Chest Emblems?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Stickietoes, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Stickietoes Augur

Does anyone have an Answer why they stopped Implementing Chest Emblems since RoF?
    Kind of Disappointed. :(
  2. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

All the stats you would have gotten are on the armor now.
  3. tarquinn21 Elder

Thankfully they stopped Emblems. It just FORCED you to have the exact same gear no matter what. At least now they can try to branch off from the cookie-cutter "This is your set of Visible Gear" mentality. Not that I have any faith from it ever going away from the spread-sheets but still, here's to hoping.
  4. Edrick Augur

It was a neat experiment but turned out to be annoying instead. You'd get an upgrade to an armor piece, but equipping it might not make it an actual upgrade because of the emblem.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  5. fransisco Augur

Because players would use the previous expansions gear because emblems made it better than new gear lacking an emblem. It made upgrading harder, cause a single new armor piece with 300 more hp could still be a downgrade.
  6. Stubar Augur

Chest Emblems were awful. Good riddance!
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

They claimed this but it's not 100% true. I stopped being able to be capped in worn attack, mana regen and mod 2's in group gear post Alaris. It took a full suit CotF group armor to get me capped again in Accuracy and Combat effects. I still need LDoN type 3 augs to be capped in mana regen and worn attack.
  8. Iila Augur

That's because stat caps have been going up faster than stats on items. And VoA had higher normal stats of all kind compared to RoF.