Chatting Issues with Tells/chat channels

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Lupah, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Lupah New Member

I am having issues with chatting in the game. Im a gold user and have a good 60-80 ping. Recently anytime I use a /tell or /1 (or any chat channel), the message i typed does not show up in the box nor does it seem it gets sent to the receiver. Is this a known issue that can be resolved? it is really frustrating when i cannot speak to people. No error messages pop up when the message gets sent... just nothing shows up like i never typed it ect...
  2. TSR-AlexS Augur

It sounds like it may have something to do with your ui.
    You may want to make backups and then delete the following files:

defaults.ini
    eqclient.ini
    eqgame.exe
    EQGfx_Dx8.dll
    EQGraphicsDX9.dll
    eqlsClient.ini
    eqmain.dll

Also, back up the character configuration files by following these instructions:

<CharacterName>_<ServerName>.ini (example jack_bristlebane.ini)
    UI_<CharacterName>_<ServerName>.ini (example ui_jack_bristlebane.ini)

One or more of those files may be corrupt, causing these issues.

If deleting these files does not resolve your issue, you can restore your backed up files and folders and retain your hotkeys, contact lists, and display settings.
  3. Lupah New Member

I backed up each listed file, then proceeded to delete each file. Booted up EQ with all files deleted. The patcher d/led a few to compensate for the lost files. Once in game... I still cannot send tells, i do not get any error message. Fire wall is off, EQ has full permissions... i do not understand this >_<
  4. Lupah New Member

Issue Resolved.

i did a full uninstall then a full install and it went away...
  5. TSR-AlexS Augur

Cool, thank you for the update. Please let us know if you have any more issues!