Circle of prophets Cazic thule server Sunday Speacial

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by frostfox, Oct 16, 2012.

1. frostfox Elder

GOt to meet ya in game 8)
  2. frostfox Elder

Bump 8) honk if you love dark elves
  3. frostfox Elder

THANKS EVERYONE
    just wanted to put out a big thanks to everyone who has been coming on sundays NTOV has been a huge success.
  4. frostfox Elder

NO sunday speacial this week .. EVERYONE AT THE COP FAMILY WISHES NORRATH A HAPPY EASTER !!!
  5. frostfox Elder

AFTER a nice Easter break we return tot he Sunday Speacial and back to NTOV .. which we are currently farming
    Cekenar
    Dagarn the Destroyer
    Lord Koi`Doken
    Lady Nevederia
    Jorlleag
    Lady Mirenilla
    Sevalak
    this is a two hour span we hope to continue to get faster as we have added a new dragon each sunday we have raided .. till we get the whole zone down in that time fame. thanks eveyrone who has been showing up and making this a great open event 8)
  6. frostfox Elder

Woot after several weeks going strong in NTOV we have decided to partake in the TOFS anni event from last year. we did this event last year with success and feel that a new crop of folks would benefit from the augs , and seeing the event.
    since the event locks after the instance is gotten we ask that folks who want to participate in this event please be in the POK near the soul binder and the event npc at 6:30 pm CST
    thanks and hope to see you all there at the sunday speacial 8)
  7. frostfox Elder

Thanks eveyrone who came to the TOFS event we ran full and happy 8) Everyone got thier augs and we greatly apriciated all the support 8) we return this week to dragon killing just for the heck of it 8) so see you at NTOV !
  8. frostfox Elder

Want to thank everyone for continueing support of the sunday speacial .. we have been running full for weeks now and consistantly farming the dragons of NTOV .. we hope to continue to bring this popular event to the folks of norrath and humbly thank everyone for all the hard work and help that they have been doing on the events.
  9. frostfox Elder

I have been asked a few times why we have targeted NTOV so heavily during the rof expansion. While we do hold certain progression targets and have worked on many expansions in a progression manner .. we find that currently NTOV allows us to reach a larger number of open raiders. NTOV being a non progression alighned event allows us not to over lap lock outs with other guilds that might be progression orientated so that thier members can come to ntov on sundays. it also allows us not to have the headache of the traditional progression keying. when we do work on progression many times our officers have to do the numbers dance to flag certain amounts of people for a certain event in order to calculate how many piggies we can hold and how many times we have to do an event before moving to the next event .. being that is more difficult with an open raid set then it is a closed raiding guild becuase our numbers and classes vary each and every week, we are pleased as punch to not only offer current content with great options in targets but loot drops as well without the hassle of flagging and or worry about lockouts. IF you are looking for more options in straight up ROF progression i highly recommend eqfreelance.com .. the Freelance team is also featured on the guild recruitment forums and are normaly very near the COP posts. i will admit i am very bias as i myself and many memebers of COP participate and support the freelance team. it is open just as cop is and targets speacific current content progression they are currently farming 4 of the 5 teir 2 events.
    does this mean COP is not ever going to do another progression target .. no we will be hitting targets as we see the need or want for them but at this time .. the ntov dragons have been imensely popular and offer participants the best for thier time and money so to speak 8) Who doesn't like to kill dragons RAWR !!!
  10. frostfox Elder

I LOVE CHOCOLATE AND EQ !
  11. frostfox Elder

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY FROM CIRCLE OF PROPHETS !!!!
  12. frostfox Elder

What to annouce Gigtuoka as a new COP officer 8)
  13. frostfox Elder

TOMORROWS SUNDAY SPEACIAL will be HIT ON SHARDS LANDING >> t1 rof .. same COP rules apply 8) SAME COP TIME SAME COP CHANNEL
  14. frostfox Elder

Shameless plug HUGS FROM COP >.
    THIS SUNDAY we will be HITTING the DRAGONS OF NTOV !!! hope to see you all there 8)
  15. frostfox Elder

Want to thank everyone that has been coming out to the Sunday Speacial
    we love holding open events that cater to begining raiders and casual players, so that they might have the raiding aspect to the game added to thier game exp even if they dont' have the schedule for a raiding guild or progression team. Thank you so much to our officers and volunteers who are experianced raiders and bring thier knowledge and time to help the events. each week we have a different make up and each week these volunteers and officers make it work so that we get events down. benefiting each person who comes.

list of dragons that have been downed by COPsunday speacial

Cekenar
    Dagarn the Destroyer
    Lord Koi`Doken
    Lady Nevederia
    Jorlleag
    Lady Mirenilla
    Sevalak
    Felshak

Contacts & Site Information

Main Site: circleofprophets.org
    Forums: circle of prophets on facebookList
    Contacts:
    Frostfox - guild leader
    maglor - first officer
    tyranosaur , dimbly , sharran , blackbird , nokinhim , shakatma , Gigtuoka , and holr -- Officers
  16. frostfox Elder

SUNDAY SPEACIAL , SUNDAY SEPT 29th 2013 .. 6:30 pm CST
    Raid Expedition: Nagafen the Ancient

This raid expedition begins with "a stoic imp" in the Level 100 revamp of Nagafen's Lair (located in the back of Lord Nagafen's lair, behind the fire giants area). This expedition is only available while the revamped version of the zone is active.

