Cheating Situation in Other Daybreak Games

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rhythar, Mar 22, 2022.

1. Rhythar Augur

My experience with EQ is that there a lots of cheaters and extremely little rule enforcement. I find it basically impossible to get a GM to stop a cheater. But I'm curious as to what the situation is like in other Daybreak games (e.g. EQ2 or DCUO). Is there also lots of cheating in their other games? Is GM enforcement any different?

If you know, please let me know.
  2. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

Cheating is in all the games.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Try asking the players of those games on their forums.
    Gnothappening, Tweakfour17 and Dailor like this.
  4. DruidCT Augur

They used some more advanced anti-cheat products (eg, BattlEye) for Planetside and I think DCUO. No idea if they still do or how effective it is. Its possible the cost of using it here would eat too big a chunk of EQ profits, but I have no idea whatsoever (or maybe its hard to retrofit, again no idea whatsoever).
  5. Pappasalt Augur

I can tell you prior to anti cheat being added to Planetside 2 there was rampant cheating all the time...took em years to add anything.

I think the most hands on anti cheat they ever did was H1Z1, they'd ban them manually all day long and post it in global chats for everyone to see.

But the rest of their titles...nah...don't seem to care much normally...it would ruin this games bottom line if they did anything with it lol.
  6. Nessirfiti Augur

Funny, I've reported multiple people for warping, and they all completely disappeared from the game generally about 10 minutes after I submitted my reports.
    Rebelicious and code-zero like this.
  7. a_librarian Augur

Sorry to be the one to tell you this but that was them logging out of the game normally. Probably because you were there gawking at them
    Digler likes this.
  8. Nessirfiti Augur

Amusingly enough, Nope. I still consistently /who all them and still have never seen them back online. so unless they changed the name of every character they had in zone, or they play the exact opposite times that I do.

I'm still going to keep my tally at 3 warpers.

Also, less gawking, more trying to get silks in EK on my ranger and seeing the guy pop up in front of me any time I'd get near a spider.
    Corydon likes this.
  9. Ketchup4 New Member

sounds like a rogue to me
  10. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

I've heard EG7, the new owners, are very keen on stamping out cheating where it is found. Hopefully, they will or have already started to do something about it here.
  11. Nessirfiti Augur

an SK, a warrior and a paladin, actually. at least judging by the 1.5/2.0s
  12. Rhythar Augur

I haven't seen any improvements in rule enforcement on Aradune since EG7 bought Daybreak. The GMs are still letting every cheater I report continue breaking the rules. Where did you hear that EG7 cares about cheating?
  13. FranktheBank Augur

Weird to ask an EQ forum about non-eq games
  14. Rhythar Augur

I would like feedback from people who have played both EQ and a non-EQ Daybreak game.
    minimind and Digler like this.
  15. Nessirfiti Augur

still a ton of cheating in Planetside 2. I see more cheating there in a week than I have in EQ period.

Hope this helps! :)
  16. Rhythar Augur

What server do you play on in EQ?
  17. Vicious EQ Elder

Oh my child...not even remotely close.
  18. Nessirfiti Augur

I've at the very least dabbled on every TLP other than lockjaw, as I was on Ragefire and Agnarr, I played on a live server from late Kunark until House of Thule. I played on Phinny the longest other than the live server.

And I am still more than willing to stand by my statement of seeing more cheating in Planetside 2 on a weekly basis than I have in EQ since 2000/2001.

Bloody tanks flying through the air, and aircraft flying around under the world. It's ridiculous.
  19. Zapsos Augur

Where do you see all these warping cheaters on Aradune? I play there, and I play way more than I should and other than a few people who box more than they are technically allowed to I (and I wouldn't really call that 'cheating' per say) I haven't seen any cheaters in MONTHS
  20. Rcbauer Augur

I know for a fact people have sent screen shots of guild rosters showing players with 3+ toons on and have done nothing.