. Can solo super well. Useful in raids. Fun and effective without having to box. Has some awkward growing phases, really starts to shine around Omens/DoN, and just gets better with every expac. If Coirnav goes like Phinny you'll have ~8 Beastlords per guild through PoP, and then like 0-2 per guild after Omens.
  7. Dilf Augur

Our 78 warder is fricking amazing. With the increasing power of Enhanced Minion V+ coming our way, I can't imagine playing another class from here on out (except my SK haha).
  8. Mrjon3s Augur

luclin isnt even out yet.
  9. Boze TLP complaint factory

Class for the Long Haul on Coirnav
    See post title.
  10. Goodkitty Augur

Beastlord is the best class in the game
    Boze likes this.
  11. a_librarian Augur

I miss the troll gator pets
    Boze likes this.
  12. Hinastrom Elder

I realllly wish Bsts weren't a joke for a few expansions when they become available, I would 100% main one. But Alas, early eq balance issues, feelsbadman.
  13. Goodkitty Augur

I haven't played an expansion where they were a joke. MoTM shuts them off because of the agro. If a mob can take both dots the beast will parse competitively in any expansion.