Cheapest device for boxing a second

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tinolien, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Tinolien Journeyman

With it being the shopping weekend...

Anyone know which device/laptop is good affordable option for running Eq? I’d prefer small and mobile
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Many of us box on one computer so you don't need a second computer to box unless your first one is limping along and if that's the case then put the money into upgrading that one? I run 4-8 boxes with tab screens on windows 8. But I also have an ssd for windows.
  3. Tinolien Journeyman

I plan on trying a TLP out!
  4. Karanthal Augur

Work laptop...

Work are a bit over zealous with their malicious software checks so I just use the hardware and boot windows 10 from USB. The launcher file check is a little slow so I skip that unless there is a patch, other than that it runs great.
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Post on the TLP forums then. They'll have better answers for you.
  6. Tucoh Augur

7. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

With EQ as old as it is, you can buy basically the bare minimums to run it. If you're looking for mobility go with a laptop. It doesn't even have to have a dedicated GPU, and if you're only playing 1 char on it even a duel core processor will be able to run it. Obviously the more bare bones you go the lower you will need to set all the graphics settings. But, a duel core processor with 4 GB of Ram and no dedicated graphics card can get the job done. Something like that should be really cheap.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I'd never recommend 4GB of RAM these days. Just Windows will use most of that. If you're doing ANYTHING else with that system (and even maybe if you're not), go with 8GB. RAM isn't that expensive, you'll be glad you got the extra 4.
  9. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

That's true, tbh you would prolly struggle to find a laptop that only came with 4 to begin with lol.
  10. Karhar Dream Crusher

11. Numiko Augur

any used computer built in the last 10 years will be fine.

check craigslist or swap meets for a working PC or laptop that has a Core 2 Duo or better and go to town.