Cheating in Everquest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Abec, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Shoot, I didn't even see the Mage in there, LOL. Guess I was thinking too much about the Wizzy and the Chanter lol.
  2. Mellifleur Augur

We have to stop this agreeing thing. It does not befit us.
    I got called a hacker 10x over by Xegony players, but yet when the ban hammer came down, Who was banned / suspended and who was still playing.

Protip : I'm still here.
  3. Sinzz Augur

as far as warping goes its insta ban if somone warps , hell look at the old posts folks got accidently banned for a short time till they could investigate further when they were warped due to lag if the posts from that old hacking post was correct. he would not have even gotten to kill the mob from what i was reading folks warped and poof banned before they had a chance to do anything. google is your friend read up before posting stuff like this.or was this a attempt to taint the forums with cheating posts?
  4. jaddes-RF-antonius New Member

report petition with the most detail as you can write hour excactly place ect and gm do the thing against
  5. Cakvala Augur

Turn on logs as well when you suspect something fishy.
  6. Smokezz The Bane Crew

As far as I know, the anti-warping code will detect anyone that uses 3rd party programs to move around a zone. It checks to see if CoH/port to bind, etc are used and if you've moved in an inappropriate way you simply get moved back to where you were. Also if your internet connection drops for a short time while you're running across a zone you can keep running but when you get your connection back you'll be right back where you were when your connection dropped.

I've announced freebie loot in places like Vex Thal that's desirable like the mask, or smithing gloves and had people try to warp to get it instead of fighting there... and they appear and disappear back to zone in and I laugh at them. Mind you, this was a couple years ago - perhaps they've removed or bugged the anti warp code? I really hope warping isn't back in EQ, as it was extremely annoying in the SoD days.
  7. Pizacatto - CT Augur

There is enough evidence to support legal ways the group could have jumped the mob, this is called 'reasonable doubt', which means they are innocent.

Now, mind you, they could have been using ShowEQ to see when the mob pops then immediately port there, but hey, maybe they were just out of site from you, but could see the mob, then ported there, which would instantly put them on the mob since they were already in zone.
  8. Iadien New Member

False, I know people who used it for years without being banned.
  9. Fenthen aka Rath

I was banned, not for warping, but for GKing. It took about 4 years to get the account back, I lost my paid status (was Bronze when I came back), purchased expansions (in /claim), and several years of my tenure.
    But hey, my Manastone and Gnome mask are still there.
  10. Hatsee Augur

I did too, well before this recent automated system that mistakenly took out a lot of innocent people though.

Do you know anyone that is still playing that was actually cheating? I mean actually cheating, not "Holy cow a group with a wizard just warped here!" But actual cheating?
  11. Fenthen aka Rath

I know plenty. I do not know if they still use hacking programs, but have in the past.
  12. Charqule New Member

There are alot of neat movement tricks possible without hacking when traveling in the lower areas of Argath, especially when you want to get to the Forge area or Tear/Blademaster camp areas quickly, or without dealing with see invis mobs along the normal long run route. Running along the tops of the berms is the way to go.

Seek out a tinkerer or go bazaar shopping for some new boots.
  13. Sympatroniqe New Member

BlankStare_001 likes this.
  14. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

wizards secondary bind to aa casting time is greater than 5 secs. My main is a wizard. i hate cheaters hopefully they get caught.

Andarriel
  15. WarSheol Augur

A few things, first did you hit the mob first? if so that means it was your mob and petitioning may have helped in that case, if you didnt hit it yet it is still free for all.

Second You can target a /anon player and type /guildstatus that will tell you what guild he is in and what rank he is in the guild, so you might be able to reason with their guild leader.

There is some warping and ghosting not caused by hacking but by server side lag, thats another reasonable theory to add to the wizard/camped there ect.

I will be attendig Fan Faire and will attempt to get some info on the current state of the team which runs the anti hack program, in the future if this happens again try sendingthem a tell asking why they did what ever, if they dont answer include that info in your petition if they do answer do a /report name and then petition and mention you /reported soandso.

Hope some of that will be usefull to you. :cool:

~Wars Sheol~ Officer, in via damnum, Xegony.
    Formerly of...
    ~Wars Sheol~ Black Knights of Stromm. Druzzil.
    ~Wars Sheol~ Secretum Dominium. Druzzil/Combine.
    ~Wars Sheol~ Leader, Ruined Our Lands Society. Sleeper.
    ~Wars Sheol~ Leader, Sect of Sheol. EQ2 AB.
    ~Warsheol~ Leader, Empire Sheol. Emarr.
  16. Numiko Augur

I should report myself, I see my toons disapear and reapear somewhere else all the time on my screens while playing.... with no spell casting or "tricks".

In fact sometimes I can look at the same toon with 2 of my 4 characters and it will show it standing in different spots in the zone on each screen!
  17. Redrum_Redrum Augur

Can I report Mobs for hacking? I see them warping all when I mass pull certain zones, or in certain areas in zones where the pathing is known to bug.
    Leerah and Sinzz like this.
  18. Tweelis Augur

So I've been accused of hacking several times.......for using CoH (on my mage) or hatestep (on my sk). I even had to explain to a guide once what hatestep was.

After explaining the same thing over and over to several different people I just ignore those people that don't know what legitimate tools are available to other classes.
  19. Sinzz Augur

yeah and that whole exploiting the gm summon ability that mobs use is totally hax!
  20. Qabal New Member

I use my mage, chanter, druid, wizard, rogue w/cleric merc and campfires to move around the zone so fast it certainly looks like I am warping. With all the pacify abilities I have available and aggro tricks my monk, bard, rogue, pally can do I rarely needed to kill anything other than the named mob I was after. To someone that's not truly familiar with the abilities of those classes I'm sure it looks suspicious. I have a lvl85+ toon of almost every class so I can get to most any place I need to using them. Best form of travel really is just to kill my mage, drag with rogue and merc rez him or to pacify/mez/blur any see invis with my chanter and run mage behind. A quick way to move a group is port to bind.

I'm not saying people don't still warp, but Sony did crack down hard on that. There are a lot of legit ways to get to mobs quickly. Don't jump to conclusions without considering all the possibilities. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.