Class-armor charms

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jumbur, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Jumbur Improved Familiar

It is my understanding, that charms that increases in power as you complete you class-armor of visibles, only improves with sets from the current expansion. This change was made, as the devs didn't want those charms to be trivially maxed with just having visibles from previous expansions.

However it is also my impression that those charms will eventually decrease in power again when I upgrade my visibles in the next expansion, effectively making the charm-stats quite poor early in the next expansion. An undesired side-effect, that has made me hesitate acquiring a class-armor charm. :confused:

I was thinking, what if we made those charms increase in power as you complete an achievement: "complete your class-armor-set". Once that achievement has been completed, the charm will forever stay maxed.
    Would that workaround work?
  2. Gialana Augur

Those charms have always been confusing to me since they've only said they increase in power as you wear more class-specific armor. Does this mean you gain more statistics if you equip your epic or if you can find class-specific non-visibles? Or do you max out the charm if you have the 8-visibles, but only if they're class-specific not archtype-specific? That complete my side tracking.

I think RoS is the first time this type of charm has required the latest expansion armor to improve the charm's statistics. When RoS released, the new charms had the same old text about just requiring class-specific armor. The description was incorrect and has since been changed to say that the armor needs to be from RoS. So I do wonder if that means the next expansion's armor won't count or if the text will be changed.

Your idea is interesting, but maybe it doesn't go far enough, and DBG may not currently be able to tie a charm's stats to the achievements window (I don't know). For instance, if for some reason I only ever got 6 RoS visible armor pieces before I started upgrading to the next expansion's armor (if that will even be possible based on the new precedent), then I wouldn't have completed the achievement, but I'd still want my charm to retain it's stats. The path I hope they take is to make it so the charms work with RoS or later armor.
  3. Zvenn Just an old monk

just go get the jeweled skull of null, its better stats once maxed off VP hunters/raids, has an effect that cant be topped, and you dont have to worry about it losing stats next expansion :) plus its ridiculously easy to obtain
    EnchFWO, Zaviere and svann like this.
  4. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Previous ones would increase in stats past the 8 Visibles. During CoTF I think it was with the class specific rare shoulders, I was able to increase my Charm using that and the Alchemy trophey. I think it might of went even higher when I equipped epic, but I'm not positive on that. So at least 10 items would all give stats to it. I believe they have been changed previously to where it maxed out at 8 or 9 items, but with the new RoS version it will cap at 8 items.
    Gialana likes this.