/claim items from collector's edition purchases

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by sihpa, Aug 21, 2013.

1. sihpa Augur

Why do we only get one /claim item such as the hooded scyrkin, brell's rest emblem, the bags from RoF etc etc per account? Why arent these items 1 per character? Some of them are heirloom so you can trade them to toons on your same server (same account) but that really isnt useful if you've restarted on a non-FV server - since you cannot xfer off that server those items are permanently lost. Not to mention most of the /claims arent heirloom in the first place.

They'd be pretty fricken useful and its not like they werent already paid for.
    CaptAmazing and Tegila like this.
  2. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Bags can be bought for SC, so no big problem there.

The Brell's Rest thingy I wholeheartedly agree with, though.
  3. Silv Augur

Very rarely are the collector's edition items worth it (IMO) but when they have things with click ports to hub zones it really sucks to miss it or run into the problem you've mentioned.

Perhaps they should consider not only allowing multiple claims per account (if they're all on the same account who cares if you can port 8 toons to Brell's Rest?) but also making these items available at a later date in the marketplace (like when the next xpac is released?).

I usually don't buy the collector's edition- does a most recent expansion collector edition contain all previous collector's ed. items? (If so, then disregard my ignorance).
  4. sihpa Augur

It doesnt give you the previous items no. They're purely a 1 time, 1 character gets it sort of thing for only the expansion you're buying at that moment.
  5. SpamFactory Augur

because heirloom tags became common later on and no one has had the time/resources to go back and change the earlier claims.
  6. Rainbowdash Augur

The last anniversary pack they released, that included The Buried Sea right before Secrets of Faydwer came out (second to last disc set Sony ever released) buying it got you every single claim from every previous expansion. I see no reason why they couldn't do something like that this coming anniversary. Release an "Anniversary Claim Pack" and "Collector's Anniversary Claim Pack" on Station Store only during the anniversary events or something.