Clamor of Claws

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Brosa, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Brosa Augur

Please...if there is a god... please adjust the vertical/elevation (or what ever you want to call it) range of the disc. It gets agro from floors above and below all the time. I know, before you /flame on, that I just need to adjust the times I use it, but I've played several classes over the years and Clamor of Claws takes the cake in the ae world.
  2. Recnarp Augur

I actually... don't think this is possible.
  3. Izcurly Augur

(It's a Beastlord short-range directional 3-target AE, for those who don't know what he's talking about.)

It's idiosyncrasies, while annoying, can also be used to your advantage, so I'm reasonably happy with the the way it is. Once upon a time, we had no AE ability of any kind, unless you count mgb, so the utility value of this ability is real. The fact that's it's dangerous to use blindly is something I can live with.

Otherwise, it's just the nature of AE's, always be aware of your surroundings when using it, and never ever add it to a generic dps macro or multi-bind key.
  4. Brosa Augur

This is not a "short range" ae. Horizontal yes but its range vertically is ridiculous. I have not seen an advantage on this. I've never seen an ae as dangerous as this one and wonder if it was the devs intention.
    It is possible to change this. There are several ae in the game. Use a code similar to one that doesn't get agro from mobs 1000' above or below your target.
  5. Izcurly Augur

1000? I've never seen that happen. In fact, I'd probably have to look pretty hard to find a location with that much vertical separation, with mobs, to test your claim. Care to suggest a spot?
  6. Tobynn Augur

True story. I used to have it multi-bound, but given the recent prevalence of multi-story structures in recent content I eventually unbound it. Too many times I pulled unwanted trains in Alaris: Temple, Pillars, Bronze, Sepulcher. Fairly certain I trained myself in all those zones a number of times.

Even without it keybound, I still manage to train myself now and again because the AE permeates walls. Made a massive train in Chapterhouse necro area recently :)
  7. Brosa Augur

I say 1k (over exaggeration....maybe?) because EVERY time there is a floor above or below I check and see if it reaches mobs on those floors and every time it nails them. I have not found a spot where it doesn't.
  8. gcubed Augur

I think you will find that using code from any cone/beam AE damage spell will not alleviate this problem since they all seem to have it.