Summary

- Engage Lord Nagafen in his lair (note: has a large aggro range and summons from 100% health).

- At 80%, spawns Aspect of Flame.
    --- Aspect of Flame has a 500-point damage shield.
    --- Drops "Talisman of Fire" and spawns a fire aura in the northeastern part of the lair.

- At 60%, spawns Aspect of Air.
    --- Aspect of Air has a 40' range AE push + trigger for a knockback + nuke for 54,000.
    --- Drops "Talisman of Air" and spawns an air aura in the northwestern part of the lair.

- At 40%, spawns Aspect of Earth.
    --- Aspect of Earth doesn't have any spell effects, but is known to hit very hard (best tanked with strong defensives or melee immunity discs).
    --- Drops "Talisman of Earth" and spawns an earth aura in the southwestern part of the lair.

- At 20%, spawns Aspect of Water.
    --- Aspect of Water isn't known to cast any spells, and isn't a strong mob.
    --- Drops "Talisman of Water" and spawns a water aura in the southeastern part of the lair.

- At 5%, spawns all four Aspects again and goes immune to all forms of damage.
    --- To break Nagafen's immunity, the four players who looted the Aspects' Talismans must stand in their associated auras and right-click the talismans (clicks must be done within seconds of each other).

- Killing Lord Nagafen wins the event, issues a lockout, and spawns a loot chest; however, the Aspects do not despawn

n Detail: Lord Nagafen

Lord Nagafen hits for a max ~35,000 and rarely single-target rampages (does not flurry or AE rampage).

Lord Nagafen will pick a random target and inflict them with "Empowered Flames I". Every 20 seconds, this debuff grows in strength, up to "Empowered Flames IV":

Empowered Flames I: Single Target, Fire (0)
    1: Increase Damage Shield by 250 (5 ticks)

Empowered Flames II: Single Target, Fire (0)
    1: Increase Damage Shield by 500 (5 ticks)

Empowered Flames III: Single Target, Fire (0)
    1: Increase Damage Shield by 750 (5 ticks)

Empowered Flames IV: Single Target, Fire (0)
    1: Increase Damage Shield by 1000 (5 ticks)

After "Empowered Flames IV" wears off, it becomes "Uncontrolled Flames":

Uncontrolled Flames: Single Target, Fire (0)
    1: Decrease Hitpoints by 35000 per tick (5 ticks)

After "Uncontrolled Flames" wears off, the target is inflicted with "Dragonfire Burst":

Dragonfire Burst: Single Target, Fire (0)
    1: Decrease Hitpoints by 3000000

You may be able to avoid the death touch effect by standing outside 200' range of Lord Nagafen at the time "Uncontrolled Flames" wears off. (This is not confirmed to work, but the range-to-target of "Dragonfire Burst" is 200' range, and Nagafen is the one who casts it.)

If the above spell cycle is broken at any time (or after a player is death touched), Nagafen will pick another target and go through the same process again.

In addition to the above effects, he casts "Wing Buffet" at random intervals (45-75 seconds):

Wing Buffet: PB AE 100', (0)
    1: Slow Push (300)
    2: Decrease HP when cast by 34750 to 58200 (random)

He also has an emote-based AE:

Lord Nagafen shouts, 'All will be consumed by flames!'

When he does the above emote, he warps to the center of his lair, becomes rooted in place, and stops summoning. 12 seconds after the emote, he AEs "Pyrestorm", becomes unrooted, and begins summoning again:

Pyrestorm: PB AE 100', Fire (0)
    1: Decrease Hitpoints by 125000

Aspect Adds, Talismans, & Auras

At 80%, Lord Nagafen spawns a mini named: "Aspect of Flame". This mob hits for a max ~7,000 and is immune to all forms of crowd control. It buffs itself with "Fireskin":

Lord Nagafen calls forth a burning Aspect of Flame!

Fireskin: Self 10', Unresistable (0)
    1: Increase Damage Shield by 500

It drops a "Talisman of Fire" for later use.

At 60%, Lord Nagafen spawns a mini named: "Aspect of Air". This mob hits for a max ~7,000 and is immune to all forms of crowd control. It casts "Whirlwind", a lead-up to "Vortex Blast":

Lord Nagafen conjures a whispering Aspect of Air!

