Chelsith (Raid) Tank Swap emote

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Qualzek, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Qualzek Augur

Looking for clarification on the exact need to get a successful emote or is this bugged atm...... several times we swap tanks and continue to get the crowd boos..... I noticed the same problem in the group version of Grelleth's a couple times when i was running it not really sure why random fails are happening ....

I thought it was when we were swapping to multiple people say XY has agro.... swaps to XZ.... then XL.... but when we have a single person swap say XY to XZ still getting a fail....
  2. Abazzagorath Augur

You can't use unbroken affirmation. You have to be at the top of the agro list.

Also, it is buggy, if the person on agro changes too quickly right as the emote happens, you can have it not work right, even though someone else now has agro. Seen that happen a couple times.
  3. Axxius Augur

The player actually tanking the mob is shown in HoTT. The one on top of the mob's hatelist is shown in the Target window. If you use Unbroken, you will take over as the tank, but the previous tank will still be on top of the hatelist -> you fail the swap.

These emotes need to check the actual target of the mob instead of its most hated. Bad design.
  4. Qualzek Augur

Thanks good info.... was just getting really frustrated seeing fails on what i thought should have been successful swaps..... I was pretty positive the new tank was at the top of the hatelist but i will have to keep an eye on that next attempt.... appreciate the info and if anyone else has any which may cause it to bug to a failure would love to hear it
  5. Hatsee Augur

This is one of the few times that on a swap you can probably tell the tanks so fade, normally you'd never want them to do this though.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

To be safe, this is a good idea. If the new tank takes a bad round, healers are slow to switch, whatever and he dies it will usually go right back to the old tank without a fade. Which means you fail the emote.
  7. Qualzek Augur

I was curious how fd pots would work on it if the tanks just hit one of those because i know sometimes there fade isn't always up
  8. Battleaxe Augur

Depending on what other mobs are nearby you normally expect the tank who wants to take aggro to AE taunt (supposedly no fail) and use several aggro abilities (not Unbroken or Tempestuous however).

If you simply hit Howl and dump your aggro when you get the switch emote there's a chance LD, lag, or inattention won't have the mob picked up by the next tank and you'll have just killed off a handful of DPSers by Howling. It's better to have aggro taken away from you than to simply dump it.

The mob could have said "Warrior_01, you're boring me. and drop his aggro (lose interest) in that player 5 seconds later all by itself without the complications. The next person on the aggro list would then get aggro unless someone other than the player named grabbed it after the emote.

They won't change the event, but the switch is IMO contrived and awkward and a 'lil old - we saw it on Grelith.
  9. Nudia Augur

BDA should work, I would think.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

And Triunity.
  11. Repthor Augur

Its pretty easy to ride the hatelist as second tank. First tank fadring it shouldent be a problem. With flash beeing 2 min cooldown risk of getting flattened is pretty small withh the tank switch barring boyh tanks cimunicate and have the ability read or setup ATs