Cheating Situation in Other Daybreak Games

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rhythar, Mar 22, 2022.

1. Stix Man Elder

The aradune ruleset was never going to be enforceable long term. The company made a mistake by not getting rid of the ruleset "officially". It's not sustainable and it was a failed ruleset that they refuse to let go of.

Everyone knew this would happen. The company basically got rid of the 2box rule in their mind, but just won't officially change it. It's unfortunate, but that's just how it is.

They completely failed by not just officially removing the rule in like Planes of Power/LDoN. Because of exactly this situation. You have people petitioning for something that the company doesn't care about and won't enforce. It's a waste of time and resources, for everyone involved, and it was completely avoidable. But, here we are.
  2. Rhythar Augur

I only know of one warping cheater, the SG Botter, who has been cheating for over a year. And boxing more than 2 characters on a 2-box server is definitely cheating. The 2-box rule is Aradune's defining feature, and breaking it gives a player an unfair advantage over others.
  3. Numiko Augur

Cheating and hacking happens in every on line game. no exceptions.
  4. Zapsos Augur

Not all rule breaking is cheating.

I'm not allowed to train people either, and doing so could give me 'an unfair advantage' that doesn't make it "cheating".
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  5. Rhythar Augur

It may be impractical to police the 2-box rule, but it seems reasonable to enforce it based off of player reports. My impression is that they don't enforce it because they think (mistakenly) that it's a good financial decision, not because they lack the manpower.

The 2-box rule isn't the only rule not being enforced on Aradune though. The GMs also allow players to disrupt zones, engage in afk gameplay, automate combat, automate the auction house, warp, and harass others. It seems like the GMs hate enforcing or even acknowledging the 2-box rule so much that they will allow 3+ boxers to get away with just about anything.
  6. Rhythar Augur

I can't kill a raid boss with 2 characters, but someone boxing 6 characters can. It's always been an unfair advantage on every server, but on Aradune it's a rule, so anyone 3+ boxing on that server is cheating.
  7. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

Literally pay to win
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

How does showing a picture of a guild roster prove someone is 3 boxing?
  9. Zapsos Augur

The problem is that player reports are wrong a lot, you can't just ban people because someone got upset because that they got out DPSed
  10. Rcbauer Augur

Most guilds that I've been in tag people's alts so they can keep track of everyone. It's pretty simple when you see Main, mainalt1 mainalt2 mainalt3 listed in the guild notes.

we'd call that probable cause in the law enforcement world.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

A note in the guild manager is not proof and people can set it to whatever they want. For all you know someone set all those notes so they could troll others with that screenshot.
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

Exactly, or they are alts on the main accounts, I highly doubt the notes say "RCbauer's 3rd account" lol
  13. Tweakfour17 Augur

Same thing with Truebox, some of these rules seem good at the start, and arguably are, but long term they become a hinderance for both the players and DBG. They need to realize that the ruleset can evolve along with the server.
  14. Rcbauer Augur

Thats why they investigate it.
    Or they should.

If you see xman has 5 boxes online at one time that should raise some questions.

reality is the GMs don't care and that's why 6 boxers are running all over aradune again.
  15. Nessirfiti Augur

I'm going to point out two things. I've said it before in another thread, but I'll say it here.

Players are Hilariously bad at telling what is actually cheating. If it's not something blatant like warping, and what is not actually cheating.
    When Aradune launched, I formed a pre-made group with my guildies from phinny 6 of us, nobody boxing at all. members of the group, usually the tank would constantly get enraged tells about how we're dirty cheaters for 6 boxing, and that they petitioned us and we'd shortly be banned.
    That's also why I left Aradune, It was the single most toxic server I've ever played on, and judging by some of the people in this thread who play on it, it's not any better.

Secondly the two character limit was always going to fail, a Player has no way to tell, and because of truebox GMs have no particularly reliable way to tell
    "Sorry Mr GM, but you're wrong, See, I'm playing two, and my son is playing two, and my wife is also playing two"
    Digler likes this.
  16. Zapsos Augur

I have a guildy who has 4 accounts, he doesn't play more than 2 at a time, but his wife and adult son sometimes plays with him, so by your 'proof via guild tool notes' he should be banned.
  17. Rhythar Augur

There are many ways for a player to tell that someone is breaking the 2-box rule and even more ways for a GM.

As for toxicity, in the context of a video game, cheating seems like the most toxic behavior.
  18. Rcbauer Augur

Sure they do.
    Its pretty obvious when you watch who is 3+ boxing. The follow mechanism alone gives it away.

Just go to Paw beach and watch.
  19. Tweakfour17 Augur

Even blatant warping is not always blatant warping. Lag can make it appear that someone poofs in or out of the area just due to the delay in the game communicating locations. Also things like someone trueboxing themselves would poof them out of the game (and out of sight) instantly w/o going LD or sitting to camp. Or CoTH. etc.
  20. coltongrundy Augur

I saw a guy raging about someone botting the hill giants with a mage armor afk killing everything. He petitioned it and I decided to stick around see what would happen. GM showed up, saw what was happening, and all he did was log them out to character select and left. It only lasted for about 5 minutes, they all logged back in and continued to afk farm the giant hill.

I saw them get caught in the act by a GM and essentially nothing happened. They were force camped one time and that's it.