Whirlwind: PB AE 40', Magic (0)
    1: Slow Push (-150)
    2: Decrease Hitpoints by 18650 per tick (1 tick)
    3: Trigger Effect: Vortex Blast on Fade

Vortex Blast: Single Target, Magic (0)
    1: Knockback (15) and Toss Up (5)
    2: Decrease Hitpoints by 54000

It drops a "Talisman of Air" for later use.

At 40%, Lord Nagafen spawns a mini named: "Aspect of Earth". This mob hits very hard (possibly harder than Nagafen himself) and is immune to all forms of crowd control. It is not known to cast any spells, and it is recommended it be tanked with defensive discs.

Lord Nagafen digs up a massive Aspect of Earth!

It drops a "Talisman of Earth" for later use.

At 20%, Lord Nagafen spawns a mini named: "Aspect of Water". This mob hits for a max ~7,000 and is immune to all forms of crowd control. It isn't known to cast any spells.

Lord Nagafen summons a shimmering Aspect of Water!

It drops a "Talisman of Water" for later use.

At 5%, Lord Nagafen emotes the following...

In a last, desperate act, Lord Nagafen summons all four elemental aspects to his side.

...And spawns the four Aspects again (all with the same abilities and strength).

At this time, Nagafen also becomes immune to all forms of damage. In order to remove this immunity, those players who looted the talismans should stand in the corresponding auras around the room:

- Fire Aura: northeastern corner of the lair
    - Air Aura: northwestern corner of the lair
    - Earth Aura: southwestern corner of the lair.
    - Water Aura: southeastern part of the lair.

While all four clickers are standing inside their auras, all four talismans should be clicked within a few seconds of each other. If done successfully, you'll see this:

The earth stone begins to vibrate.
    The fire stone begins to glow.
    The earth stone begins to vibrate.
    The air stone begins to hum.

The four elemental powers converge upon Lord Nagafen, stripping him of his protective shield.

...And you can now kill Lord Nagafen.

Note that the Aspects don't despawn, so you'll need to kill them too. (They don't technically need to be killed in order to win the event, however, as the loot chest spawns upon Nagafen's death.)

Loot

Loot includes 4-6 random items from this drop table (duplicate drops possible):

Bladestopper
    Blight, Hammer of the Scourge
    Gauntlets of Fiery Might
    Gold Plated Koshigatana
    Hierophant`s Crook
    Mighty Cloak of Flames
    Prayers of Life
    Red Dragon Scales
    Selo`s Drums of the March
    Treasure Hunter`s Satche

We had a great time doing this event this past sunday . SO DOing it again Hope to see everyone there. Same COP rules apply !
    And thanks again to the folks who post great strats and share thier knowledge with everyone on Zam all the strats we post for the public come straight off there and want to give them the props for it.
  17. frostfox Elder

COP will not be holding the Sunday speacial today ..
    HAPPY THANKS GIVING WEEKEND CANADA !!!
    we will be doing raid next weekend hope to see you there 8)
  18. frostfox Elder

COP is currently on thier HOLIDAY season. we are currently doing requested retro raids. raids are held sunday same COP time 6:30 pm cst , Same COP channel copstar:copstar
    ask any memeber for info for which raid we might be holding that night. currently for retro raids the lvl spread is 90-100 check out circle of prophets on facebook for more info 8)
    and HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOUR FAMILY FROM THE COP FAMILY !!!
  19. frostfox Elder

CIRCLE OF PROPHETS SUNDAY SPEACIAL IS BACK !!!
    Welcome everyone we are now officialy back from our Holiday break and getting back into the swing of things. We have had a lot of over welming requests for Retro content to finish flaging , holes, and character progression. Since we aim to please we have begun going through the older more cobwebby areas of norrath to attain what our players need.
    We invite everyone as we RUN completely through SOD this coming sunday we hope to finish all of the expansoin from Blackburro to Tower if we can. raids are 90-100 due to the ten lvl spread rule , and please come wearing your big boy boots as we want to clear it fast and clean.
    BE there or BE square. !!
  20. Folkar_CC Journeyman

Looks like a fun guild! I have logged into EQ here and there over the past few years, and seem to consistently see COP members around. Sadly my guild has slowly faded into memories, with the exception of alts of mains who have moved on to other guilds. I admit I cringe at the thought of dropping a guild tag I have had since 1999, but it is time to move on. I don't know how much I will get into raiding this time around, but I do look forward to getting to know new people and Eventually getting my warrior Folkar, up to L100. Currently I think he is L82 and only around 350aa or so. Not sure how much grouping opportunity there is in COP at that level, but I can manage with Molo'ing until I get higher in levels as long as the guildchat is active.

I will look for an officer in game sometime this week! :)